This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
    Edit: And I'm really getting sick of this old left-over plot line from SGA that the "military is evil and "the civilians must fight them". Didn't we have enough of this in the 5 years of SGA?
    Since when have the military been portrayed as evil on this show? If anything, they're being shown as the good guys?

Comment

They´ve never been so (vocally) questioned before, and I didn´t see mistrust in SGA. I haven´t seen most of SGA season 4 or 5 so maybe I´m wrong. In SG1 or SGA most of the time the staus quo is quickly restored. I was thinking about Battlestar Galacticas last 1st season episodes. Even then, it´s more about Roslin and Adama disagreeing and less about civies and the military. Season 2 was another story. In SGU Wray and the others are questioning why is Young in charge. Why is the military in charge? I wonder what was the kind of chain of command in Icarus Base in the first place. If I were in their place I would also question Rush´s motivations. We need him....but I don´t think he thinks the same about all of us.

Comment

I don't think they're being shown as either.

Comment

I think it's not that the "military" is being shown as anything in particular, but that the human beings (both military and civilian) are shown as being imperfect.
          sigpic

Comment

I think it's not that the "military" is being shown as anything in particular, but that the human beings (both military and civilian) are shown as being imperfect.
            That makes for good storytelling and it´s curious how it has made more difficult for some fans to relate with them than with SG1 or SGA characters. It´s been my favourite new show this year besides CAPRICA and I do like some of the characters. But someone needs to give Chloe something to do. For example, If I were TJ I´d consider a priority to learn medicine myself and try to unlock whatever that Ancient sickbay may offer me, and I´d look for someone to train basics (taking care of wounds, triage, first aid, suture, CPR).
            Last edited by DOIKECARTER; 04 April 2010, 01:09 AM.

Comment

I'm wondering how they're going to explain that the aliens are so human like (two arms legs eyes, one head mouth etc.) ??

it is really strange to see humanoids in an other galaxy, so far it was explained, the wraith, ancients Asgard.

really like to know more about them

Comment

Probably the best episode of the first season. Doesn't say that much though as I don't really like the show.

At least there were some Aliens, even though they were just a plot device to get Rush back and get more melodrama going. Young was very annoying and whiny. So was Chloe (why save her?). Good that Rush is back I suppose. Wray is so unlikable it's crazy, comes off as such a coont. That IT tech guy was pretty cool because he seemed pretty relaxed and was drinking hooch. The musical montage was lame, wow you found a song that conveyed emotions that the crew might be feeling.

Regardless the episode wasn't THAT boring, at least something happened that was fairly interesting (encounter with Aliens). Though there were a lot of wasted time, the Young and Camille conversations for instance. I'll keep watching..

5/10
                We're whalers on the moon,
                We carry a harpoon.
                But there ain't no whales
                So we tell tall tales
                And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

I reckon that episode should drag on to the next one just some little things or some else getting taken or something, would of been more exciting, or like someone get trapped on the ship when they try to save Chloe and not realizing that she was already off or something like that....
                  But still awesome episode brang some form of excitement to the season, I hope it just keeps getting better and better =)
                  sigpic
                  Thank you BBdreamer

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Its quite obvious the aliens will be back at the very end of the season if people can't make out from the trailer that was a massive spoiler. The last episode is clearly taking people hostage for experimentation. A little too predicable if u ask me.

Comment

SGU - Syfy's Multiple repeats of Space:

From Syfy's schedulebot:

STARGATE UNIVERSE

4/05/2010 12:00A SPACE
                      4/06/2010 5:00P SPACE
                      4/07/2010 12:00A SPACE
                      4/08/2010 01:00A SPACE
                      4/08/2010 5:00P SPACE

4/09/2010 8:00P SPACE

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by bouke View Post
                        I'm wondering how they're going to explain that the aliens are so human like (two arms legs eyes, one head mouth etc.) ??

it is really strange to see humanoids in an other galaxy, so far it was explained, the wraith, ancients Asgard.

really like to know more about them
                        It could be that through evolution our human features are actually the best...

Comment

I can't believe this... This is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Was it even serious ?? I've watched this show far too long ! lol, what a piece of cr... Can't even believe the writers came up with that, were they depressed or something ???
                          Last edited by brandnew; 04 April 2010, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I was hoping those aliens would turn Chloe into some kind of monster, too bad.
                            Overall, I think this is the best episode so far. It had everything, action, revelation and character development. Maybe it was lacking a little drama, but we`ve had enough of that already.

Comment

Originally posted by brandnew View Post
                              I can't believe this... This is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Was it even serious ?? I've watched this show far too long ! lol, what a piece of cr... Can't even believe the writers came up with that, were they depressed or something ???
                              That was very constructive, thanks. I can totally understand exactly why you feel that way now!
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                That was very constructive, thanks. I can totally understand exactly why you feel that way now!
                                Yeah lol sorry but I was in shock a bit... It's hard for me to go into details of what was wrong because everything was. The song at the end killed it for me (the girl who cries because of the scientist, wtf ? Is it desperate housewives now ?). Women are dumber and dumber on this show. The girl is kidnapped like it is some sort of Super Mario Bros deal. I almost felt like the hero was going to beat Bowser in the spaceship, although he didn't even go there because Rush escaped and saved the day (RIP Robert Carlyle by the way). I'm used to Stargate being convenient, but THIS ? This is not even convenient anymore, We should just invent a new word for it.

All dialogues are so explanatory it never lives really. It's all about repeating exactly what we already understood way before (can't we sometimes just let the images speak for themselves ?). That must be so hard for the actors to have to say these things (Did you notice how Colonel pushed the button of the door to let Rush go out, lol, that was a super dramatic button pushing, I almost felt the rage).

I don't know, I can't understand how low this is. I kind of hoped there would be some dramatical sense in all this, and that Rush would come out darker, or the tension darker but I didn't believe it.

The only good point though is Young's character, here we felt how his choices are on the line, sometimes way out. That was nice, pushy, strong. That's good. But the rest is completely out of the loop.

Comment

Working...
                                X