This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briiguy View Post
    The big gun was a let down. It was all big and bad....but did it even scratch the paint on the 'Blue Guys' ship? This show can use better effects.
    I think that was cause it was underpowered. One wonders how it would have faired if the ship was in tip top condition AND had just refueled.

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
    Another question: Did anyone pick up on how the aliens were able to communicate "Surrender" to the Destiny crew? I don't know if it was ever mentioned, but my only guess is that it was a word they extracted from Rush's mind using that mind connection device?

My thougths as well. Heck i wonder how much of our language they have picked from his brain...

Originally posted by DrNicholasRush View Post
    Great episode! I think it was very successful in incorporating the old SG-1 and Atlantis feels into the unique SGU experience and I'm glad to see that. The only quip I have with it is with the communication stones. When Vala and Daniel travel to the Ori Home Galaxy they comment how the stones translate for them. I realize since only one stone is being used to contact the aliens (another question entirely, how'd that happen), but shouldn't they have been able to translate alien to english?

Maybe cause the Ori and lanteans spoke the same or similar languages it was already programmed (the big base unit) to converse back and forth. BUT since there is not base unit like that, as ours is home made, it has no translater function.

Finally brought some action back. And the aliens look good too. Best one yet. Camille knew about Rush framing Young ... OMG!!!!
    As smart as she is it was no biggie to me that she twigged it. Either that or they BOTH conspired on that.

I wonder who the picture was that Greer was looking at at the end of the ep?
    Prob a sibling or son back home.

Really? Hmm...I'll have to rewatch that part really carefully. In any case, it would still be possible considering Rush has good knowledge of the Ancient language. They could have extracted that from his brain no matter what language they were communicating in. I guess that'll be my working hypothesis for now
    Most likely all they were getting from the destiny was being cycled through rush.

Amazing episode. Smartly written, perfectly paced, and kept just the right touch of mystery on the aliens and how they're tracking Destiny for a reveal in later episodes. Everything just seemed... right.
    What i think is that they don't have a tracking device, but were just using the knowledge rush has on how it travels, its course etc to plot out where it would be at time X.

Huh, that's an interesting thought, Rush did say they were trying to find a way past Destiny's defenses and the aliens had made neural links to their minds. Maybe not controlled by the aliens, but perhaps a spy of sorts to get them more intel on the ship and the people on it. It'd be an interesting storyline for Chloe especially.
    That would be on heck of a twist if they were still being mentally monitored..

Rush seems to have won Chloe over with his bravery, and let's be honest, he could have just left her to die, he showed real bottle on that ship. Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if it was just a part of a larger plan to bring the crew to his side, that's the beauty of the Rush character, you never quite know what he is plotting.
    I don't think rush did it out of that.. but i could be wrong. ANd it would go in with his scheming.

- Young's face when he sees Rush is alive. Priceless.
    It almost looked like he was seeing a ghost..
    I guess he did figure rush was dead.

One thing I hate about the "shields are failing" thing...The damn thing goes through a sun. Does it get drained so easily?
    I think that was cause it's weaponry were also firing, therefore pushing the drain on its power resources as well.

Despite all he does, he continues to get overlooked, as evidenced by the two females talking about another man,
    Well, when you have a hunk like that Dr and then Eli, whom would YOU be talking about if you were a woman?

Kinda funny, they probably think the humans on Destiny are ancients...
    Since they probed rushes brain, i seriously doubt it.

No one has mentioned the fact the communication stones didn’t make contact with anyone on Earth. I wonder if the show is going to sever Destiny’s connection to Earth for awhile?
    I am wondering if they automatically link to the nearest device capable of receiving htem, hence the alien's having one of the stones were able to mimic them with their tech..

Comment

I really liked most of this episode, which is only the second episode of SGU that I have really liked or made me excited about the series. I either had no reaction to or didn't care for most of the first half episodes. I did really like "Light" though. Thank God for Brad Wright. I wish he would write (or re-write) the episodes again.

There was action, drama, character moments, aliens, space battles, crew tension and a pretty good story for the first 40 or so minutes. I was ready to start calling myself an SGU fan instead of a Stargate fan who watched the show out of loyalty.

Then came the lame "montage". This showed Eli is a pervert who watches the Lt and Chloe in bed. Young can't darn socks. Totally changed the James character from capable, intelligent, and decisive into a stereotypical weepy, weak, hesitant woman. And pretty much went back to the soap opera-ish/reality TV-emulating/boring stuff of the first half of the season.

Now, I'm back to being scared to even watch next week. Will it be "good" Stargate? Or are we back to "bad" Stargate?

Edit: And I'm really getting sick of this old left-over plot line from SGA that the "military is evil and "the civilians must fight them". Didn't we have enough of this in the 5 years of SGA?
      Last edited by hisg1fans; April 3, 2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Plot::Twist- View Post
        This is a great show.
        However, the character melodrama just needs to be scaled back.
        Its just too much
        They have a great premise, and room for adventure!
        "Space" seemed to be a step in the right direction.
        I wanna see more of these guys!
        This is a good episode.
        yep, there was too much melodrama in this episode; I almost fell asleep.

and I'm starting to hate Col. young.
        Favorite Characters:
        Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
        Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
        SG1: Jack O'Neill
        SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
        Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

Then came the lame "montage". This showed Eli is a pervert who watches the Lt and Chloe in bed.
          With Young watching over him trading jokes about the "performance"

The montage was a bit cheezy but ok. I don't think Eli was watching Chloe in bed, just showing Young the part where Wray was planning a mutiny with the civilian scientists (what we saw earlier in the episode). It was Eli "king of the big brother fraternity".
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

IMO Young hit the water tank because he thought Chloe was in it, not to "rescue" Rush. When Rush fell out, Young was surprised. Then when he got back to the ship, he tried to cover up leaving Rush behind and Chloe was incidental to his decision.

Edit: sorry, but I seem to be losing the "quoted" bits for some reason?
            Last edited by hisg1fans; April 3, 2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Thier are no offical aliens like SG1 and SGA. Just smaller ones that appear from time to time to cause trouble for the Destiny
              Spoiler:
              Until the Lucian Army shows up. Then you'll have a major story arc enemy.
              sigpic

Comment

Personally, I was super-pleased with this episode. I thought it was good pretty much from start to finish. I am definitely excited about how the rest of this season could play out.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Still not what I'd call a major enemy that will threaten the Destiny for years like the Goa'uld dd for SG1
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Personally, I was super-pleased with this episode. I thought it was good pretty much from start to finish. I am definitely excited about how the rest of this season could play out.
                    I knew you would of been pleased. It had a little bit of everything mixed into this episode.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Still not what I'd call a major enemy that will threaten the Destiny for years like the Goa'uld dd for SG1
                      Neither were the Replicators or Genii in SGA. But they still played a significant part. Of course we won't see enemies like the Goa'uld, Ori, or Wraith. But I am fine with that. I think the smaller villians like the Michaels, LA, Aliens from Space, and etc are better for the show. I am kinda tired of having one grand undefeatable enemy. Another reason why I loved Season 4 of SGA so much, was because it was the other guys causing the most problems not the main enemy.
                      sigpic

Comment

I knew you would of been pleased. It had a little bit of everything mixed into this episode.
                        Indeed it did, my friend.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Man I have avoided most of the episode synopsis' for the rest of S1 and S2 so I was kinda excited that the advanced Nav'ii would stick around for a while.

Then I read your spoiler. My fault for reading it obviously but kind of a slight let down. I always thought that enemy was like fighting with your younger brother....they might punch you in the arm once or twice but only cos you weren't really trying to hurt them too bad.

Anyways without knowing too much else bout the rest of S1, its looking pretty good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            Man I have avoided most of the episode synopsis' for the rest of S1 and S2 so I was kinda excited that the advanced Nav'ii would stick around for a while.
                            The combination of the stones and the blue alien certainly make the receiving body act like an avatar.

Oh wait!! Maybe in the water tank it wasn't really Rush and Chloe but 2 artificially grown avatar to be used by the alien to infiltrate the Destiny and "understand" the human before telling them to frakk off. They use their mind probe to make their avatar act "normal" while the real Rush and Chloe are still in captivity on the alien ship. Or maybe not.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Finally I'm not hideously bored while watching SGU - I was getting more than a little concerned. I think this type of episode should have come much earlier. The introduction of these insectoids would have kept a few fans I know watching - maybe this will bring them back. I really can't wait to see them again, and what this means for the ship and its angst-ridden crew.

A bit too easy in getting Rush back, but oh well.

My #2 episode of the show so far. It will take a little more effort to beat "Time".

Comment

Hi. I really enjoyed this episode. However, is really the aftermath of an alien attack the best moment to question the people trained to protect all of them?

Comment

Working...
                                X