This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i love how gun ho greer was about using the weapons he has much better aim then ronon
    Something tells me we'll find out. My bet is its his mother(from spoilers i read).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      I wonder who the picture was that Greer was looking at at the end of the ep?

Spoiler:
      Total speculation, but I think it was a picture of his mother.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

They found a nice balance between the more familiar Stargate action/adventure and the direction they took the first 1/2 of the season. Seeing that space battle just made me want more space battles.

And the aliens were cool too, although I don't think we'll ever really get to know any enemies on this show the way we did the Gua'uld or Wraith. But at the same time we did get a little insight into them and if nothing else a theory from Rush about what they want so it's not gonna be a show up, fight and leave enemy like The Daedalus Variations or Foothold.

And I guess we got a new ship added to the Destiny fleet...
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

well by the looks of the trailer, you can see them coming through the stargate... so they will probably be back.

Comment

they have to be back!!!

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Very good episode. I like the continuing tensions between Wray and Young and of course Rush and Young, and what looks like increasing issues between Eli and Young, that was a great bit when he called him on leaving Rush behind. And it seems like Wray and Rush collaborated to frame Young in Justice, which will be interesting to see play out next week. The bits with TJ and James and TJ and the new doctor were great, some light-hearted stuff to balance the serious.The space battle and rescue was also good, and those aliens look very cool, though I kinda wish it had been stretched out for maybe another episode. But at least now we know what that pod was from the end of Air part 3.

The only small problems I had were mostly costume related, TJ's top keeps making me wish they'd give her a normal T-shirt to wear like the other officers, and it was kinda funny that Rush and Chloe got their normal outfits back after seemingly losing them when they got captured. Guess they brought spares with them from Icarus.

But all in all a solid ep, I'm glad I stuck with the show despite being somewhat disappointed with the first half of the season.
              Last edited by EvenstarSRV; 02 April 2010, 07:10 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                They found a nice balance between the more familiar Stargate action/adventure and the direction they took the first 1/2 of the season. Seeing that space battle just made me want more space battles.

And the aliens were cool too, although I don't think we'll ever really get to know any enemies on this show the way we did the Gua'uld or Wraith. But at the same time we did get a little insight into them and if nothing else a theory from Rush about what they want so it's not gonna be a show up, fight and leave enemy like The Daedalus Variations or Foothold.

And I guess we got a new ship added to the Destiny fleet...
                Oh I concur lots of good things in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  Another question: Did anyone pick up on how the aliens were able to communicate "Surrender" to the Destiny crew? I don't know if it was ever mentioned, but my only guess is that it was a word they extracted from Rush's mind using that mind connection device?

It was sent in Ancient and the equipment the crew brought with them translated it into English. How the aliens knew Ancient, I don't know.

Originally posted by DrNicholasRush View Post
                  Great episode! I think it was very successful in incorporating the old SG-1 and Atlantis feels into the unique SGU experience and I'm glad to see that. The only quip I have with it is with the communication stones. When Vala and Daniel travel to the Ori Home Galaxy they comment how the stones translate for them. I realize since only one stone is being used to contact the aliens (another question entirely, how'd that happen), but shouldn't they have been able to translate alien to english?
                  Daniel and Vala were using an Ancient Communication Device connected to another one in the Ori galaxy. Young was using an SGC knock-off connected to (I'm assuming) the aliens' own version of the device. At least that's what it looked like to me.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

It was sent in Ancient and the equipment the crew brought with them translated it into English. How the aliens knew Ancient, I don't know.
                    Really? Hmm...I'll have to rewatch that part really carefully. In any case, it would still be possible considering Rush has good knowledge of the Ancient language. They could have extracted that from his brain no matter what language they were communicating in. I guess that'll be my working hypothesis for now
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Hehehe... Just reading how people enjoyed the episode. Posting from a music festival. Love free wi-fi!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        It was indeed epic! But I think I liked Time more...i'm a bigger fan of Stargate travel than space stuff. But it was definitely great and I can't wait until next week!
                        I usually like the episodes with space battles better but in this case I still like Time a little bit more. That was a phenomenal episode.

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Really? Hmm...I'll have to rewatch that part really carefully. In any case, it would still be possible considering Rush has good knowledge of the Ancient language. They could have extracted that from his brain no matter what language they were communicating in. I guess that'll be my working hypothesis for now
                        I'm pretty sure that's what Eli said when somebody (I think Greer) asked how they knew English.

Comment

in all honesty, the aliens probably didn't understand the transmission they sent... but once they received it, they probably just sent their communication telling them to surrender anyways, which the computer translated.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's what Eli said when somebody (I think Greer) asked how they knew English.
                            Or he might have said "That's not a translation!" lol I could've swore it sounded different the first time I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              in all honesty, the aliens probably didn't understand the transmission they sent... but once they received it, they probably just sent their communication telling them to surrender anyways, which the computer translated.
                              next time smoke signals
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This episode is a prime example why conflict can be great for a TV show, not a detriment. To use a Trek comparison, this show takes the DS9 approach rather than the TNG/VOY approach. Nothing wrong with TNG but I was happy that DS9 decided to not be a repeat of it (which of course in large part made it less popular). VOY on the other hand was happy to follow TNG's lead and quickly get rid of any tension between the Starfleet officers and the Maquis crew members. The show tried to restore some tension with the arrival of Seven but that was mostly superficial and it was too late anyway.

By the way, nice touch by the writers to not give us the cliche of Scott disobeying or ignoring a command to save "the girl". To have his and Greer's rescue end before it began because of Rush's actions was a smart piece of writing.

I've been loving this show from the beginning, flaws and all.{mod snip} Instead I'm hoping this show picks up eventually new fans who never checked out the Stargate series before.
                                Last edited by TameFarrar; 02 April 2010, 08:39 PM. Reason: do not discuss other members

Comment

Working...
                                X