This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    1. This ep showed why Young was stupid to maroon Rush.

2. However it then showed why I trust Young more than Rush. Young clearly has the expedition's best interests at heart if you allow for his "nucking futs" moments, he goes on to 'rescue' Rush...and Rush still want to take him down?
    I think you have to consider why he broke Rush out of the tank. Was it altruism or did he want information? Why, for example, did he not say when Scott asked him if he saw Chloe, 'No, but hey, Rush was there!'?

3. Wray's lost credibility as well...why back Rush who she's been told by the IOA not to trust?
    When was she told not to trust Rush? Whether or not Rush can be trusted, he's still her best chance of getting home and she clearly trusts him more than the guy who threatened to take her name out of the lottery just because she disagreed with him.

4. First impression of the aliens...standard bad guys - you'd have thought it would have brought an end to the spitting contest though!

Still very interesting!
    We don't know they're bad guys. They might be more smurf than we know.

Comment

i enjoyed this episode alot i thought young and rush were great as was tj,scott,camile and greer to a lesser extent. however chloe and james were awful im sorry there was just nothing good from them at all. as for the aliens i like them and cant wait to see more of them and uncover what it is about the destiny that they want so badly.
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode would say its the 3rd best of the season. Lots of action wish there was more gun battles though. Hope to see the aliens again.
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

Repeating what some have already said but this episode was much better for me and those watching with me. It was more action packed with some aliens and the almost obligatory fight with what appear to be “bad” aliens. I am a bit conservative when it comes to science fiction because I was at school when the first episodes of Star Trek came out so I really like aliens.

The aliens did not speak English (well I couldn’t understand them) and this is a serious move away from SG1 and Atlantis where nearly everyone speaks English. Maybe they need to find technology on the ship that can deal with Alien languages.

Aliens drilling holes in the ship, like cooker cutter sharks, was worrying too but hey they seem to have the technology to keep the nasty “space” environment out.

Apologies for this but Chloe did look fantastic in that wet suit what with her nice blue eyes and long legs plus the older and slightly shorter Rush got to act with her. Being about the same height as Rush I can empathize with that bit. I like the way he toughened up a bit after the thrashing he got last episode.

The episode was a little bit prescribed as in Rush appeared to have been written out of the series but was then rushed back an episode later. That was clinical script writing but this was my favourite episode so far, so what the heck?

Universe is competing against the promising Caprica and V (2010) series so they really should give superb looking people like Chloe a positive character. Do you remember that female ancient in Atlantis? She was God’s gift to all men so surely Chloe must be an ancient with looks like that. So give her character some brains like Carter in SG1 then you are on to a winner. Look at the lead female actor in V (2010). She has killed someone so obviously no push over.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
            I think you have to consider why he broke Rush out of the tank. Was it altruism or did he want information? Why, for example, did he not say when Scott asked him if he saw Chloe, 'No, but hey, Rush was there!'?

When was she told not to trust Rush? Whether or not Rush can be trusted, he's still her best chance of getting home and she clearly trusts him more than the guy who threatened to take her name out of the lottery just because she disagreed with him.

We don't know they're bad guys. They might be more smurf than we know.
            1. He'd previously claimed Rush was dead and probably thought that this was not the time to reveal the truth.

2. He does regret leaving him on the planet and probably saw this as a chance to make up for that.

3. She was told by the IOA guy that Rush was in no hurry to go home. That would be enough to make me not trust him, no matter what he abilities are.

4. What's the big deal about her being taken out of the lottery. Young wasn't even putting 'himself' into the lottery.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
              1. He'd previously claimed Rush was dead and probably thought that this was not the time to reveal the truth.

2. He does regret leaving him on the planet and probably saw this as a chance to make up for that.
              Yes, not the time to say, 'You know how I said Rush was dead; well, he isn't.' There's really no time for you to show yourself out to be a liar, is there.

3. She was told by the IOA guy that Rush was in no hurry to go home. That would be enough to make me not trust him, no matter what he abilities are.
              And how would the IOA know that? The only people they've spoken to are Wray herself and Young.

4. What's the big deal about her being taken out of the lottery. Young wasn't even putting 'himself' into the lottery.
              Because he thinks he's being noble rather than stupid. The big deal is that it was a threat. Stop disagreeing with me or I'll let you die. And as we know from Justice, he'll do it. He'll think he's a bad person afterwards but that won't actually stop him from, say, leaving someone to die.

Comment

Well, that was an ultimate episode! Better than the jungle one! Poor Rush.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Eric.Stewart also writes: “Why is Young sewing socks?”

Answer: Because he can’t go to the store to buy another pair.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ag-blog-entry/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Does anyone else kinda suspect that the "aliens" are the Furling?

Comment

Originally posted by DestinyAscension View Post
                      No.

Comment

Originally posted by DestinyAscension View Post
                        I do not
                        sigpic

Comment

mark me down for No
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Eric.Stewart also writes: “Beside where did Young found the thread and the needle to sew socks. I don’t recall seing him jump throw the gate with his sewing kit !!”

Answer: Needle and thread would have no doubt been included in any survival kit they had the foresight to take with them when they evacuated Icarus Base.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hotto-mailbag/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

proof rush didn't steal a stone

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11513709
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                It's possible he could have brought one with him but as we haven't seen that yet, there's no way to know. I also had a random thought that in Air 1 (I believe) when he snuck away with the case of stones, that he could have swapped one out for a fake stone, but there;s no way to be sure that someone wouldn't pick that one during a swap so that's out.
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X