sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Snorks. They're the Snorks.
        i remember them. but i prefer the smufs
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Smurfs may be blue, but the Snorks are aquatic. Besides, 'Smurfs' sounds too cute. 'Snorks' sounds a bit sinister.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

smorks
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Too close to 'sporks'. Either way, I'm calling them the Snorks from now on.

Random thought:
              When James shut down the power to the electrified corridor, I was expecting there to be some massive repercussion, like half the weapons grid going down.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

When James shut down the power to the electrified corridor, I was expecting there to be some massive repercussion, like half the weapons grid going down.
                When I saw that I was actually kind of surprised that she got through there like she did. I think she could have sold it a bit more. Interesting also the analog nature of the Destiny compared to other Ancient tech, though I sort of wonder how she knew the big switch there did that in the first place. Briefing during the Telford plan maybe?

Also, strangely enough I didn't really have a problem with Chloe in this ep. I think that soldier in the corridor could have been a little more pro-active in getting her to stay back.

Comment

OK so having been of on my hols I return from sunny Spain to this ep, and Divided coming up as well. Excellent.

As for the ep itself, it seems to have been discussed back and forth in the week I've been away, but to comment bit myself I found it thoroughly enjoyable. I was concerned that the increase of pace would lead to the excellent drama that had been SGU's particular quality thus far to disappear. I was pleased to find Space a good mix between excellent character drama mixed with exciting action. Further I was worried at the end of the ep with Rush and Young speaking that we were going to have the reset button pushed, I almost whooped with joy with that last scene between Rush and Wray planning mutiny. Apart from that cool ep, cool aliens, good acting, good action, loved the moral ambiguity where it seemed that Young might be deliberately targeting the alien ship to kill Rush.

And finally on a lighter note Dr Rush's badass credentials seem to be firmly established when fresh out of a tank he promptly killed one of the aliens with his bare hands.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                    And finally on a lighter note Dr Rush's badass credentials seem to be firmly established when fresh out of a tank he promptly killed one of the aliens with his bare hands.
                    I know, that was excellent! Of course, it may be that those aliens aren't particularly hard to kill, but I prefer to think that wetsuit!Rush just kicks ass.
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                      I know, that was excellent! Of course, it may be that those aliens aren't particularly hard to kill, but I prefer to think that wetsuit!Rush just kicks ass.
                      Even though those aliens didn't look particularly strong, the fact he killed one straight out of the tank, confused and disorientated and used his bare hands did impress me. Glad TPTB realise that Robert Carlyle can do badass very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna
                        Well, I wish that Rush would have stayed away for couple more episodes. He's my favourite character. Hate Young. I hope that when Wray gets charge, Rush will rebel him.
                        It would have been good too if A plot of the episode would have been Rush and his interactions with the aliens from the moment we left him in Justice, possibly with Chloe joining him later on. Cliffhanger: Young swipe the tank and see Rush's face. While the rest of the event would have been the B plot or pushed to the next episode. I don't think it would not be a good idea just to miss Rush for a couple of episodes.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Such a great episode. Wonderful, beautiful and touching. It's almost kind of tear-jerking Young and Rush can't come together and be friends - perhaps Young would come around and see Rush's side. That'd be moving.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSunset View Post
                            Such a great episode. Wonderful, beautiful and touching. It's almost kind of tear-jerking Young and Rush can't come together and be friends - perhaps Young would come around and see Rush's side. That'd be moving.
                            That's what the mind probes are for.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Good stuff, this show is getting better and better. I was most impressed with the way they brought Rush back, very clever and well written.

Comment

1. This ep showed why Young was stupid to maroon Rush.

2. However it then showed why I trust Young more than Rush. Young clearly has the expedition's best interests at heart if you allow for his "nucking futs" moments, he goes on to 'rescue' Rush...and Rush still want to take him down?

3. Wray's lost credibility as well...why back Rush who she's been told by the IOA not to trust?

4. First impression of the aliens...standard bad guys - you'd have thought it would have brought an end to the spitting contest though!

Still very interesting!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X