This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got a 3 for you PG15:

3. Fire is now 2 episodes long to compensate for the huge script and shoot. Thus, the rest of the season has been pushed back by an episode.
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      And what is this about your script?
      Something I'm working on at uni... Hopefully I'll have it done by the time I'm finished

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
        Ive got a 3 for you PG15:

3. Fire is now 2 episodes long to compensate for the huge script and shoot. Thus, the rest of the season has been pushed back by an episode.
        I like the sound of 3.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
          I like the sound of 3.
          Too bad the scenario for 3 will never happen
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Why not? I think it's highly likely. In fact, I put that possibility in the question I asked JM.

Comment

I wonder, wrong place I know, but it just wanted asked if a writer writes a script for 1 episode and then that one script get split to form two extra episode with no extra writer input does that writer get paid for two episodes or just the one episode or do they just get paid by the script and it does not matter if that the script is aired over two hours.

Comment

Why not? I think it's highly likely. In fact, I put that possibility in the question I asked JM.
                Because then wouldn't have to scrap another episode. I was under the impression that all 20 episode slots had been filled.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, they have scrapped episodes before. i.e. Hexed.

Also, we do know that they had 2 spots left open a few weeks back; it may be full now, but you never know.

Comment

Well, they have scrapped episodes before. i.e. Hexed.

Also, we do know that they had 2 spots left open a few weeks back; it may be full now, but you never know.
                    I thought they were all filled up

Just given the space between Stargate' s two parters in the past I just don't see it happening so early in the series. But who knows? I have been wrong before.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I thought they were all filled up

Just given the space between Stargate' s two parters in the past I just don't see it happening so early in the series. But who knows? I have been wrong before.
                      Well, this is a new Stargate show. Anything could happen.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I’m well into the rewrite of Space, episode #11 of Stargate: Universe, and finally got it down to a full 46 pages from a robust 54 (and that’s down from its original 60!). Paring down the dialogue, stripping away some of the superfluous beats, but still maintaining a lot of the character beats that Rob and Co. responded to in the original version (the Boone scene, the James beats, that thing with the sock). Hope to have a nice, tight, revised draft for when everyone comes back in about a week.

So, looking ahead to next week, I have the comic book pitch, those Atlantis scenes to write, the revised draft of Space to go over and, oh yeah, that short story to finish up. [...]
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ojects-galore/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

A mention...

With [...] the Space rewrite done [...] this is the first in a long time that I have nothing on my plate.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nth-club-news/

Comment

Update:

Rob will be doing the pass on my script, Space (episode 11), this weekend and informed me of a few character additions he wants to make off the top (which tie in directly to Justice), in addition to a dialogue tweak to the final exchange that had me raising an eyebrow in stunned silence. I love both of these characters, and this little revelation raises the stakes, offering a beautiful segue into the next episode, Divided.

Nothing is quite as it seems? Try – No one is quite as they seem. Furtive moves, shifting alliances, and hidden agendas guarantee a dysfunctional and disquieting galaxy-hopping community.

---

Major D. Davis writes: “[...] 3. Will Andy be Directing Space? [...]”

Answers: [...] 3. Yes. [...]

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-some-mailbag/
                            Last edited by PG15; 29 May 2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Small update:

Rob heads into prep on episode 10 (Space, the episode I wrote).

---

PG15 writes: “[...] 3. What do you mean when you say that Rob is “doing the pass” on your script? Does it mean that he’s producing it, or just reading it to give it notes?”

Answers: [...] 3. Rob will be producing the episode, doing the script polish, taking the network notes, overseeing prep, and doing the producer’s cut.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...at-year-is-it/

Comment

Rob heads into prep on episode 10 (Space, the episode I wrote).
                                Space has now returned to its tenth slot ? Justice its ninth and Divided its eleventh ?
                                Why is that ? Did the producers decided to move Life after the mid-season two parter or are those numbers the production numbers ?

PG15 that's a mission for you to know ^^
                                sigpic
                                ___________Stargate SG-1____________________Stargate Atlantis____________________Stargate Universe
                                ________07.27.97 ~ 06.22.07________________07.16.04 ~ 01.09.09__________________10.02.09 ~ 05.09.11

Comment

Working...
                                X