This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
    i think the show has been consistently good since its return but i think im not gonna like this episode as it reminds me of life (shudder) which is my least fav stargate episode ever.is anyone else concerned about this episode ruining the recent strong form the show has been on?
    Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
    Really? Life is your least favorite episode in the entire franchise? REALLY?!
    Mine too man. That episode was too soapy for me. I would watch the "irr" eps from SGA over and over again before "Life". I need one of those MIB memory erasers to clear my mind from that hour.

I like action, adventure, exploration, comic relief, and drama. But the drama I like the Young and Rush stuff that I like. That to me is good drama. Divided is another good example of good character drama to me that I love.

If I want to know who is pregnant, and who is the baby daddy and who is cheating on so and so, I'll watch Days of our Lives. lol.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
      i think the show has been consistently good since its return but i think im not gonna like this episode as it reminds me of life (shudder) which is my least fav stargate episode ever.is anyone else concerned about this episode ruining the recent strong form the show has been on?
      Nope. And you seem to have forgotten Life didn't have some action-y fun, or so it seems.

The dissenters against the Wray scenes on Earth in the wheelchair should probably do the following: Shrug it off. It's going to happen, it's probably not going to be massively plot-important, some people might like it, and since it's not the A Plot from what we figure, again, it's not that hard to shrug off.

EDIT: And Brian is a Life-hating bad dog.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        Nope. And you seem to have forgotten Life didn't have some action-y fun, or so it seems.

The dissenters against the Wray scenes on Earth in the wheelchair should probably do the following: Shrug it off. It's going to happen, it's probably not going to be massively plot-important, some people might like it, and since it's not the A Plot from what we figure, again, it's not that hard to shrug off.

EDIT: And Brian is a Life-hating bad dog.
        Duuuuuuuuude, you know I love this series, but that episode totally turned me off.

to add: I agree this episode will not be like Life, too much plot going on with this episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Duuuuuuuuude, you know I love this series, but that episode totally turned me off.
          *Whacks with newspaper* Bad dog, I say! BAD DOG!

And it was still better than Emancipation! (EDIT: And those frelling clipshows which I hate with an unbridled and uncharacteristic passion.) At least, you know, cinematically it looked half-okay.

In Sabotage-related news... prospects look somewhat shiny for this episode. Except for the possibility of Rush hooking up with some unlucky gal - can't imagine Ellie and Lahela's crying over losing him to a one-off...
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Mine too man. That episode was too soapy for me. I would watch the "irr" eps from SGA over and over again before "Life". I need one of those MIB memory erasers to clear my mind from that hour.

I like action, adventure, exploration, comic relief, and drama. But the drama I like the Young and Rush stuff that I like. That to me is good drama. Divided is another good example of good character drama to me that I love.

If I want to know who is pregnant, and who is the baby daddy and who is cheating on so and so, I'll watch Days of our Lives. lol.
            Don't get me wrong, it's my least favorite of SGU so far, but the entire franchise? Most of the clipshows, Emancipation, the Lucius episodes *shudder*...And those are just off the top of my head. I love the franchise, each show for different reasons, but it's had some real stinkers along the way and I don't think Life is the worst offender of all. If nothing else, it still had good acting. And Young knocking Telford on his ass.

Comment

Do we know who wrote 'Sabotage' yet? I know on the first page it says Barbara but do we know her last name yet?

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k
                Again with all the dots!

At least Family Ties and Brainstorm were somewhat funny.
                Hey Matt, I got this spoiler piece from SyFy, it is very interesting what happens between Rush and Young

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

huge Destiny-whump!

Seriously, even haters have to admit that SGU is a beautiful-looking show.
                  I'm sure some will find a way But yeah, some of the shots have been stunning.

with SGU being what it is, it's probably not a good idea to shrug it off, because it will tie in to something either in this episode or one coming up. Missing parts of this story is missing a LOT

...Except for the possibility of Rush hooking up with some unlucky gal - can't imagine Ellie and Lahela's crying over losing him to a one-off...
                  *huge evil laugh*

... And Young knocking Telford on his ass.
                  yes, immensely satisfying!

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow and having that episode come on....*looks at the clock*
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

SGU - Remediating SGU: Video - Australian 'Sabotage' Trailer:

At Remediating SGU:

Australian preview of Sabotage

May 7, 2010

Yes, it’s that time of the week when thanks to the Internet, we have the Australian preview of the next episode of SGU.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Fuuuuunnnnnn...

Thanks morjana.

Comment

Looks like Franklin is awake again then. He's the LA spy!
                        Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Here's a video of Robert Carlyle talking about "Sabotage" - note that this is very full of spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
                            Here's a video of Robert Carlyle talking about "Sabotage" - note that this is very full of spoilers.

Wow, that is much deeper than I thought it would be...interesting!
                            sigpic

Comment

Guys/girls this thread is for the episode Sabotage. There's an off topic section for all this talk and the VM/PM feature. I don't mind some conversation off topic and such, but you're hijacking thread after thread with this completely off-topic between you three/four conversation. I'd really like and appreciate it if you could stop that and focus a little on the topic of threads if you post something. Thanks.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

and the official thread is open now
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X