This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by major davis View Post
    Dude did you see the trailer for this. Omg ridiculously good. However I'm kinda mad they have to put in body swapping in the episode. Not up to Sharon camille Perry rush body swapping romance stuff.
    Well it seems the real soapy drama they are keeping it limited like with tonight's ep...

Spoiler:
    The whole "I'm pregnant" thing was short and sweet and did not really contribute or distrupt the episode.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Well it seems the real soapy drama they are keeping it limited like with tonight's ep...

Spoiler:
      The whole "I'm pregnant" thing was short and sweet and did not really contribute or distrupt the episode.
      Well I knew that was coming so I didn't really mind it. It was a great moment, it just belonged somewhere else. I'm just scared about sabotage. It looks like such a good story I just hope the stone drama doesn't ruin the plot.
      sigpic

Comment

How come?
        the body switching storyline.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          the body switching storyline.
          Good ole stones being put back to use huh?
          sigpic

Comment

Good ole stones being put back to use huh?
            that and we don't need to bring up the whole lesbian body switching part of it. if i'm reading the details of the ep correctly. ....

personally i could care less.

Comment

Ya I'm afraid it will ruin the intrigue and suspense and mature drama of the A story.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                Ya I'm afraid it will ruin the intrigue and suspense and mature drama of the A story.
                it has nothing to do with survival or destiny. it's dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  that and we don't need to bring up the whole lesbian body switching part of it. if i'm reading the details of the ep correctly. ....

personally i could care less.
                  For the record, I have no issues with gay people, or lesbians. But I just don't see it adding anything to this kind of show. The whole Young and Rush conflinct was great. Wray was good with that conflict also. But why I hated "Life" so much was because it was truly a soap opera to me, and people will disagree and whatever don't care, but it was too soapy to me. I want to see results, I want to see these flawed character get thrown into a situation like "Space", "Divided", "Human", and "Lost". I don't care who's baby daddy is whos I don't care who is boinking who and who has hurt feelings because of it, and I don't care who is pregnant and when they are going to tell the baby daddy. But.......the show with the excpetion of "Life" has not focused on those things. Take tonight's episode
                  Spoiler:
                  "I'm pregnant" blah blah, ok Young knows lets move on....and the episode did.
                  sigpic

Comment

For the record, I have no issues with gay people, or lesbians. But I just don't see it adding anything to this kind of show. The whole Young and Rush conflinct was great. Wray was good with that conflict also. But why I hated "Life" so much was because it was truly a soap opera to me, and people will disagree and whatever don't care, but it was too soapy to me. I want to see results, I want to see these flawed character get thrown into a situation like "Space", "Divided", "Human", and "Lost". I don't care who's baby daddy is whos I don't care who is boinking who and who has hurt feelings because of it, and I don't care who is pregnant and when they are going to tell the baby daddy. But.......the show with the excpetion of "Life" has not focused on those things. Take tonight's episode
                    Spoiler:
                    "I'm pregnant" blah blah, ok Young knows lets move on....and the episode did.
                    Yay I agree. I mean if young went home in some persons crippled body and saw his wife in this episode while some crippled person went in youngs body and started to do things during a setting in which the ship has been sabotaged and at risk of attack, that irritate me just as much. Young/wife. Camille/sharon Scott/son. I don't care which, just sabotage was not the right episode to include any of this stuff. Like you said it does nothing to support the story.
                    sigpic

Comment

will have to confirm it upon viewing again,
                      Spoiler:
                      but i do believe the place on the destiny that blows up on Space's sneak peek for this episode is around the same spot where they found the attached alien ship in the episode Divided.

Comment

We have no idea to what extent any of this body-swapping/stone usage will do to support or hinder the story.

I mean, I know there's spoilers out there...but I'm relatively certain that I know what people are worried about in this episode. The problem is unless you have a script you have no reason to believe these sorts of things will not be beneficial to the story.

Yes, if done like "Life" I can see why some people don't enjoy such episodes (though I loved it). But then again, who's to say "Sabotage" won't have the kind of balance "Lost" just did as far as action-adventure-drama went?

For me, it's too early to say what sort of emphasis these sorts of things will play. If anything, the trailer for "Sabotage" didn't even hint at anything except for an impending attack.
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Sabotage will be Sabotage. Not sure about its awesomeness, but then again, I haven't watched it.

I'm just impressed though...

Spoiler:
                          There were some spoilers out there that said Chloe and James would be investigating the sabotage done on the ship. Given how Lost ended, I doubt Chloe and her peeps will be back onboard until at least the end of the episode (Or further), so I'm wondering if that was a foiler or way too early spoiler that she'd be back on the ship. Because of that spoiler, I fully believed Lost would end well for her and her team... but nope! Still stranded, and Matt's surprised.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Sabotage will be Sabotage. Not sure about its awesomeness, but then again, I haven't watched it.

I'm just impressed though...

Spoiler:
                            There were some spoilers out there that said Chloe and James would be investigating the sabotage done on the ship. Given how Lost ended, I doubt Chloe and her peeps will be back onboard until at least the end of the episode (Or further), so I'm wondering if that was a foiler or way too early spoiler that she'd be back on the ship. Because of that spoiler, I fully believed Lost would end well for her and her team... but nope! Still stranded, and Matt's surprised.
                            Wow, totaly forgot about that spoiler. I wonder how they will solve that.

@SupremeLegate
                            Apogee Institute
                            Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                              Wow, totaly forgot about that spoiler. I wonder how they will solve that.
                              And I just read another one that said...

Spoiler:
                              Scott's helping out Young with some sort of robot drone.

I guess Lost'll get solved nice and early in the next episode?

AND another that notes Eli being there.

So yeah, its either foiler city of Sabotage just starts off with solving Lost. I'm confused, in a good way.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, the promo for Sabotage is up on Syfy:
                              http://video.syfy.com/shows/universe

Looks... fun. Maybe they've totally reworked the story since the original casting notes came out?
                              Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 30 April 2010, 10:38 PM.
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Or maybe the original casting notes were just blown waaaaaay out of proportion?

But no, fans don't do that. No siree Bob!

Comment

Working...
                                X