Inside Greer's Mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daro View Post
    I agree that, from his perspective, Greer has every reason in the world to dislike Wray (not hate her though; taking him off active duty is not the same as locking him up or taking his gun away.) He has every reason to dislike Rush especially.
    The attempted coup has been debated ad nauseum; my belief is that the civilians were justified, and so was Rush. Beside the point though, so I'd rather not rehash my reasons for thinking this. I will say that I don't think their coup was exactly a peaceful defiance. Obviously there was a war of resources, with both sides threatening the other, and I can't condone that. The people behind the coup, though, took extreme measures to prevent loss of life on the other side, and Young did the same, so in the end it all worked out. But Greer knows that what happened is not yet resolved, and he's paranoid because of it.
    His commanding officer has repeatedly told him that he must try to cooperate. This may be difficult, but for Greer, whose core value is supposedly obeying his commander, it should be at the top of his list.
    My point is that Greer's distrust of Wray and hatred, and it is hatred imho, of Rush is interfering with his moral compass, and his duties. So far, discounting the very odd circumstances of "Pain," this hasn't caused much damage. I see the potential for it to in the future. Greer must accept responsibility that his commander upholds: everyone on the ship is to be protected, even difficult and dislikeable ones. Greer was far too ready to kill Wray and Rush. I understand why, and I understand he was hallucinating so that he thought he had clearance to do so. But actually taking another human life requires a level of aggression and apathy that I find alarming. Especially in the circumstance where Wray was wounded, pleading for her life, and not an immediate threat.

"I'm done with you," is a very telling statement. The way he said it gave me chills; absolutely he would kill out of revenge, without much remorse or doubt, and that's the thing that troubles me. Neither Rush or Wray would so calously do the same. Wray chased after Greer when he was persuing Rush. Why would she do that, except out of deep concern for Greer's obviously tenuous mental state at the time? She didn't do it to save Rush, as she didn't see him or know he was there.

For Rush's part, he's only shown the ability to directly kill someone if they are not human. He's been a factor in every death so far, to some degree or another, but most of the time he recoils from violence.

Greer scares me because he is a killer, pure and simple, and I have little doubt anymore that he would get rid of anyone without any hesitation if he thought it was for Young's good. His ability to dehumanize those he dislikes is the part I cannot accept. Wray has done nothing to him to warrant her execution. We don't know if he heard her pleas for mercy, but I think he did, considering how he lowered his weapon at first and then, when the ghost of his father urged him, raised it again to fire.
    The beauty of this show is that it is done with enough moral ambiguity and without a clear point of view to make both of our particular viewpoints valid. I can’t fault the logic supporting your viewpoint but neither can I fault the one supporting mine. I think it comes down to what group and likely characters each of us feels is more in the right. It is in a large part a choice depending on what group our sympathies tend towards.

You are right the attempted coup has been debated ad nauseum. You think the civilians were justified, I believe, because in their eyes Young had lost his moral justification to lead when he chose in anger to maroon Rush. I believe Rush’s villainy justified a severe punishment and even though it didn’t warrant marooning it wasn’t far from it. I also want to add that despite everything harsh and painful Rush endured as a result of Young’s action; he learned a necessary lesson which in a large part was instrumental to the regaining of his humanity. I was disappointed in Young; and regarded his action as more of an isolated incident and not reflective of his general command ability. I don’t feel the mutiny was justified and deserved as harsh a response from the military contingent as necessary. You probably feel the converse; Young's moral weakness demanded his replacement and the civilians were right to try. Both our judgments are valid depending on where our sympathies lean.

Rush and Wray as ring leaders deserved a far more severe punishments than they received at Young’s hands. And in Pain if they had had the audacity to try it again and had indeed been behind a second mutiny attempt; their action would imo unequivocally represent a clear and present threat to the Destiny. In the combat situation that Destiny is in, Greer’s decision with Young’s authorization to once and for all remove the continued threat they both represented would be understandable. Mutinous actions in combat situations are not regarded with the same civility as in civilian situations. You probably feel that there is never a circumstance that would warrant or justify such summary actions; again different points of view.

The degree of ‘pit bullishness’ and ‘ease of killing’ that we each attribute to Greer is another example. I regard his aggressive actions as warranted and provoked you see them as a lack of honor. Again I think the distinction is reflective of where our sympathies lie. I regard Rush and Wray’s actions as more villainous and requiring the necessity of Greer taking the law into his own hands. You regard Scott as more of a model officer and from a strictly ideal point of view you are right. I look at him as more likely to follow his military conditioning to always follow orders as a weakness in this particular situation because it can be exploited by unscrupulous individuals like Wray and Rush that know how to game the system to their advantage. Greer is more likely to do what he feels is right and damn the consequences. Imo this attitude is reflective of both his loyalties to Young and his far greater field experience. Again the rightness of his actions imo is more reflective of where our sympathies lie rather than any inherent discernable morality. The show's situations and characters are more than ambiguous enough to support both our viewpoints.

My response here applies to your following post as well. Greer’s treatment of Rush in the desert was restrained and deserved imo for the very same reasons I have already indicated. One doesn’t demand another person’s water while hiking in desert conditions. When Greer refused, Rush tried to take it from him which started their fight. If Greer had relinquished his water he probably wouldn’t have had the strength to go back and rescue Scott. Rush behaving like a jackass and trying to steal Greer's water coming on the heels of their recent stranding more than justified how he was treated. I doubt I would have been as restrained as Greer had I been in his position. Giving Eli a gun was justified; he was their only lifeline to returning back through the gate to Destiny. Given their recent unnecessary marooning, as Greer I wouldn’t have taken a chance that Rush would do something self-serving again; leaving the gun was insurance and prudent.

Greer’s reaction to Wray's sham trial was appropriate in my mind. He recognized that Young’s attempt to accommodate her attempt to wrest power for appearance sake was a mistake, yet he still obeyed his orders. Young’s critical mistake was leaving Rush; it was what prompted this whole loss of faith crisis in his leadership. He should have dragged Rush back and thrown him in irons. The sympathies of the civilians should not have been a consideration. He was in command and should have made it clear that the military would come down hard on anyone who tried to undermine his authority. If he had their situation would never have deteriorated to a point where a mutiny would have been considered or attempted. You probably feel sympathies for Rush in the desert and feel the civilians had been put upon and deserved the right to fight back against what they regarded as Young's morally corrupt and poor leadership by leaving Rush. I certainly can understand this point of view.

Viva la difference! If we both agreed then we would have nothing to debate and that wouldn’t be any fun for any of us.
    Last edited by Blackhole; 20 May 2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry, you're wrong.

Greer has been violent beyond acceptable standards in several situations. For example, in the desert in "Air," he kicked the hell out of Rush. All his hatred of the man aside, that is not the action of a responsible military officer; it's the action of a loose cannon. Rush didn't do anything to him at that time to warrant such a reaction, he was just being a jackass. Later, Greer refused to share water, even though Rush had given his to Scott (which, btw, allowed Scott to survive and find the lime; if Rush had not done that, they all would be dead.) The scuffle that broke out was instigated by Rush, I know. When they get back to the gate, though, Rush makes a snarky comment. In response, Greer gives a gun to an untrained computer geek, with the obvious threat that Eli should shoot Rush if Rush got out of hand.

Riley had to block Greer from his advance on Wray after she challenged his right to be running around with a gun; he moved toward her with clear aggression. That is not the action of a disciplined military officer.

Greer also has a nasty habit of pointing a gun in the face of whoever he is pissed off at on any particular day. Rush in "Space," for example. It's not that Greer brought his gun up, it's that he kept it there even after he realized that Rush was no threat. Greer also tried to lead what can only fairly be described as a mutiny himself during "Justice." He intended to lead the military personnel, against his commander's orders and also Scott's, to crack down on the civilians for holding a trial that Young himself authorized. No matter that he intended to give command back to Young when it was done, but Greer's plan there was to, briefly, take control of the ship, was it not?

Greer is aggressive, and often it's justifiable. And it's almost always understandable. But he does not behave like Scott, who is the model for how an officer should act. I agree totally that Greer can easily be compared to a leashed pit bull; in fact, I'm sure I've heard Louis Ferreira refer to him as such in an interview, though I will have to do some searching to find that. Not that I would take out-of-story actor interviews as cannon, but I know that they do influence you some.
      Hmmmm, rather strong words there.

Back in Lost we reviewed how his upbrining made him both strong and volitile. How he looks apoun a father figure with both love and loyalty to the point of violence. However , the other thing I disagree more about the attempted coup being justified is the comparing of Greer as a leashed animal. As per James we have seen that these infections have lead to emotional reactions in the extreme. Your statement that his actions in Pain is the be all and end all of what and Greer is , is debatatble at best.

He was sick, as was James who in an infected state bashed Scotts head in.
      Last edited by Tuvok; 18 May 2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
        Hmmmm, rather strong words there.

Back in Lost we reviewed how his upbrining made him both strong and volitile. How he looks apoun a father figure with both love and loyalty to the point of violence. However , the other thing I disagree more about the attempted coup being justified is the comparing of Greer as a leashed animal. As per James we have seen that these infections have lead to emotional reactions in the extreme. Your statement that his actions in Pain is the be all and end all of what and Greer is , is debatatble at best.

He was sick, as was James who in an infected stated bashed Scotts head in.
        Good points; the degree of their reaction may not have been typical or equivalent to how they would have reacted if what they hallucinated had indeed been real.
        Last edited by Blackhole; 18 May 2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

While I acknowledge that this episode was, obviously, full of hallucinations that drove certain characters to extremes, it's also fairly obvious that there was more than a little truth to be found in the situations. The one I'm fascinated with is Greer. For me, he's the most controversial character, as he seems to make progress in one episode, only to blow it in the next.

It's obvious that Greer has reasons not to trust Rush or Wray. I disagree that it's because of the rebellion; that was the concrete proof, sure, but Greer truly did hate both of them from day one. I don't think he'd intentionally violate orders, not yet at least, to take steps to get rid of them. But he has openly approved of 'getting rid of' Rush before, and in this episode it showed that he was ready to kill two essentially defenseless people, one of whom was begging for her life. I'm not sure Greer in his right mind would do this. But, I'd love to hear some debate about this.

How far would he go? Would he, presented a perfect opportunity to murder both Wray and Rush and get away with it, go ahead and do it? To protect his leader and his crew, surely, but also for personal reasons?
          From time to time as it seem for me it's a good idea to look at the beginning of this discussion. Based on the events of this episode the intention to start this thread was to question Greers actions under the influence of the alien bug. Greers hallucinations were about Wray and Rush, who in his mind were starting to intrigue against Young and his crew, again. Though, how much effected his own personal antipathy against both of them his actions? Was there also a kind of hidden wish to get rid of both of them, regardless of the bug?

I think, it is important to discern between the influence of the bug, and what Greer might do without this influence. And with Greer we've seen both, very aggressive (e.g. the fight with Rush in Air III, or his reaction of the accusions against Young in Justice), and truly rearsonable behaviour (e.g. in Water where he stepped back after T.J asked him to do). But, the overall impression of him is, that he tends to be very aggressive (he beat up Telford at some point, that was the reason he was in the brig in Air I), and don't hesitate to show this. Since Lost we know why he is, what he is. Like everyone he has his very own reasons for his behaviour. But, due to this background he is dangerous, and the only halt he has to controle his aggressions is his military training. In a critical situation, in the moment, somebody reminds him of this training he restrains himself. We've seen this several times. The bug makes it impossible to do so, for that he's not responsible for his actions in "Pain".

The question which remains is, would he go this far, without this influence? That's hard to say, I would say it depents on the situation he's in. Let Rush do again something bad against Young, or one of his people, and guve Greer the opportunity to act against it, Rush'll die for sure. If I would be Rush, I also never would try to argue too hard with Greer, he'll beat him up. But, would he kill him in that case, or would he do the same to Wray? I don't think so. Greer knows what's right, and what's wrong. To beat up a woman, or to kill a human, who's not armed, is not the right thing. So, for me it's: Greer would not go this far, he has a conscience.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
            ...would he kill him in that case, or would he do the same to Wray? I don't think so. Greer knows what's right, and what's wrong. To beat up a woman, or to kill a human, who's not armed, is not the right thing. So, for me it's: Greer would not go this far, he has a conscience.
            I agree, and I don't think Greer would do this either. He had far more cause (whether you agree or not on his behaviour, we're talking about what's in his mind, and in his mind, he had far more cause) to act violently during the coup, or even when they first boarded Destiny and Young was out of commission. Greer hasn't harmed either of them, at least not in the way that Greer thinks is harm. Neither are dead, neither are beaten. Even when he's under the influence of a crazy alien tick and has (to his mind) got Young's blessing to use whatever force he deems fit, he still didn't kill or harm either one. Is Greer violent? Sure. Is he Young's stick to Scott's carrot, his enforcer? Sure. But I don't think he's the monster he's being made out to be.
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Greer has been violent beyond acceptable standards in several situations. For example, in the desert in "Air," he kicked the hell out of Rush. All his hatred of the man aside, that is not the action of a responsible military officer; it's the action of a loose cannon. Rush didn't do anything to him at that time to warrant such a reaction, he was just being a jackass. Later, Greer refused to share water, even though Rush had given his to Scott (which, btw, allowed Scott to survive and find the lime; if Rush had not done that, they all would be dead.) The scuffle that broke out was instigated by Rush, I know. When they get back to the gate, though, Rush makes a snarky comment. In response, Greer gives a gun to an untrained computer geek, with the obvious threat that Eli should shoot Rush if Rush got out of hand.

Riley had to block Greer from his advance on Wray after she challenged his right to be running around with a gun; he moved toward her with clear aggression. That is not the action of a disciplined military officer.

Greer also has a nasty habit of pointing a gun in the face of whoever he is pissed off at on any particular day. Rush in "Space," for example. It's not that Greer brought his gun up, it's that he kept it there even after he realized that Rush was no threat. Greer also tried to lead what can only fairly be described as a mutiny himself during "Justice." He intended to lead the military personnel, against his commander's orders and also Scott's, to crack down on the civilians for holding a trial that Young himself authorized. No matter that he intended to give command back to Young when it was done, but Greer's plan there was to, briefly, take control of the ship, was it not?

Greer is aggressive, and often it's justifiable. And it's almost always understandable. But he does not behave like Scott, who is the model for how an officer should act. I agree totally that Greer can easily be compared to a leashed pit bull; in fact, I'm sure I've heard Louis Ferreira refer to him as such in an interview, though I will have to do some searching to find that. Not that I would take out-of-story actor interviews as cannon, but I know that they do influence you some.
              First, can I just say that I find the pit bull analogy hilarious? Mine, when unrestrained, immediately initiate play or gravitate towards upholstered furniture for naps. I understand the point behind the phrase, but my mental image of 'unleashed pit bull Greer' is going in a completely different direction.

I've made the point before, but that was ages ago in a defunct thread and I think it bears repeating here. Greer does go right to the threat-of-violence as one of his first tools. But the only practical reason behind any such threat is to prevent escalation into actual violence. Sure, he's the guy with his finger on the red button, saying "Stop what you're doing or I'll set off the nukes." But that's a far cry from being a guy who's going to set off the nukes first time someone crosses him. Even his actual show of unprovoked violence - kicking Rush in Air III - was not as bad as it could have been. There was nothing admirable about it, don't get me wrong, but Rush is frail by comparison and Greer could have done some serious damage if that had been his goal. It doesn't seem that it was. I got the feeling it was his equivalent of shoving someone who's mouthing off to your buddy, just dialed up to eleven - that the intent was not to hurt Rush so much as to shut him up. Rush himself said, in the same episode, that if Greer really wanted to shoot him, he would have done it already, which I think is absolutely true. If we accept this read on the character as accurate, then he's actually a lot more self-controlled than he first appears.

I also think that, while he's totally prepared to go as far as he needs to, he'll only go that far when he feels he has reason. His ersatz psych eval with TJ in Life was very telling:

GREER: Look, there's a bad guy out there; put a gun in my hand, I'll go kill him. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Your ass needs saving, I'm gonna save it or I'm gonna die trying.

What I find most interesting here is that he's very blase about the killing but adamant about the saving. A lot of his actions do bear this out - he went with Scott to help save Chloe in Space; he was the first one to volunteer to sit in the chair; in Time, he was unable to accept a version of events in which people died on his watch. Even his less admirable moments could be interpreted that way - shutting Wray up would keep her from questioning Young's decision to release him; kicking Rush kept him from questioning Scott's command; arming Eli gave him the only defense he could get against Rush, whom he has clearly never trusted with anyone's best interests but his own; his actions in Justice would have saved Young from Wray's efforts to oust him, and from Young's own determination to let her. I think that, whatever we think he is, Greer considers himself at least as much a protector as he is a killer.

I live near a military base and interact with all branches of the armed forces on a regular basis, and this is not atypical in the least. This is the mentality. When these folks are in combat, doing what they have to do requires setting aside more philosophical considerations. They don't think about whether or not it's socially acceptable to kick a civilian, or advance menacingly on a woman, or to point guns at unarmed people. While they're on the job, which is literally life-and-death, the job is of paramount importance. Once they come home, when they're no longer in danger and surrounded by the enemy, the more civilized aspects of morality can again be considered. But Greer's still deployed. He's still on duty 24-7, with potential enemies inside the ship, outside the ship, and on every planet they visit, and there's no relief in sight. I think that also must be considered - we've never really seen Greer off-duty. He's always 'on', and that has a huge impact, I think, on his behavior.

Comment

A number of people have commented in this and other threads that Pain’s basic premise is reminiscent of several past Stargate episodes where the lead characters have hallucinated due to some external influence, i.e., drug, head injury, alien power etc. At first glance it seems that they are right and this episode is more “ordinary”. Upon reflection imo I have to disagree with this conclusion. SGU is a far more character driven show than any of its two predecessors. I think the point of this episode was to give a window into the souls of both James and Greer. The episode showed that both in their hallucinations were willing to commit significant violence. In James’ instance she killed Scott for scorning her and Greer was probably just about to shoot Wray. He was raising his gun at her just when he was struck in the back by Rush. Before I raise everyone’s hackles I am not saying they are going to commit violence just that the potential to do so has been shown to exist in each of them. I think that was the point of this episode. Their hallucinations were very powerful experiences; both were shown a glimpse of what they may be capable of.

Their experiences in Pain could take them one of two ways - their fears and resentments could worsen or hopefully instead, with their new heightened awareness of them they will be cathartic and will be purged.

In James' situation hopefully, her violent reaction will be a wake up call and she will recognize that she needs to deal with her feelings before she does something she may later deeply regret. She needs to either make a play for Scott or decide it is time to let go and move on. If the writers wanted they may take her down the dark path and have her try to get rid of Chloe (her rival) or Scott (if he doesn’t want me then no one is going to get him). I don’t think this would go over well with the fans and probably won’t happen; but it is a possibility. A far more benign storyline could show Scott and James getting closer leading to something developing between Chloe and Eli?

In Greer's case, he needs to realize that he is still deeply distrustful of Rush and Wray and he needs to let go of some of it. I think he is an honorable man; whether in full control or not he nearly killed an injured unarmed innocent woman. The experience will be quite a wake up call to him. Personally I think he will be prompted to recognize the need to better control his aggression and I would be very surprised if in some fashion he doesn’t try to make amends to Wray for what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by senatorincitatus View Post
                  ...Sure, he's the guy with his finger on the red button, saying "Stop what you're doing or I'll set off the nukes." But that's a far cry from being a guy who's going to set off the nukes first time someone crosses him.

...GREER: Look, there's a bad guy out there; put a gun in my hand, I'll go kill him. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. Your ass needs saving, I'm gonna save it or I'm gonna die trying.

What I find most interesting here is that he's very blase about the killing but adamant about the saving. A lot of his actions do bear this out - he went with Scott to help save Chloe in Space; he was the first one to volunteer to sit in the chair; in Time, he was unable to accept a version of events in which people died on his watch. Even his less admirable moments could be interpreted that way - shutting Wray up would keep her from questioning Young's decision to release him; kicking Rush kept him from questioning Scott's command; arming Eli gave him the only defense he could get against Rush, whom he has clearly never trusted with anyone's best interests but his own; his actions in Justice would have saved Young from Wray's efforts to oust him, and from Young's own determination to let her. I think that, whatever we think he is, Greer considers himself at least as much a protector as he is a killer.

I live near a military base and interact with all branches of the armed forces on a regular basis, and this is not atypical in the least. This is the mentality. When these folks are in combat, doing what they have to do requires setting aside more philosophical considerations. They don't think about whether or not it's socially acceptable to kick a civilian, or advance menacingly on a woman, or to point guns at unarmed people. While they're on the job, which is literally life-and-death, the job is of paramount importance. Once they come home, when they're no longer in danger and surrounded by the enemy, the more civilized aspects of morality can again be considered. But Greer's still deployed. He's still on duty 24-7, with potential enemies inside the ship, outside the ship, and on every planet they visit, and there's no relief in sight. I think that also must be considered - we've never really seen Greer off-duty. He's always 'on', and that has a huge impact, I think, on his behavior.
                  * yes, he's not that guy. He will threaten, but he hasn't killed anyone yet.

*That second point is great, especially as it's out of his own mouth - that's the way he sees it, and it's a great distinction. These same people that Greer would kick their ass, I bet he'd die trying to save them too. He might give them grief over it and not be too gentle about it, but he'd do it. Of that I have no doubt.

*You're right that Greer is always "on". There are brief glimpses, mostly in the Kinosodes, where he's not on and he seems like a far more gentle person, or at least that he's capable of that. Kidding around with Eli about his disrespecting of female officers and talking with Park (I believe) about what was hurting her. I completely get you on the military mentality.

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                  ... to give a window into the souls of both James and Greer. The episode showed that both in their hallucinations were willing to commit significant violence.

...I would be very surprised if in some fashion he doesn’t try to make amends to Wray for what happened.
                  *Not only James and Greer but Rush as well, perhaps especially. James never clocked a real person, and Greer never shot Wray, but Rush did stab Wray, and did go all pipe happy. Of course it's the hallucinations so it doesn't have the same weight and so maybe it's only Rush and James that have been violent. I would be very surprised if Greer didn't try to make amends. He seemed to want to say something to Wray. I hope she'll let him but I don't know if she will. Wray sort of strikes me as one of those people that will blindly walk into danger, completely oblivious to what she's doing, because she doesn't even register than anyone might get pissed at her. Maybe this experience changes that too? Who knows. I'm excited to find out though
                  sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks Greer was about to shoot Wray (and kill her) when Rush smacked him with the pipe? I really think the only reason that Wray is alive is that crazy!Rush (accidentally) saved her life.
                    sigpic
                    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                      Am I the only one that thinks Greer was about to shoot Wray (and kill her) when Rush smacked him with the pipe? I really think the only reason that Wray is alive is that crazy!Rush (accidentally) saved her life.
                      I was going to go with no.

But then everybody was hopped up on the crazy . From Volger , Rush to James. I would like to say no but everybody infected was capable of anything. Even Greer.

Then again Chloe just got a nice buzz out of it.

Comment

I think we were left to wonder for a reason. Do I think he would have shot her? No, I don't think so, or he would have done it. Greer is a guy that in his own words doesn't sweat what he has to do if he has to do it. And yet, it takes an alien space tick, hallucinations, what he thought was the go ahead from Young, a belief that these two civilians were going to harm everyone again and a visit from dear old dad and he still didn't do it. But I do think they're both going to be thinking hard about it, not only about would he have shot her, but more importantly, why he didn't.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                          well put
                          Young has his right-hand in Scott but he's definitely got his enforcer in Greer
                          we might see it
                          Spoiler:
                          in ep. 18-19
                          Last edited by latvian_stargatefan; 18 May 2010, 11:28 AM.
                          - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

I like Greer but in all fairness I have to agree with you. He was raising his gun towards Wray when Rush struck him in the back with the pipe. It appeared to me that he had decided to shoot her when Rush interceded. But SGU likes its ambiguity and we really don't know if he would have actually pulled the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                              *Not only James and Greer but Rush as well, perhaps especially. James never clocked a real person, and Greer never shot Wray, but Rush did stab Wray, and did go all pipe happy. Of course it's the hallucinations so it doesn't have the same weight and so maybe it's only Rush and James that have been violent. I would be very surprised if Greer didn't try to make amends. He seemed to want to say something to Wray. I hope she'll let him but I don't know if she will. Wray sort of strikes me as one of those people that will blindly walk into danger, completely oblivious to what she's doing, because she doesn't even register than anyone might get pissed at her. Maybe this experience changes that too? Who knows. I'm excited to find out though
                              Actually, James head butted the civilian during Divided. Rush did stab Wray and hit both Greer and Scott but he was hallucinating and believed they were the Blue Skinned Aliens. Anybody would have done the same thing. I don't think his hallucination was particularly telling at all. James was shown striking Scott and killing him when he scorned her and Greer gave himself permission to take punitive action towards Wray and Rush. Why did their sub consciousness minds create those specific scenarios? Scott is military and he had a non-violent hallucination. The fact that both James and Greer had violent ones is very telling imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                                Actually, James head butted the civilian during Divided. Rush did stab Wray and hit both Greer and Scott but he was hallucinating and believed they were the Blue Skinned Aliens. Anybody would have done the same thing. I don't think his hallucination was particularly telling at all. James was shown striking Scott and killing him when he scorned her and Greer gave himself permission to take punitive action towards Wray and Rush. Why did their sub consciousness minds create those specific scenarios? Scott is military and he had a non-violent hallucination. The fact that both James and Greer had violent ones is very telling imo.
                                I was only going on the violence in "Pain" In Pain, James never clocks a real person (although if Scott had actually been there, she would have killed him). I'm not holding it against Rush for defending himself; just bringing up that he's the only person in the episode that actually hurt anyone. The why of the hallucinations is pretty neat and I would have loved to have seen another bunch of people have hallucinations.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X