Hallucination theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladypredator View Post
    And I'd bet that Young would have had some pretty interesting hallucinations -- I wonder what his would've been. His wife and TJ? The sense of failure and remorse re Rush? More paranoia like Greer's? Knowing that he's cracking up (as Louis Ferreira said that Young is aware of)? Something else?
    You know, I think his fears are deeper than that. Watching everyone die while he watches, the cries for help from the people under his command.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanShadow View Post
      You know, I think his fears are deeper than that. Watching everyone die while he watches, the cries for help from the people under his command.
      I thought that was a Sheppard thing. I've never got that impression from Young.

Comment

When TJ reinspected Scott's head and found the tick gone, I thought that she could be hallucinating about the ticks, as in there were no ticks, hence a different type of contaminant like water or airborne. TJ was the only one to inspect everyone at first, they just took her word for it that it was a tick. The show keeps you guessing.
        (I'm also waiting for an idiot to point out the obvious that the ticks were real and were squished).

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          or telford marrying his wife
          Young seeing Telford be a better husband , lover to his wife. His wife crying out Telford name during sex.

Eli would see his mother, decaying away. Wondering where he is and why he didn't try harder.

TJ would see the crew dead and dying, begging for her help. Wondering why she isn't good enough, smart enough.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
            I thought that was a Sheppard thing. I've never got that impression from Young.
            Really it is the thing for any commander especially if they have reason to doubt thier position or themselves at all. Even O'Neil might have similar issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
              Young seeing Telford be a better husband , lover to his wife. His wife crying out Telford name during sex.

Eli would see his mother, decaying away. Wondering where he is and why he didn't try harder.

TJ would see the crew dead and dying, begging for her help. Wondering why she isn't good enough, smart enough.
              I think you hit it on the head, well stated.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanShadow View Post
                Also, we have no idea about the long term impacts of the ticks. They had, obviously, been on them for a while. How bad could things have gotten? In Greer it was obvious that not only was he interacting with a hallucination that was 'added' to his view of reality but the active alteration of what was going on around him. Hearing the 'ok' to use deadly force instead of the stand down. How deep into hallucinations would things have gone?

The whole episode could have gone to a far deeper and darker place.
                There was also a comment towards the end of the episode where it is suggested that if you had more than one tick on you that it could intensify the nature of the hallucinations. This would explain Greer, Volker and Rush having much more intense experiences than say Chloe and Scott.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                  There was also a comment towards the end of the episode where it is suggested that if you had more than one tick on you that it could intensify the nature of the hallucinations. This would explain Greer, Volker and Rush having much more intense experiences than say Chloe and Scott.
                  Exactly, I think it would have been fun to explore that. Going into areas of the ship that were unsafe, etc...

Comment

Someone else on this board suggested the idea that Young could've hallucinated about the people who died under his command coming back, like Spencer and Gorman.

It's interesting because he specifically named them in a previous episode as people he'd let down.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Someone else on this board suggested the idea that Young could've hallucinated about the people who died under his command coming back, like Spencer and Gorman.

It's interesting because he specifically named them in a previous episode as people he'd let down.
                      Wasn't itTJ who said it to Young?

Comment

(QR)
                        Eli would probably see his mother onboard the Destiny, and die of AIDS. I say, Onboard as the more dramatic situation, b/c he left home for the sole purpose to fund her needs. If she wound up on the Destiny, she could get that care, I think that would be Eli's nightmare. the second thing would be Chloe becoming his enemy.

Young, would see Talford take his wife, after his wife found out that TJ has his kid, after that, he would see the rest of the crew slowly die. afterall, his wife was the only person holding him together, or rather, being able to see her again is holding him together, if he looses her, and TJ, his next bigest fear is fending for himself.

Chloe, If the tick wasn't removed, I would assume that after some time, she would relive her father dieing. Chloe is strong, I think strong enough to 'fight' what the tick was trying to do, but eventually, she wouldn't have been able to fight much longer.
                        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          Wasn't itTJ who said it to Young?
                          Well, they were having a conversation:

JOHANSEN: You lost someone under your command.

YOUNG: Most recently three people - Gorman, Spencer and Rush. It happens.

JOHANSEN: Well, I know how much it affects you.

YOUNG: Different ways I let them down.

JOHANSEN: So, if you ever wanna talk about it, I'm here.

YOUNG: I know.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            JOHANSEN: You lost someone under your command.

YOUNG: Most recently three people - Gorman, Spencer and Rush. It happens.
                            I hate to be the bad fan who doesn't remember the redshirts' names, but which one was Gorman? Dude eaten alive by the sand bugs?
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                              I hate to be the bad fan who doesn't remember the redshirts' names, but which one was Gorman? Dude eaten alive by the sand bugs?
                              He was the smart guy who thought it was a good idea to shoot at the aliens from Scott's sand planet
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                                Indeed, I doubt he would have left Earth to start with, starships or not, if that were the case. Which would have resulted in Rush, Young, Chloe and all the rest being blown up on Icarus. We can't have that.
                                "Icarus is closed because of AIDS"

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                Chloe's hallucination made her not want to end it. essentially she preferred a dream world. that was the side-effect.
                                And then Chloe has to decide whether to take the red pill or the blue pill.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X