Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know where I can watch the episode online!? I missed it last week and both the official website and Hulu haven't put it online!

Comment

I hadn't thought of that, thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Folks

Episodes on youtube ARE illegal. The only reason they're still up there is that MGM or Skiffy haven't found them yet to take them down.

YouTube episodes are forbidden to discuss or share the links of here please.

The only sites that are legal are Hulu, Unbox, ITunes, etc.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

There is one thing about SGU that I think is superior to SG1 and SGA is definitly the acting. It obviously has to do with the writing and story types. I wonder if the crew at SG1 or SGA had similar scripts and stories would they have been as good. Having said all that another very enjoyable episode, and great character work. I have not found one episode yet that I would consider boring.

The actors are definitly top notch IMO.

Comment

I thought the show was pretty good over all. The only thing that didn't work for me was Greer, I couldn't feel any tension since I kind of figured out that he had a tick.

Comment

I just watched this today.

All I can say is oh dear heaven.....ALIEN TICKS!!!!!

This was my personal jump the shark moment, I think, after months of looking for, and indeed glimpsing, moments of real promise this was the point that SGU went from promising to utterly ridiculous. The whole thing was just awful, from the opening scene, which was pointless through a bunch of pedantic and frankly stupid hallucinations.....Chloe turned back into the simpering little princess, Greer...well the less said about Greer the better.....

And as I said before, alien ticks is a leap too far for me

I wish SGU well, and hope that those that enjoy the show continue to do so, but I'm done, I'm leaving while I still have some fond memories of the stargate franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                I just watched this today.

All I can say is oh dear heaven.....ALIEN TICKS!!!!!

This was my personal jump the shark moment, I think, after months of looking for, and indeed glimpsing, moments of real promise this was the point that SGU went from promising to utterly ridiculous. The whole thing was just awful, from the opening scene, which was pointless through a bunch of pedantic and frankly stupid hallucinations.....Chloe turned back into the simpering little princess, Greer...well the less said about Greer the better.....

And as I said before, alien ticks is a leap too far for me

I wish SGU well, and hope that those that enjoy the show continue to do so, but I'm done, I'm leaving while I still have some fond memories of the stargate franchise.
                One hallucination and bug story too many in the franchise for you?

Comment

I thought it was Greer who didn't like small spaces? Oh well.

Not a bad ep, some nice character moments. But it was from this episode that I snapped and realised that the reason I can't quite get into this show is because it's not as fun as SG-1. These are adult stories for adult minds, but what about the kid in all of us? They're not really doing anything to entertain that precious part.

This would have been more complex and meaningful if they had discovered that the only way to remove the ticks was to overcome their fears so that they weren't afraid anymore. And then the ticks fell off and died. Which brings me to another point. For what purpose would a parasitic organism secrete a neurotoxin that brings about intense paranoia and anxiety? Here on Earth, we know that ticks release a toxin which has been known to incite paralysis, which makes sense in that a paralysed host is an immobile feast for the tick. But a hallucinating host is no more likely to aid the tick in feeding, so what then is the functional significance?

I wonder if they have science advisors on shows like Stargate, or do they just skimp it and use Google?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    One hallucination and bug story too many in the franchise for you?
                    One rank rotten hallucination and bug story too many in the franchise too many for me yes

Comment

Total filler episode, and not even that good.

This is evidenced by the complete lack of threads and discussion on the episode.

I've never understood the need to shoe horn in crappy fillers, just write a better story!
                      I got nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
                        Total filler episode, and not even that good.

This is evidenced by the complete lack of threads and discussion on the episode.

I've never understood the need to shoe horn in crappy fillers, just write a better story!
                        Better for who? One man's treasure is another man's trash
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Better for who? One man's treasure is another man's trash
                          Indeed! Any episode with lots of TJ is all good for me!

And this one fit that bill as nicely as I could have expected for it not being centred around her.
                          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

1. I didn't originally think James had killed Scott but I did wonder what was going on for a bit.

2. To be fair, Chloe's vision was relatively harmless...but she would have had to let go eventually.

3. Surprised the trailered scene of aliens coming through the Gate was a hallucination.

Meh, this was relative filler.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                              2. To be fair, Chloe's vision was relatively harmless...but she would have had to let go eventually.
                              It was interesting that although both Rush and Chloe were affected by the alien encounter, only Rush hallucinated them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                It was interesting that although both Rush and Chloe were affected by the alien encounter, only Rush hallucinated them.
                                I don't think Chloe has the same kinds of fears though. In a lot of ways, she's pretty brave
                                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X