This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    I knew some smartass would say something like that.
    And I am that smartass. Happy day.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      And I am that smartass. Happy day.
      Don't forget there's 2 parts in smartass. You're smart and an ass.
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Pain was a re-hash of the character drama from the first half. Chloe's father, Scott's child, Rush abduction (at least it wasn't Rush's wife..thank god). So its far from being a stand alone. A first time viewers would find that story pretty boring and it wouldn't be clear what is really happening. This episode simply doesn't stand on its own. In fact, Space and Time stand better on their own (while still being part of a greater scheme)
        Agreed. I just got my dad watching the series in the past few episodes or so because he recently got Satelite and is taping them for me because I don't get the channel. (Yes one new convert! ). And while he said that he liked the episode somewhat, he found it hard to follow as he had no idea of why the people were hallucinating the way they were. Like Rush submerged in water being chased by the blue aliens, Volkar's fear of confined spaces. And most importantly Greer chasing and hunting down Rush and Wray. He had a hard time following the episode. So I don't think I could call it completely stand alone. Yes it was for those following since day one, but not newcomers to the second half of the season.
        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
          Agreed. I just got my dad watching the series in the past few episodes or so because he recently got Satelite and is taping them for me because I don't get the channel. (Yes one new convert! ). And while he said that he liked the episode somewhat, he found it hard to follow as he had no idea of why the people were hallucinating the way they were. Like Rush submerged in water being chased by the blue aliens, Volkar's fear of confined spaces. And most importantly Greer chasing and hunting down Rush and Wray. He had a hard time following the episode. So I don't think I could call it completely stand alone. Yes it was for those following since day one, but not newcomers to the second half of the season.
          In fact, its one of the least stand alone episode of the year.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

In fact, its one of the least stand alone episode of the year.
            I would have to agree. There was waayy too much information in the hallucinations that would have needed explaining to the viewer that hasn't been following from Day one. Take Greer's hallucination, to anyone who hasn't been following the series all along, would be desparately trying to figure out why he was on a manhunt for both Rush and Wray.
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Warning: Random ranting
              Spoiler:
              Honestly, I lost interest when I figured Scott's death was just an allucination...
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I believe when the term standalone is used in this instance it is more because the episode doesn't advance the plot any from the previous episode. True, if you hadn't watched the preceding eps, much of what happened wouldn't have meant much. But in terms of being a must watch episode in order to understand what is going on with the show, it was pretty much just filler.

Not to say that I didn't enjoy it, as it had some pretty good individual performances. But, if you had to miss one in the second half of season 1, Pain would get my vote.

Comment

Don't forget there's 2 parts in smartass. You're smart and an ass.
                  I hope this didn't sound too harsh. I love the guy (in a manly, let's play the longuest fart game together kind of way). Way to screw an happy day Zelix!! *me shaking my head*

Comment

I hope this didn't sound too harsh. I love the guy (in a manly, let's play the longuest fart game together kind of way). Way to screw an happy day Zelix!! *me shaking my head*
                    ...speaking of "Pain"...heehee
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Harsh, nah. It was the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me - Matt Silver: Considered Smart. The ass thing is just part of the standard model.

Now enough with these unmanly niceties. Insult SGU somehow so I can shoot you down like a good little smartass.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The only thing I can add right now is: "32 seconds".

Comment

I totally almost enjoyed this episode. The main problems I had were:
                          1: It was bohohohohooooring. I could care less about Chloey missing her Daddy, Scott missing his kid, and James having a wet dream that ends in murder.
                          2: There was no real sense of danger until the last few minutes. Apparently all the ticks were are just an intense form of LSD. And I still dont know how they explained their magic "anti-tick" cream that TJ pulled out of her ass.

That being said, I liked the other parts. Volker being stuck in different random ass tight spaces was enjoyable, if not a bit overdone. The guy diggin at his arms to get the snakes out was cool, too. And I liked the back and forth between Greer and Rush and Wray. The last few minutes with Greer on his "manhunt" and Rush freaking out about the aliens had me anticipating something. The problem was, even that was boring. All that happened was Wray got stabbed by a screwdriver, and the three of them stood talking for a few minutes. Then it got a bit more exciting when Rush went on his thwacking spree with the pipe and that door blew up, but it was too little too late.

One thing I would like to add is that the last scene got me really excited, because I couldnt help but imagine what was on the other side of that gate, but then I got pissed because apparently exploring some cool other world wouldnt be as interesting as everyone running around the ship tripping on tick juice

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                            I totally almost enjoyed this episode. The main problems I had were:
                            1: It was bohohohohooooring. I could care less about Chloey missing her Daddy, Scott missing his kid, and James having a wet dream that ends in murder.
                            2: There was no real sense of danger until the last few minutes. Apparently all the ticks were are just an intense form of LSD. And I still dont know how they explained their magic "anti-tick" cream that TJ pulled out of her ass.

That being said, I liked the other parts. Volker being stuck in different random ass tight spaces was enjoyable, if not a bit overdone. The guy diggin at his arms to get the snakes out was cool, too. And I liked the back and forth between Greer and Rush and Wray. The last few minutes with Greer on his "manhunt" and Rush freaking out about the aliens had me anticipating something. The problem was, even that was boring. All that happened was Wray got stabbed by a screwdriver, and the three of them stood talking for a few minutes. Then it got a bit more exciting when Rush went on his thwacking spree with the pipe and that door blew up, but it was too little too late.

One thing I would like to add is that the last scene got me really excited, because I couldnt help but imagine what was on the other side of that gate, but then I got pissed because apparently exploring some cool other world wouldnt be as interesting as everyone running around the ship tripping on tick juice
                            wow, it doesn't sound like it was THAT boring
                            As for removing the ticks, it wasn't anti tick cream. It may have been pulled out of an burrowing alien's ass (from Time), but I don't think they're quite at that level yet where they have to get THAT creative for cures, for which TJ's appreciative, I'm sure The serum from the alien burrowers didn't kill the ticks, just anesthetized [sp] them so that they could be removed.

All that happened.... I'm wondering how Wray thinks of it, LOL!
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                              Perhaps you accidentally changed channels for a few minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by MrVivi View Post
                                ...I mean WoW ...

And this episode is a total re-hash of SGA episode with evil sheppard and at least they had and evil sheppard and McKays fear of clowns and wails that was at least marginally funny.
                                I don't think 'total' means what you think it means.
                                sure, McKay's fear of 'clowns and wails' was kinda funny but it suited Atlantis. The episode wasn't meant to be funny, so there were no 'silly fears'.
                                Also, the drama of people dreaming about Evil Shepperd who was being passed around from person to person and getting worse was completely different to several people hallucinating things that were in most cases relevant to what we know of their characters. Also people hallucinating while away and people having nightmares (with a little bit of sleepwalking for poor Dr Heightmeyer) are totally different.
                                So, no, not a rehash at all. It was a lot closer to Phantoms, the episode with the Wraith device that caused people to hallucinate stuff and nearly shoot each other and thing dead people were still alive. If you wanted to call Pain a rehash of anything that's the episode you should pick.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X