Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think that from the beginning they would've a very thorough medical exam like in SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
      You would think that from the beginning they would've a very thorough medical exam like in SG-1
      Maybe they had a medical exam but TJ is not a doctor and their medical equipment resources appear somewhat limited. Would people ordinarily look for ticks?

Comment

This whole episode was a bunch of "Meh" to me.

The only things I really enjoyed were Carlyle once he went nuts(his skulking around and peering around corners had me laughing out loud) and the editing during the hallucinations. Oh, and crazy!Greer was also fun, especially the "Stand down!/Permission to use deadly force?" exchange. But otherwise, it was blah. I just wasn't feeling it.

Comment

I'll add my "me too". In fact, it will go down as one of Stargate's finest moments for me. So much dread, so much grim determination, so much going on because it's just what they have to do - it encapsulates what Stargate is. And it was played so utterly brilliantly by RC and LF. Awesome.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            This whole episode was a bunch of "Meh" to me.

The only things I really enjoyed were Carlyle once he went nuts(his skulking around and peering around corners had me laughing out loud) and the editing during the hallucinations. Oh, and crazy!Greer was also fun, especially the "Stand down!/Permission to use deadly force?" exchange. But otherwise, it was blah. I just wasn't feeling it.
            And how are you feeling otherwise? Haven't seen you around for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
              Hmmmm ...

My view is that he was on the alien ship for better part of a week probably and had his mind invaded as well as his body (the tracking device). It's highly doubtful that the aliens would have used anaesthesia while putting it in. Why would they and even if they did, would it have worked on a human? My thoughts are that in Divided when he wakes up during the 'surgery', he's not asking TJ, etc, what they're doing, he's asking the aliens. When Young broke him out of the tank, he was clearly terrified. I think it's physical and mental terror.
              I agree. There's absolutely no reason to think that the aliens would have used anesthesia. They were working fast, with little or no concern for the subject's mental trauma. If I came across some alien and for whatever reason had to cut into him/her/it, I wouldn't dare risk using any drug I'd try on a human, because the physiology is completely different here. And there's no reason to believe the smurfs have encountered any human beings before, so no time to test it out.
              That said, while I think he was tortured physically by that event, I think most of what he underwent is psychological, as I tend to assume that the mind-reading devices are as invasive and traumatic as possible, something akin to being raped and probably worse.
              I also thought in "Divided" that he was having a flashback to the aliens. I wonder if they are going to keep showing this problem, if the blue aliens are going to just go away because the Destiny left their galaxy? I certainly hope not. Fun as it is to watch Rush smack the hell out of Greer (revenge, at last, for all the times Greer has roughed Rush up without reason,) I'd rather see Rush destroy a few aliens while he's perfectly lucid. He just doesn't get enough opportunities to be violent.

Oh, and *Subversion Spoilers!*
              Spoiler:
              Since the spoilers released on the upcomming three-part season finale say Rush will be tortured for a prolonged period of time by the Lucian Alliance, I wonder what that will do to him overall? In the second season, how will being traumatized in similar fashion twice affect Rush?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                And how are you feeling otherwise? Haven't seen you around for a bit.
                Oh, I'm fine. I was just tied up to a chair in the mods' basement for a while.

Comment

Yeah, it was okay.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                    Oh, I'm fine. I was just tied up to a chair in the mods' basement for a while.
                    Been there, done that.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      I was sooo wrong when I said "Sabotage" was the worst episode. This was bad, really bad. SGU is getting back to the SG's roots and I was afraid of that. I hate old SG style so much, so if this is going to continue, I will stop watching SGU.
                      Hasn't it been said that last three episodes is very much classic SG?

There was nothing I liked in this episode. I was almost sleeping, used FF button few times
                      Not aimed at you, but I don't get people, who say there was nothing they liked etc and used FF button. Who knows what you missed when you didn't watch all the ep properly?
                      sigpic

Comment

In terms of suspense and thriller, it was a decent episode.Although, a tick? But overall an improvement from last week's episode, (Sabotage-which felt like watching another life episode).
                        7.0/10 for me.

The sex scene at the beginning along with the 2 sequence of horrible trash music wanted me to change to another channel as they added NOTHING to the storyline hardly anything.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                          In terms of suspense and thriller, it was a decent episode.Although, a tick? But overall an improvement from last week's episode, (Sabotage-which felt like watching another life episode).
                          7.0/10 for me.
                          Could have been worse, an exploding tumour, for instance.

Comment

I understand why people like it, but really, what choice do they have? They will run out of supplies if they do not get more from the worlds they connect to via the Stargate. If they stop traveling through the Stargate they die. It's as simple as that.
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I liked the contemplative atmosphere at the end. This is something I thought about since the first episodes, they should do any kind of decontamination after returning form a foreign planet. Even without the adequate equipment to do that properly, they can look at least for insect-like aliens to be visible with the naked eye.
                              sigpic

Comment

My first thought was "wasn't this an SGA episode?"

How unnerving though. And rather embarrassing. Other people knowing your worst/most powerful fear or emotion and actually seeing you acting upon it. Now people may question all actions of others, and characters may question their own actions too.

Even though the ticks are gone, can anybody really trust they are acting as their own true selves. Maybe the people who weren't affected will dodge the suspicions.

I can see the military personnel continuing with off-world missions, but will the civilians chicken out?

Comment

Working...
                                X