Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this scene was awesome. It kind of summed up SGU for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Oh and the music has been really awful. They should get like Lifehouse, or maybe even a Bon Jovi song or something......well that would be the entire budget for the ep. lol.
      Indeed! Lifehouse, John Cale, Beth Nielson Chapman, Snow Patrol. Just to name a few I wouldn't mind.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
        I was hoping this would be a more TJ-centric role and, while we saw her a lot, we didn't get to see much of her, if that makes sense. There was a lovely little moment between her and Young, when both of them were talking about the same thing - concern for her condition - while not coming right out and saying it. It was sweet and not over the top. They're both being professional but the care is still there. I also liked that he didn't leave her there alone until he had to.
        That made complete sense to me! I loved that we got to see a lot of her as she was treating everyone who was in the infirmary. I too loved the little interactions between her and Young. He was making sure that she was ok through everything. Even suggested to her to go to her quarters for a bit. To which she indicated that she'd be fine. That she wanted to stay there and help the others. I also noticed that over the radio, he called her just TJ and not by her military rank.
        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

I think that this episode proves just how out of touch some of these people who give out awards are, this episode has been hailed by many here as the worst of the series and yet we find awards being nominated for it. Jennifer Spence had what, two maybe three scenes and she gets a nomination for supporting actress, WTF?! Damn this is exactly like Slumdog Millionaire getting the Best Picture Oscar.

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode. Not SGU's best, but not bad by any standards.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really liked the ending. It made me smile. SGU is definitely coming along very nicely.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                I thought on the last ep (Sabotage), they were about to go between galaxies and there was going to be a big empty space, with talk of rationing supplies until they arrive. At the end of this ep, they get out of FTL and find a planet. Did the time skip or what? It seems like the previous episode didn't happen.....
                I was thinking exactly the same thing. Where did the time go? Where did that long gab between galaxies go?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

There was one intriguing notion introduced in this episode that I wish they developed more, which was how they may need to limit gate travel if bad stuff like this keeps happening, introduced in the last scene. At the time, it felt like it came out of nowhere - they've had problems offworld before but never had this thought. However, it was still a very very interesting thought. IMHO they should've had one of Scott, Chloe, or Eli mention how dangerous being offworld is after their recent experience, maybe at the beginning of the episode, just to bookend it and make it more of a theme of the episode. I mean, it's something that's never really explored (though there was a brief mention at the end of SG1's "Bad Guys") in the past SG series since they were about exploration, but really, other planets are dangerous - is it really wise to go to every one that Destiny shows them?
                  This was actually the thing that really stood out for me in the episode, (and Rush going nuts!) even though it was almost a quick throw away observation at the end of the episode! I guess that’s what made it all the more interesting an idea. Looks like the notion of exploration that drove SG-1 is being turned on its head in SGU, and exploration is turning into a ‘not such a wise thing always’ idea. I like the introduction of this element of fear into SGU, really not what I would have expected to see in Stargate, so it makes it more of a surprise and I hope it is developed more. Will the fear take hold more as they lose more people and escape disasters by the skin of their teeth, or will they continue the ‘stiff upper lip’ attitude displayed by Young after his moments hesitation on thinking about this before ordering the formation of the next away team, and then continue assembling the away teams at every stop.

I too wished that the blue lanterns were the cause of the hallucinations, put there by some other aliens to ‘observe’ the behaviour of the Destiny’s occupants. It would have been an opening for yet another curious alien force, but no, *sigh* we got ‘bugs’ again. When they tried to remove the tick from Scott I felt I was watching SGA’s ‘Thirty Eight Minutes’ again!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    Agreed, but they could have added something that allowed us to realize a few weeks or months had passed (TJ...)
                    Ditto. Seeing how far along she was in her pregnancy made it look like very little time had passed.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    Oddly enough, I rather enjoyed this episode. Definitely wasn't perfect, but I sorta like eps where characters go insane as it gives you insight into what makes them tick....
                    Pun intended?!?

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                    I have a feeling that perhaps we just don't know enough about Eli to be able to guess what his greatest fear is yet. Actually, while I'm sure his mom is near the top of the list, I'm thinking it's dying. Like in "Time," the whole conversation with Rush. Maybe not enough bad stuff has actually happened to Eli yet for us to get a powerful hallucination out of him?
                    I think that his greatest fear is failure. Based on what I have seen of his character. He appears to be one that has to be led to do anything. Is quite content with what ever is going on in his life. Even if it isn't anything productive (ie @ home playing video games)
                    Last edited by SG7; 15 May 2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                      Young and TJ had a touching moment or two where he wants to protect her (and the baby) from any form of harm, and she has to assure him that they will be okay.

Mostly, the episode felt like filler. Maybe it could have been improved by only having Rush infected and actually trying to sabotage or take over Destiny. Greer would be the only one who realizes this (at least at the start), and due to his actions everyone thinks he is the crazy one..... nah, that's not any better.

regards,
                      G.
                      Agreed with the TJ/Young scenes. There he was wantng to protect her and make sure she's ok. And her reassuring him that her and the baby will be fine. Absolutely loved those scenes!

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                      How about you people stop reading every possible spoiler beforehand, and see the episodes unbiased . It might improve your viewer experience.

Peace .
                      I have a "no spoiler" policy for myself. I don't get to see the new episodes until Saturday nites, so I don't even come into the new episode section until I've seen the episode.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      This episode was well, fine to me. I was just a little disappointed because I felt sort of it did not feel like this was the best time for a filler episode.
                      Better than doing a "flashback of scenes from episodes past" episode which I am surprised we haven't seen yet in SGU.

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      and dancing!
                      come on, you can't have a decent musical episode without dancing
                      In Brody's Bar with that hooker pole that Chloe will be working.....???

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                      How was the trailer fake? Sounds like you faked yourself out. The trailers don't and shouldn't reveal the twists and turns of the plot. And I’m thankful the aliens didn’t invade the ship. We don’t need the blue aliens to be overused at this point. Leave them for other storylines down the road. It sounds as if you judged the episode negatively because not of hw the ep was written but because the episode turned out not to be what you hoped it would be about. How about judging the episode strictly on its own terms?
                      I used to watch "ER" and it was the same way. TPTB would always "edit" a trailer to imply one thing and have it be something else. They would cut to a particular character saying one line and then cut to something else and you would be given a bias take on the previews. I never saw the trailer but am assuming that one moment of the trailer probably showed the part where Rush hallucinates seeing the blue aliens coming through the gate. Thus giving us the impression that the ship would be under attack.
                      Last edited by SG7; 15 May 2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyScars View Post
                        I think that this episode proves just how out of touch some of these people who give out awards are, this episode has been hailed by many here as the worst of the series and yet we find awards being nominated for it. Jennifer Spence had what, two maybe three scenes and she gets a nomination for supporting actress, WTF?! Damn this is exactly like Slumdog Millionaire getting the Best Picture Oscar.
                        Ok first, there's a reason there are different catagories for awards - even if the overall reception to the whole episode may be bad, it could still have aspects of it that were great.

Secondly, Jennifer Spence was nominated for her role in "Life", not "Pain".

And she was damn fine in "Life".

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Secondly, Jennifer Spence was nominated for her role in "Life", not "Pain".

And she was damn fine in "Life".
                          Julia Benson was nominated for her role in Pain. Coincidentally, Lt. James smurfs imaginary Scott in the episode.

How about these Leo Awards, huh? RAWR!

:O
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                            Julia Benson was nominated for her role in Pain. Coincidentally, Lt. James smurfs imaginary Scott in the episode.

How about these Leo Awards, huh? RAWR!

:O
                            She was really good in the other scenes as well. But I think Rush and Greer's hallucination was the strongest since they intertwined with poor Camille in the middle, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought all the actors involved did a great job, as always. The plot was skimpy and far too simple to support the structure they built on it, so the episode is, overall, not too great. But I can understand why the actors got nominated for awards. Some of the best moments to show great acting skills don't happen when the plot is best, or at its most intense moment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                Was the episode also implying that Scotsman are violent madman ... <snip>?
                                Hmmmm ...

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                                Rush seems to be super-terrified of those horrid blue aliens. The fear that was in his eyes when he hid in his room, not to also mention nearly getting drowned in the water tank (he screamed!), and at the scene near the end reinforces the intensity of that extreme degree.

He's usually fairly calm and logical in other crisis moments.. but the blue alien creatures really seem to terrify him. Is he afraid of the aliens, or what they can steal from his mind -- which may include stealing or destroying the Destiny ship?
                                My view is that he was on the alien ship for better part of a week probably and had his mind invaded as well as his body (the tracking device). It's highly doubtful that the aliens would have used anaesthesia while putting it in. Why would they and even if they did, would it have worked on a human? My thoughts are that in Divided when he wakes up during the 'surgery', he's not asking TJ, etc, what they're doing, he's asking the aliens. When Young broke him out of the tank, he was clearly terrified. I think it's physical and mental terror.
                                Last edited by EllieVee; 15 May 2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X