This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right, i shouldn't have.

I didn't even get before reading this topic that they were in a new galaxy from the start of the episode and that the ticks were in fact NOT from the "Lost" planet. If you ask me, the galaxy transition was terrible, they could at least have referenced it.

Comment

Chloe mentioned that they were in a new galaxy in a very quick bit of dialogue.

Comment

Man, what a horrible filler episode! Ticks? Seriously? Lt. James snuffing that moron was the only thing that didn't suck. So Destiny has already crossed the void. That fast, huh?

The writers should have used the Faith episode to make the transition from one galaxy to the next. Faith would have been even more puzzling if Destiny had bumped into the artificial solar system in the void. They could have made it a two-parter, which would have allowed some planetary exploration, etc.

3/10
        sigpic

Comment

I was sort of annoyed with this episode until the last scene. It showed that they are willing to keep pushing on no matter what. I mean, yeah they could just stay safe on the ship but they have the cajones to keep exploring planets in search of a means to get home.

Thats what I took from that last scene. Any thoughts or other opinions?

Comment

I really liked the last scene and I completely agree with you. It was a difficult and very important decision on Young's part, and I respect him for how he came down on it. What I didn't like was the choice of music at the end - I really feel like it made the decision feel too blasé.

Comment

I agree with you. I liked that last scene. There was no excitement at the thought of another world and they had built up a sense of dread about the whole deal but the resolve to continue on in spite of that fear was a really great moment. It would have been very easy to choose not to go.

So, I'm a Young fan, but I really liked this as a Young moment, where he will not give up and, in his strength, he carries along those that might not have the strength to keep going, at least for the moment. That's some definite leadership skills there.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I found this episode quite dull... it wasn't terrible, just boring. Highlights for me were Robert Carlyle's performance, and the last 10 minutes of the episode. I especially liked Young's decision at the end (forum thread "The Ending"). And, once again, not a fan of the music in this ep...

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                  Man, what a horrible filler episode! Ticks? Seriously? Lt. James snuffing that moron was the only thing that didn't suck. So Destiny has already crossed the void. That fast, huh?

The writers should have used the Faith episode to make the transition from one galaxy to the next. Faith would have been even more puzzling if Destiny had bumped into the artificial solar system in the void. They could have made it a two-parter, which would have allowed some planetary exploration, etc.

3/10
                  That would actually have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better. A rogue star system between two galaxies....
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought the episode was pretty decent. While not the best they've put out so far, it by far wasn't the worst. I did enjoy seeing all the emotions manifesting for the characters, especially their fears. It's a good attempt at making them more human. If you want to read all my thought's on the episode you can read my full SGU: Pain Review here.

Comment

I really, really, REALLY, loved the ending of "Pain" might be in my top favorite scenes of SGU. The rest was pretty....meh. IMO.

Comment

Before going off to join the search for Greer, Young has a quick conversation with TJ. At the end of it there’s a long shot of the two of them with Lisa Park in the foreground, who is pulling a really weird face and apparently didn’t realise that she was on camera at the time!

When Scott reports from outside the locked storage room, there’s a brief scene of Young walking along looking like he’s geared up for all-out war and surrounded by stormtroopers, but he never makes it to the storage room and we don’t see him in that gear again. It was either the most useless shot ever, or we’ll see him dressed like that again in a future episode and the editor of this one borrowed a bit because he needed some extra footage.

Comment

Yeah it was cool to see them hesitant of using the gate, but go ahead anyway since they need supplies. It's cool to see the more long term ramifications of bringing trouble back through the gate.

Perfecto!

Comment

You could see the hesitation in Young before he called Scott on the radio. I thought it was great.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                              ...Rush is scared ****less of being abducted, etc.
                              Rush seems to be super-terrified of those horrid blue aliens. The fear that was in his eyes when he hid in his room, not to also mention nearly getting drowned in the water tank (he screamed!), and at the scene near the end reinforces the intensity of that extreme degree.

He's usually fairly calm and logical in other crisis moments.. but the blue alien creatures really seem to terrify him. Is he afraid of the aliens, or what they can steal from his mind -- which may include stealing or destroying the Destiny ship?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                                Rush seems to be super-terrified of those horrid blue aliens. The fear that was in his eyes when he hid in his room, not to also mention nearly getting drowned in the water tank (he screamed!), and at the scene near the end reinforces the intensity of that extreme degree.

He's usually fairly calm and logical in other crisis moments.. but the blue alien creatures really seem to terrify him. Is he afraid of the aliens, or what they can steal from his mind -- which may include stealing or destroying the Destiny ship?
                                I think more then anything he is afraid of the aliens. Being tortured like he was he is afraid to go through that whole ordeal again
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X