Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did this episode have the 'Classic' stargate feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a way it did, in a way it didn't. If this were SG-1 or Atlantis I doubt Scott, Eli and Chloe would have been left behind.
    indeed. and you know why? because in those shows, all gates were accessible, so "wait, we'll dial soon" is a common scenario, while in SGU they don't have that luxury

Comment

I can't say that were any SG-1 or SGA episodes that fall in line with what we saw here. Classic SG-1 would have been Scott and Co making it back to the ship just before Destiny jumped to FTL. We wouldn't have seen any or the bizarre worlds that we saw while everyone was planet jumping. Scott never would have left Greer behind. I'm definitely hard pressed to say that this episode had much relation to the previous shows, and I'm glad it didn't.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Can't say it did. I don't think there any SG-1 or SGA episodes where you have these kind of flashbacks in order to develop a certain character.
        sigpic

Comment

By classic do you mean good? It displays the way stargate should be done. Only other episode of sgu that I liked were space and time. Although human was also good. I'm thinking the makers of sgu finally got their heads out of their butts and saw what stargate is.

Comment

season what, 4, episode 2? Teal'c is brainwashed and is near death...

Comment

The CGI monster, who appears to have been dubbed "Fluffy" by fandom, was nowhere near as bad as the monster from Uninvited. You could've used a hand puppet in Uninvited and it would've been improvement!

Young Greer did look a little like young and hip Teal'c from 200, didn't realise that until you said!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
              The only similarity to SG1 this episode had was with the "young and hip" team from episode "200". And, the very bad CGI monster was as bas as the very bad CGI monster in "Uninvited".

I did like seeing the use of the Stargates though.

Comment

It sorta had the classic feel to me, not counting the Greer stuff. The stuff on the ship reminded me of SGA, including TJ's "I'm preggo with your eggo line" which reminded me of Teyla. The Stargate travel to find Destiny reminded me of classic "Stargate" including the end when they didn't make it.....but since "To be Continued" didn't come up it wasn't that classic.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  indeed. and you know why? because in those shows, all gates were accessible, so "wait, we'll dial soon" is a common scenario, while in SGU they don't have that luxury
                  Not really what I meant...

Comment

yes it did, It Looks like SGU is going somewhere now
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                      To me it felt classic in the sence that they are going to many DIFFERENT planets, not all green forested ones with villages
                      Same here! I loved this episode and especially loved their encounter with the predator creature in whatever planet that was.
                      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

This had a very stargate feel to it in my eyes. I understand why some would argue based on the flashbacks greer had, but that has happened to a few characters even since SG-1 so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Comment

For it to be more classic, SGU will have to satisfy the following conditions:

1. Have an alien team member
                          2. Have an Iris over their stargate

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            For it to be more classic, SGU will have to satisfy the following conditions:

1. Have an alien team member
                            2. Have an Iris over their stargate
                            ugh, come on.

Perfecto!

Comment

I don't think it was classic at all, but that's kind of the point of SGU, isn't it?

That's not to say I didn't love this episode...edge of my seat the entire time, and I was really glad to see some Greer development. I think the writers are determined to not let him turn into another Ford.
                              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                              Check out my Flickr

Comment

They gave this series the wrong name it should've been

Lost Gate Universe

The show is totally copying Lost format with some battlestar gallactica thrown in.

Comment

Working...
                                X