No announcement yet.

Brave move on the writers part!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was kinda expecting a typical stargate ending: everyone makes in the last moment, Eli returns the glasses to Rush who says "thanks, I was looking for those" everybody's happy, the end. Well that didn't happen....
    "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      That's another thing. I was pretty spoiled up, and even I did not see this coming. Excepting a few contradictory spoilers for the next episode, the three of them could be stranded for the rest of the season and I wouldn't have seen it coming.
      I've been watching all the spoilers as well and, other than the
      Spoiler:
      dinosaur and Greer's epic 'fro
      , I didn't see any of it coming
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

As I was watching the end of the episode, I was winding down. I completely called that Rush was going to walk through the gate instead of the trio. However, I was completely surprised when Destiny jumped without them being able to dial in again. In all honesty, most of the endings to the episodes have been completely predictable, but I did not see this one coming. Definitely a great move from the writers. And once again, I cannot wait for next week's episode!
        "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
        "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Darn it now i have wait another week for the next episode.....now that is CRUEL!!!

Comment

my god i was like, "they're making it" *rush and co walk through* "HUH?, dial again !" *dials and the countdown finishes* "like in Air, they're gonna stop the jump at the last second". "it's gonna get VERY tight" *Destiny jumps without Eli et co getting on board* *MASSIVE WTF MOMENT*

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
              I think it was brilliant. It makes the potential storylines very interesting now that they are stuck away from Destiny. I'd imagine that they'll get back somehow eventually, but just how will they do it?
              It does indeed make for better story telling and also harkens back to SG1 and SGA where if a gate is already in use you cannot make a connection.
              Though i would have thought there would be a quicker dialling time with those remotes, like when using a dhd.

a kudos to the ending, and let the Kinosode hunting commence!!!!! ( maybe it'll be relevant like the "a new kind of crazy" episode, ) i can easily see them redialling a 3rd time once they realize how they even got aboard destiny the very first time, ie. it stopped itself to recieve the dialling in the opening score
              Doubtful since the addy removed itself from the kino's address list. I think the initial drop out in Air was cause it received the 9 cheveron address code, which tells it to stop.

Loving this, totally didn't see it coming at all until we saw Rush come through the gate! What a great fake-out having two sets of them "missing" at the last minute.
              I too was expecting to see them walk through when they were dialing, and then it shifted to the destiny having an inbound gate traveler. BUT cudo's for the switcheroo.

Oh, and speaking of old SG-1 bits, did anyone have a bit of a flashback to season 1's 'Cold Lazarus' when they saw the planet Rush and James had their little argument on?
              Not really as it was imo a lot darker and those gem formations did not look the same.. Similar though..

Darn it now i have wait another week for the next episode.....now that is CRUEL!!!
              At least you get to watch it next week. I deploy to Okinawa this weekend/next week time frame and so will be out of country by next ep. So i will have to catch it on Hulu (assuming the base does not have scifi cable)..

Comment

The bit about Rush dialing in and them getting a busy signal was predicable, but I still liked it. I'm glad they didn't make it back right away, I hope it takes them a while. If they plan to use the ship to get back to Destiny, they have an advantage over Rush if the aliens come back. There's three of them and Scott has a weapon, so if Eli can fix the ship they might be able to fight them off.

Perfecto!

Comment

The bit about Rush dialing in and them getting a busy signal was predicable, but I still liked it.
                  i'm pretty genre savvy and pretty well-informed about cliche's. and i didn't see it coming. in fact, i had forgot about Rush. i was like "huh? rush?" and then i realized "hey yea he wasn't back yet".

Comment

The bit about Rush dialing in and them getting a busy signal was predicable, but I still liked it.
                    i'm pretty genre savvy and pretty well-informed about cliche's. and i didn't see it coming. in fact, i had forgot about Rush. i was like "huh? rush?" and then i realized "hey yea he wasn't back yet".

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      Well I didn't forget about Rush, that's how I knew it was coming, but like I said even though I saw it coming it was still a great way to have them get stuck, that they were that close to getting back.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Doubtful since the addy removed itself from the kino's address list. I think the initial drop out in Air was cause it received the 9 cheveron address code, which tells it to stop.
                        Hey, that's an interesting idea. What if Eli uses the remote to dial the 9 chevron address instead of the standard 7? The ship is so close it might be able to connect with just the gate's power source. That would be a neat what to wrap up the Lost storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by HaMm3r View Post
                          Hey, that's an interesting idea. What if Eli uses the remote to dial the 9 chevron address instead of the standard 7? The ship is so close it might be able to connect with just the gate's power source. That would be a neat what to wrap up the Lost storyline.
                          The limitied range of the Universe gates makes that seem unlikely. They weren't designed to do that.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Obviously, the next episode SABOTAGE leads on from the previous LOST. We know the one of the FTL drives cuts out, and Chloe, Scott and Eli are stranded somewhere. I assume that Destiny drops out of FTL just within Stargate range of a planet at the edge of the Galaxy, one the lost three must find. Simple

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              The limitied range of the Universe gates makes that seem unlikely. They weren't designed to do that.
                              Weren't they? These were the gates they were building when they built Destiny. They would have had to have tested the 9 chevron address before launching the ship, otherwise they wouldn't know for sure if they could ever get back aboard. So, it stands to reason that even these older gates have the capability to dial 9 chevron addesses, even if they don't have the range. Besides, we saw them try to dial a 9 chevron address back to Earth with the older gate in "Earth" and Riley tried it in "Air part 2", where he talks abouts finding the address for Earth in the database and the 9th chevron being a distance factor.

And speaking of range, my understanding is that the massive power needed on Icarus to dial Destiny was only due to the extreme distance between the two gates. In this current "Lost" situation, at the end of the episode, Destiny is only approximately 10 seconds at FTL away from the dialing gate, so it's probably within the gate's normal range and thus power requirements for even a 9 chevron dial to Destiny should be negligible.

Comment

The gates on the planets don't have a large enough power source to dial long range. The gate itself might be able to dial longer ranges if there were a great power source connected to the gate.
                                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X