No announcement yet.

Brave move on the writers part!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so much of this show has had me saying that, saying how brave the writers are.
    I'm proud of them; it takes guts to break off in directions like this
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

a kudos to the ending, and let the Kinosode hunting commence!!!!! ( maybe it'll be relevant like the "a new kind of crazy" episode, ) i can easily see them redialling a 3rd time once they realize how they even got aboard destiny the very first time, ie. it stopped itself to recieve the dialling in the opening score

Comment

On SG-1 and SGA it was always oh, are they going to make it back, and than at the end of the episode poof they're back. I'm glad that they've done something different. It was quite a bold move, as there are some people who don't like SGU because it's so different than the other two. I hope the separation lasts a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Astria View Post
          On SG-1 and SGA it was always oh, are they going to make it back, and than at the end of the episode poof they're back. I'm glad that they've done something different. It was quite a bold move, as there are some people who don't like SGU because it's so different than the other two. I hope the separation lasts a while.
          I hope it goes for a couple episodes too, but I wouldn't mind the next episode resolving it. Just the fact that the episode ending with them not magically coming back is a nice chance, and good enough for me. But I do agree, I would love to see it go a few episodes.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Astria View Post
            Green for you.

Comment

Originally posted by moriktherogue View Post
              i can easily see them redialling a 3rd time once they realize how they even got aboard destiny the very first time, ie. it stopped itself to recieve the dialling in the opening score
              I had forgotten about that part. Hmm. Makes you wonder why Destiny stopped in that opening scene if the gate address is declaired invalid whenever the ship is in FTL. Perhaps because it was dialed from the Earth address made the ship stop?
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
                brave? more like cruel!
                Brave ... and cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                  Makes you wonder why Destiny stopped in that opening scene if the gate address is declaired invalid whenever the ship is in FTL.
                  i took the meaning of the address disappearing from the remote the same as if on your phone, you no longer had your favorite takeout on your contacts, it wouldn't mean that you would be barred from phoning them ever again.

no matter where when they take the resolution to this cliffhanger, i am loving soo much of it, i've actually used my login for the first time in a long while.

i read alot of manga, and they have art of a last page cliffhanger down to a science. good to see it being utilized more in the stargate shows.

Comment

Yes, noob here. (Even though I've seen every episode of SG1, SGA and the movies, I never found them interesting enough to actually want to talk to someone about Stargate before SGU.) I have lurked since the start of the SGU series, however.

Anyway, since we know from other spoilers that...
                    Spoiler:
                    one of the FTL drives fail in the next episode

...I expect that one of the first scenes we'll see is Destiny travelling in FTL and...
                    Spoiler:
                    BOOM! Engine blows up and the ship drops out of FTL.

Cut to planet where Chloe, Eli and Scott are wondering what the heck to do and decide to see what gate addresses they can reach from there. All of a sudden, the Destiny address reappears, they frantically dial it and tada, they're back aboard. Turns out, the FTL failure happened while Destiny was still in range of the planet.

So, that's my prediction for how they get back, but the writers have pulled some surprising twists so far, so who knows...

Comment

The ending made me so freaking happy. Perhaps it's the fact that Marty G. wrote it (he seems to do a lot of fake outs), or perhaps it's because I've avoided spoilers, or perhaps it's both - but overall I found this episode pretty unpredictable.

So when that ending came up, I was literally yelling at my TV at how they decided to end it! Never in a million years did I think they'd actually do another cliffhanger like this. Brilliant!

Comment

The ending made me so freaking happy. Perhaps it's the fact that Marty G. wrote it (he seems to do a lot of fake outs), or perhaps it's because I've avoided spoilers, or perhaps it's both - but overall I found this episode pretty unpredictable.
                        That's another thing. I was pretty spoiled up, and even I did not see this coming. Excepting a few contradictory spoilers for the next episode, the three of them could be stranded for the rest of the season and I wouldn't have seen it coming.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Loving this, totally didn't see it coming at all until we saw Rush come through the gate! What a great fake-out having two sets of them "missing" at the last minute.

Anyone get the feeling that there's gonna be a subplot in Sabotage
                          Spoiler:
                          of the power issue seen in this episode?

Almost makes me wonder if Matt, Chloe, and Eli will end up needing some power source to get back that they might end up being able to take with them...
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 April 2010, 11:33 PM. Reason: tagging.:)

Comment

While I do think leaving Scott, Chloe, and Eli stranded again was different, I wouldn't say it was brave. TPTB couldn't have them return in the next episode because they already did that with Rush. Now if Rush was left for at least one more episode, Divided would have been a better episode with the unknown truth if Young left Rush to die be in the civilian minds and if they could be next. It would have meant having Space after it, but it could have been done.

But the reality is TPTB aren't paying Robert Carlyle to miss an episode, but having him alone trying to work on the alien ship for a portion of the next episode might have been TOO brave for TPTB.
                            Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Actually i think the aliens broke the ftl.

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

So when that ending came up, I was literally yelling at my TV at how they decided to end it! Never in a million years did I think they'd actually do another cliffhanger like this. Brilliant!
                                It's the first time I've been properly surprised by them in ages (lack of spoilers it so much better!). I knew Rush'd be getting back first to block them when they dialed, but just assumed they'd get it at the very last second, ship shaking to pieces as it geared up for FTL only to be stopped by an incoming wormhole. It had been reminding me a bit of that crazy in out gate exchange at the end of SG-1s 'Secrets'. Oh, and speaking of old SG-1 bits, did anyone have a bit of a flashback to season 1's 'Cold Lazarus' when they saw the planet Rush and James had their little argument on?

And finally - wasn't it nice to actually see Stargate's spinning and Kawooshing all of the place!
                                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                                X