X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Nope, nonononononono. Not friends....Foes

You wouldn't say that if you had the big humongous spiders I've had the last few days in the house My cat protects me from the big horrible freaks
    Weird you should say that, I've had a load of massive ones appearing around the house too

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Weird you should say that, I've had a load of massive ones appearing around the house too
      Thankfully...no spiders to report here!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        You know you love 'em!
        NEVER!!! My cat protects me from the monsters

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        YIKES!!! This is the time they all come out to play (frighten the living daylights outta us)

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Thankfully...no spiders to report here!
        Really? So it's settled them. We're all moving into LtColCarter's house
        sigpic

Comment

still bugs me that Greer didn't fire his gun off while running to catch up with Eli and gang.
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Maybe he thought it might cause him to lose time getting the gun ready, OR it was jammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Really? So it's settled them. We're all moving into LtColCarter's house
              Woo-hoo! *starts making room*
              sigpic

Comment

Whos up for a party!

Comment

This episode gave some much needed insight into Greer’s past. His back story intertwined with the rest of the episode plot made for a nice balance of character development and action (or the coolest part of the episode the Space Dinosaur). I am also pleased that the problem of being stranded has not be resolved and allows for a larger story arc, which hopefully introduces some new elements.

Additionally the episode hits home the important survival lesson for when one is lost in the woods and that is you should stay in one place.
                  At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Enjoyed this ep, was for Greer what Human was for Rush. Loved hearing more of his back story. And I look forward to seeing the resolution of this.
                    sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode.

We got some back story from Greer.

Chloe, Eli, and Scott are now as good as dead.

Martin Gero finally got his T-Rex on screen.

Tomorrow, who sabotaged Destiny?
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice continuation of the adventures of the group left behind in the ruins. It had a nice pace as they tried to chase down the way Destiny may have gone via the gate network. Greer's backstory was really well done, sad as to why he was claustrophobic, victim of a post traumatic stressed Gulf War veteran father.

It was great to see some nice 'alien' looking planets as well as snowy 'Vermont', I love that scene, I always have that as my Xmas desktop photo. The crystals on one of the planets looked like the same as SG-1 came across in 'Cold Lazarus', good thing they didn't stop to look and touch them! Wonder if they were the same race originally, but now lived galaxies apart?!

I totally forgot that the lost bunch didn't make it back to Destiny at the end, so I got surprised again!

Comment

I can't believe they did it; they finally have an episode where they have to rush back to the Destiny but on the other hand, it's less than expected.

Part of this has to do with the characters, they're the same as they are in the previous episode; disinteresting, unrelatable and poorly done. This episode has the most interesting concept of traveling from planet to planet in order to catch up with Destiny, I mean this has potential, planets we've never seen, a sense of hope, a real possibility for fear from the characters but the concept is wasted because of the characters; I did not care one bit for what they were going through, what do these characters have to draw me in, what do they show in terms of the situation around them? They oddly enough don't act as if it's a hectic situation and much of the episode feels like we have to care for them because they're the main characters, there has to be something to make me care, something; because the thought of characters running for their lives isn't enough to hook me in.

This could of been remedied had they removed the uneventful boring cave scenes. I can barely remember anything that happened inside them; I'm guessing Greer got himself injured, Eli and Chloe were trapped somewhere. I don't know. All I know is that 15 minutes of the episode are wasted to these scenes and if removed it could lead to a whole lot of things, good character moments, tons of planets, lots more risk, lots more tension. To see them constantly run on various planets would be more fun than to watch them inside of a cave who's only memorable feature happens to be the tunnels themselves. I could just see it now, Eli and Chloe bonding, a planet unlike anything they've ever seen, people doubting themselves in the face of danger. The drama that we get however is unsatisfactory, even the scenes on the Destiny themselves feel like letdowns. There was a real chance to see what life would be like without Eli or the crew but instead of feeling like a disjointed operation, it's as if Eli never existed, replaced by a one-off who nobody will remember when the episode ends.

The best part of the episode is when Greer is left alone. This gives him an opportunity to provide a harrowing performance that grows his character and he executes it pretty well. Every word he says and every muscle he moves manages to convince the audience to follow his pain and struggles, to get into his world which we don't know much about and being alone, being forced to survive just enhances that; the flashbacks were a bit purposeless but these scenes are among the best and the best of Greers. The rest, well... the entire ending was ruined by reused dramatic gimmicks, especially the one where they're dialing into the gate. It just seemed annoying that they can't seem to do anything without a gimmick and that it's used as cheap dramatic fluff; while it does add drama, we don't need to have them constantly cutting back and forwarth, just show us the gate, just tell us that they're not going to make it instead of trying to cut back and forwarth.

I'll admit, it was a surprise that the main characters didn't make it back but do you know what would of been a real surprise? If it had been "game over" for those guys for real.
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

Midweek, another ep of SGU...

1. Well, I remembered that they got Destiny to turn back at some point but not sure when.

2. Greer's backstory was ugly, reminded me of a recent exchange with a guy where he complained about the fact that he was expected to put up with abusive behaviour from war veterans!

Solid ep.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Another average ep the second time around.

Finding out about Greers less than colourful past was interesting. Explains why he's the way he is.

Finally got to see the T-Rex haha.

Chloe being able to read the alien language. A sign of things to come.

Funny how Greer was the one rescued in the end
                              sigpic

Comment

If that was supposed to be a T-rex the arms were way too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X