No announcement yet.

Do you think Rush knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea of him knowing crossed my mind before seeing this ep actually. I think he suspected, perhaps hoped, but didn't know for sure, due to not being able to access the main systems and all that. And I guess he didn't let on in case it was a false hope.

It make sense that he suspected but couldn't know for certain, because I'm sure he's smart enough that the thought did occur to him. If he never once considered that the ship might be doing it on purpose that would disappoint me.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
      Wow, damn good analysis. I think especially this last paragraph explains everything.
      Thanks!
      There is no spoon...

Comment

He didn't know, he just doesn't want people to like him for some reason. Maybe it has to do with the picture he stares at - maybe he feels responsible for something in the past and doesn't want anyone to see him in any heroic light.

Comment

I do not think he really knew what was going to happen, maybe that was said deliberate to raise suspicion and distrust in rush, but think he was more interested in getting back the supplies than the people in the shuttle that has to be a given.

Comment

I'm reasonably sure he suspected, but I don't think he knew.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by andr3w_iii View Post
              I do not think he really knew what was going to happen, maybe that was said deliberate to raise suspicion and distrust in rush, but think he was more interested in getting back the supplies than the people in the shuttle that has to be a given.
              Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I'm reasonably sure he suspected, but I don't think he knew.
              Copy that. I think Rush probably suspected that the Destiny might do something to refuel itself but he had no proof. They're locked out of the primary systems so there was no way to be certain. He wasn't absolutely sure until he finished reading that book and realized that they should have been dead already. Then he went and checked the power systems.

I think Young suspecting that Rush knew merely shows the true level of distrust that's there.
              sigpic

Comment

I think that having Rush do an about-face on his attitude and Young reading him like that in the last minute of the episode was a really poor way to finish it. The series seems like one in which the writers want to work in a twist or a cliffhanger at the end of every episode, but I think they had a perfect opportunity to wrap it up there and have a really decent self-contained story that didn't have Rush's character development thrown away in the last minute.

Comment

They played it just right. They could take it either way and the audience would go along with it. There's enough material there to suspect Rush knew and enough to suspect he did not. The story did not commit either way. Smart, leaving the writers plenty of options with Rush's character, which IMO is the most interesting character so far.

My first post! Who-hooo!!!

Comment

I don't think he knew for sure. He has no advantage to hide it from the others. Anyway we see him act surprised to see the power back WHILE HE WAS ALONE.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I believe he had a guess that refueling was a very low possibility but he couldn't confirm or prove it, so why have the death of the either expedition on your conscience. And since they were locked out of the system and couldn't do anything about it anyway, being a non peoples person he was already resigned to the fact that he will stay on the ship live or die and just gave up.

Rush only helps himself.

Comment

I think he had a hint after he saw the Destiny from the outside.
                        He might have sawed something about the Destiny that suggested they might refuel. Because it happened after they launched the shuttle, it would explain some things about his behaviour...
                        Just look at his face when he sees it - he has that almost McKay face, when he figures something out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
                          Yeah that's true, I'd forgotten about that moment, I'd thought he was going to suddenly realise then but nothing happened.

Either way he'd already given up his place on the shuttle though

Comment

Yeah, when he saw the exterior he got a sort of eureka moment, but couldn't confirm it, so he did suspect it, but couldn't risk everybody's lives.

Comment

i think that he knew the possibility existed but did not expect it to actually happen.

he did kind of let it all happen. in the way that, he didnt intervene or work on a solution. he just went to....read a book, then calmly went to the nexus room and laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
                                He might have sawed something about the Destiny that suggested they might refuel. Because it happened after they launched the shuttle, it would explain some things about his behaviour...
                                Just look at his face when he sees it - he has that almost McKay face, when he figures something out.
                                Yep, that was exactly my thought. He had a clue, when he saw Destiny from the outside. Maybe he was gathering some information on the Destiny before the systems went down and after seeing the outside he draw his own conclusions. But with the systems down, he had no way of checking.
                                I think that by the time he finished his book he felt his thoughts confirmed that something was going on and he checked for that main console which was back online showing the energy (in whatever kind) already gathered.
                                Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                                Jack: "What?"
                                Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                                Jack: "What?"
                                Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                                Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                                - - - - -
                                Knight Rider S01E11
                                KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                                - - - - -
                                Eureka S03E12
                                Bismarck: This is madness.
                                Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Working...
                                X