No announcement yet.

Do you think Rush knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theres no way he knew. he was nervous just like the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonyMoose View Post
      Actually, he was encouraging Young to send Greer, who fought with Rush in the desert.

If he did know ahead of time that they would survive, then this was one opportunity to get rid of Greer.
      Yep,

I thought about this and I figured someone would bring it up too. He told Young to fix the lottery, not to specifically send Greer. He also said that everyone will think he has fixed it anyway so why not send who he wants to.

Sure he could have known, and could have been trying to get him to send Greer, but if he really planned to have Greer gone I would think he might have been a little more direct. Its only speculation.

Now, the real question is, if he knew they were going to survive why wouldn't he sabotage the shuttle to keep it? They have one working shuttle and who knows what they might need it for. That's a valuable piece of technology to just let fly away.

Then later, he was trying to save the shuttle. Sure to get supplies back maybe, but why would he care if he "Knew all along" he obviously thought they could do without those supplies or he would have just told them "Hey I think the ship is going to survive" if the supplies were so critical they couldn't survive without them.

Anyway, that's just my take on it. There are more factors, in my opinion, pointing towards him not knowing for sure (But maybe suspecting) them him knowing outright the ship would survive.

- CB
      Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
      Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Fool me once shame on you.
        Fool me twice shame on me.

I can't trust Rush.

Comment

im starting to think this is going to be more drama based like battlestar galactica...(witch is what i was afraid of) but it will be nice to see a twist latter on that was perfectly plotted out

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
            Yep,

I thought about this and I figured someone would bring it up too. He told Young to fix the lottery, not to specifically send Greer. He also said that everyone will think he has fixed it anyway so why not send who he wants to.

Sure he could have known, and could have been trying to get him to send Greer, but if he really planned to have Greer gone I would think he might have been a little more direct. Its only speculation.

Now, the real question is, if he knew they were going to survive why wouldn't he sabotage the shuttle to keep it? They have one working shuttle and who knows what they might need it for. That's a valuable piece of technology to just let fly away.

Then later, he was trying to save the shuttle. Sure to get supplies back maybe, but why would he care if he "Knew all along" he obviously thought they could do without those supplies or he would have just told them "Hey I think the ship is going to survive" if the supplies were so critical they couldn't survive without them.

Anyway, that's just my take on it. There are more factors, in my opinion, pointing towards him not knowing for sure (But maybe suspecting) them him knowing outright the ship would survive.

- CB
            Rush doesn't strike me a TRUE manipulator...more like a scavenger...and opportunist. He didn't press not just because he wasn't completely but because he takes what he's given.

IF Rush wasn't in at least some expectation why is he pissed at the end of the episode? Why would he show it? He's not a True manipulator...he'll take what he's given....

I get the sense that Rush would have like 17 less people on board.

Comment

Originally posted by randomking View Post
              im starting to think this is going to be more drama based like battlestar galactica...(witch is what i was afraid of) but it will be nice to see a twist latter on that was perfectly plotted out
              Yes it is more drama-based, however I don't think it is fair to compare it to BSG. This is still Stargate and, so far, they have at least tried to keep the things that make it Stargate. Now that we've gotten a bit past the "OH NO! We're on an ancient ship with no air, no power, etc." problems for a while, I think you'll start seeing more "action." It won't be exactly like SG1 or SGA but I am mildly optimistic (6 months ago, I wasn't).

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                Rush doesn't strike me a TRUE manipulator...more like a scavenger...and opportunist. He didn't press not just because he wasn't completely but because he takes what he's given.

IF Rush wasn't in at least some expectation why is he pissed at the end of the episode? Why would he show it? He's not a True manipulator...he'll take what he's given....

I get the sense that Rush would have like 17 less people on board.
                Well,

I think Rush is pissed at the end of every episode cause he's Rush. hehe.

I could be wrong, but there was alot of evidence pointing towards him not being 'completely' sure that they were going to be destroyed. Were I in his situation, I would have thought/hoped/had faith the ship going towards the star wasn't an accident. I probably would have spoken up though if it were me. Rush just isn't a very nice person.

I completely agree with you about not trusting him. I don't trust him either. He certainly wants his way and wants that ship. As smart as he is though, I think he knows that he can't survive alone.

I said this in another thread, but I totally think the show creators planned that episode to end that way to leave the question open for us to go "Well, I wonder!". That's the best kind of show where at the end it leaves you wondering just what is going to happen next and lets you draw your own conclusions. I am really enjoying SGU.

Thanks for the dicussion, I enjoy discussions too.

- CB
                Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

After seeing "Light" once (I'll watch it a few more times), I believe that he genuinely thought they were going to die. Once he saw the ship above the sun and realized that they would live, he was euphoric.

However, once his excitement subsided, he felt like a fool for being wrong and having a dramatic nervous breakdown (humiliation is a powerful motivator). His over inflated ego scolded him for not realizing that the ship was designed to feed off the resources of the universe, just as the stargate seeder ships do. Rush is one of those people who loves being in control (being the smartest guy in the room), and hates to admit being wrong, so at the end of the show, he wanted to cover for his mistake by making the others believe that he knew all along that they would live, even if it made him appear calculating and crazy for putting them through this ordeal, and for potentially causing 17 people to be stranded.

PS: I loved the CGI in this episode!
                  There is no spoon...

Comment

Rush may have had a suspicion, but still, hurling into a star is enough to unnerve even those who believe everything could be ok. After all, the ship is very, very old.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Rush may have had a suspicion, but still, hurling into a star is enough to unnerve even those who believe everything could be ok. After all, the ship is very, very old.
                      Exactly.

Comment

No, I don't think Rush knew in advance, otherwise he wouldn't have been freaking out about it in the previous episode nor would he have celebrated like he did in this one. That said, I do think that Rush knows more about Destiny than he's letting on.

Comment

I think he had some idea, but I don't think he knew for sure. I just think he didn't expect any special treatment, or just doesn't like the food. HAHA

Comment

To me, it didn't look like he knew. He was just as surprised and happy as anyone when they found out they were going to live. I don't think he would have brought those people back if he had known, he would have just let them continue on, maybe telling Young he "couldn't reach them." So I think he was sincere in not knowing, and you could tell he was relieved when he found out he was wrong about them crashing into the sun.

Still, it's an interesting question. I think I'll follow the debate on this topic.

Comment

I don't think anybody thought the ship would actually fly into the star. That being said, I'm pretty sure Rush knew it would somehow use the star to recharge. He ran out onto the observation deck shouting "yes yes yes!" as opposed to "I can't believe it!"
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                                I don't think anybody thought the ship would actually fly into the star. That being said, I'm pretty sure Rush knew it would somehow use the star to recharge. He ran out onto the observation deck shouting "yes yes yes!" as opposed to "I can't believe it!"
                                That is very true...but he might not have wanted to take the chance, and be prepared, just in case. At least, that's what I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X