• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      I don't think anybody thought the ship would actually fly into the star. That being said, I'm pretty sure Rush knew it would somehow use the star to recharge. He ran out onto the observation deck shouting "yes yes yes!" as opposed to "I can't believe it!"
      I have to disagree, on the note that Rush isn't American. There is a language barrier thing between other countries that sometimes makes things hard to interperate. The producers have a few times dropped hints on the way he talks about things being different then say, how McKay would talk about them. Further more "Yes Yes Yes!!" could have meant "I can't believe it!" to him. Also, if I all the sudden was alive after my ancient ship didn't crash into the atmosphere I believe my response would be "Freeking Hell yes! Owned!"

Everyone is different. Plus, I would be more inclined to think he knew if he said "I can't believe it!". Its all relative to one's opinion, which makes the show great because we all can interperate it our own way. It leaves quite a bit to our imagination.

- CB
      Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
      Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat1487 View Post
        He seemed genuinely surprised by the fact that they werent vaporized
        I agree! I mean we all know the man has his own agenda but common I was with everyone when they told the general to zip it!
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
          Yep,

Sure he could have known, and could have been trying to get him to send Greer, but if he really planned to have Greer gone I would think he might have been a little more direct. Its only speculation.

- CB
          Rush does seem to me to be to blunt and brash not to send people he does not like, rather than skirting around the issue.

From only seeing the episode once I would have to speculate that Rush had suspicions that something was going to recharge the power source, but he had no evidence it was going to actually happen. When he saw the shot of the Destiny from the outside, I think it let him see something that made him believe there was hope on getting Destiny powered up again. I think the important thing to remember in all this is how we can all make an educated guess as to what is going to happen in any given situation. Rush is obviously a VERY smart person, but during his meltdown he said that he was robbed of the power he needed to fix the problem. No matter how much you think that it was possible for Destiny to regain power, this course was intentionally set by the ship. All the evidence he had (being inside the ship) would lead him to believe that nothing was going to happen (as no consoles had power to let him think anything was happening) other than a collision course and imminent death.

I think he thought he was dead, and eventually was suprised when they did not die.

Comment

I think it was quite evident from Rush's reactions that he didn't know. In fact, I don't really think he had an inkling.

I think the way he acted in that scene was simply Rush's style. He doesn't care what people think of him in the end. Furthermore, I'm guessing that Col. Young didn't really think that after he considered it, but his line of "But what if he did?" was more of just a general warning. Essentially, don't trust Rush too much.

All just my interpretation, though
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

I think Rush had an idea but "Knew"? Hell no.

Comment

Agree, Rush wouldn't know and he thought that this is it. The end of it. Fortunately Destiny is running on Solar. That's good. He was so happy about it. NOW the next problem is food & water.

Do think ZPM can be refilled the same way by using Destiny recharging system?

Comment

i got the feeling that in some way, he knew the ship would survive and made everyone else think otherwise...when he and Young were talking about rigging the lottery, he mentioned Scott and Greer, 2 people he clearly doesn't like...i think he tried to take the opportunity to rid himself of a few people he clearly doesn't like...but, thats just my thoughts...

Comment

He may have hade an idea, but he had no means to know for sure. Bringing up a theory about the ship might be flying into the star to recharge wouldn't have changed much. The shuttle still would have had to be launched in the event that Rush's inkling wasn't correct.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I don't think Rush knew. I don't think he cared about the people on the shuttle, but if he knew the Destiny would be ok, he would have cared about all the supplies they were taking with them. In other words, if he knew, I think he would have said something so that they didn't take all the supplies with them.
                      sigpic
                      FOX Network

Comment

I liked his little smirk rush expressed at the end when questioned if he knew.
                        It was like him thinking to this self "i just saved you life and you said you trust me, yet you ask me if i knew all along! things never chance lol"

Comment

I think Rsuh suspected some Ancient surprise in the last second, but it doesn't mean he knew they will survive.

Maybe he like people to think he knew , that would make him look smarter.

Comment

He may have had a hunch but knew for sure? Yes he took himself out of the lottery but I can't believe he faked that nervous breakdown in Darkness. If he did he would have had to have known then and I can't believe the writers made him that deceptive.

If he did I was fooled.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                              He may have had a hunch but knew for sure? Yes he took himself out of the lottery but I can't believe he faked that nervous breakdown in Darkness.
                              that wasn't fake it was established that he was suffering from withdrawal
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                that wasn't fake it was established that he was suffering from withdrawal
                                Caffine Withdrawl is a real ... pain too. I went through it as a Kid when I used to drink Coffee all the time cause we were poor. A pot a day, to nothing. I got really sick and was out of my mind for a couple of days.

They actually did it rather well too, though I think he freeked out a little too much. Then again, I only had about a year at that level under my belt, and he may have had 20+. I imagine smoking is much worse.

Another instance of proof how I think he really wasn't sure the ship was going to survive. Doesn't mean he didn't think it might, or hope it would, just that he couldn't have been sure.

- CB
                                Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                                Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Working...
                                X