Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Tomorian View Post
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_Rush

If you think about the irony he is living through, you will understand where this character is going.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob_Carter

Hmmm... If you learned two years after your wife dies of cancer there was a cure, how would you feel about the government and military withholding that information?

Wouldn't you be pissed?

I think Rush is holding back because he blames the military for holding back a possible cure. Its a tough love relationship between him and the military.

"You mess with my life, I mess with your life" type of logic.

After learning about the advances in science the Stargate program had discovered, and how they may be holding them back from the population, I can see why he doesn't trust anyone's judgment. I think he is justified.

Just my prediction.
    That site isn't to be trusted, half of it is either speculation or just plain made up.

Comment

After a bit of thought I think he did know which is why he was getting rid of people. When Rush and Young talked Rush suggested Scott and Greer. Matt as a leader could rally a mutiny to challenge and put him down. I like Greer after he decked the bald guy. Greer threatened to kill him so Rush has a vested interest to get rid of him.

Logically speaking TJ would be the best choice as a doctor and Medic; Eli would be next on the list being the one that could get them back home.
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I agree, we need some more back story there. Maybe Young just distrusts intellectuals and sees them as elitist or something. I don't get it. I mean, he thinks Rush faked being so agree he was spraying spittle all over the gate room, and then, oh ya, he faked passing out, and then faked being unconscious for an hour or two.

Young was even there when Rush first came into the viewing room or whatever and saw that Destiny had entered a star system. Makes no freaking sense based on what we've seen and just makes me dislike Young. Voicing those suspicions in front the of the crew was not the act of a great commander either. I am way over Young.

Comment

Rush is a Goa'uld! (probably one of the Ba'al clones in disguise)
          General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

I doubt he knew. He may he suspected or had a theory, but he didn't know. Not that it would've stopped them from sending a shuttle, anyway. "Hey, there's this slim chance that the ship might power itself up by flying through the sun! I have no way of verifying this theory of mine, but let's not send that shuttle because it might result in the people in it being stranded... together with the brunt of our much-needed supplies, leaving us to starve!".

Also, if he really wanted them dead, he wouldn't have come up with that slingshot solution. So, no, he probably didn't know. At most, he had a theory without any way of proving it, even to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
              That site isn't to be trusted, half of it is either speculation or just plain made up.
              (re stargate.wikia.com)
              Quoted for truth, it's terrible.
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by bladebeam1 View Post
                I think Rush knows alot.

I think it is no accident that he brought along the communication stones.

He/Rush did not bring the communication stones along. Young did. I don't think Rush would have brought the stones.

Originally posted by Col. Tomorian View Post
                http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Nicholas_Rush

Gloria Rush was a female Tau'ri, and the wife of Nicholas Rush. She was a concert violinist and diagnosed with cancer. By 2007 she died due to the cancer. Ever since, her husband became more obsessed with researching Ancient technology and had since joined the Stargate program. (SGU: "Human")
                How do you/they know that? I never heard any mention of Rush's wife, let alone that her name was Gloria and that she died of cancer. etc.
                Don't we still need to see this?
                Stargate wikia is a great initiative, but we haven't seen this and they are just presenting speculation as the truth.
                A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I think the writers did a very good job of writing this episode so that as viewers we could not with a hundred percent certainty come to a conclusions that he knew or did not know.

It never sat well with me that the Destiny has been traveling through space for hundreds of thousands of years with no problems of power, and we stumble upon her in blind luck and we get to bear witness to her running out of power and her first 'error' in course plotting leading to its destruction in the sun. My very first thought at the end of episode was they were going to go through all this hassle and then the ship is going to use the sun to replenish its power and whoever gets on that ship is going to get left behind. I told my wife this the night Darkness aired.

So then I figured you know Rush is a really smart guy. He has to realize that it does not make sense the ship is 'dying' at the exact moment we just happen to stumble upon it. So I assume he is smart enough to figure out something has to happen but I can not jump to the conclusions he knew what would happen.

Now my next clue that he had a good idea they would survive was when his thoughts on who to send in the ship for the two was Scott and Greer. Okay Scott I get but why Greer? If he is genuinely trying to give them a fighting chance you logically send the only person with medical training and he has to send a pilot. Where does Greer come from as a suggestion?

I believe Rush was actually trying to get rid of Greer and if getting rid of 14 other individuals on the ship was a consequence so be it. Its almost like a messiah complex everyone but him is expendable. Hell keeping TJ on the Destiny falls drastically inline with this. He's keeping the medic with him on the Destiny. Not to mention he pulled his name out of the lottery.

The only part of this that does not fit is his appearance to be genuinely shocked when he looked at his watch and ran to the observatory room.

Now I said all this to ask this question....

If all this was premeditated and I believe it was....why even hint to Young that your that devious and that you knew?

If you didn't know.....and your hated by everyone and these events end up with you earning some brownie points with the person your butting heads with the most so far.....why even lead him on?

I don't think he could honestly think he would have more to gain by making them think he was smart enough to know they would survive the sun than he has to lose with breaking the trust he just earned.

Comment

Initially, Rush did not know.

When he saw Destiny from the exterior view, he may have noticed something which started to percolate in his mind. His assumptions from that point would continue to form until it became obvious what Destiny was going to do.

The only thing he might need to consider would be whether or not Destiny could survive the process of flying through a star.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

I think he didn't know, but soon worked out midway through the trip. It makes the most sense, I don't see Young being so selfish that he'd risk 15 peoples lives just for personal gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                        He/Rush did not bring the communication stones along. Young did. I don't think Rush would have brought the stones.

How do you/they know that? I never heard any mention of Rush's wife, let alone that her name was Gloria and that she died of cancer. etc.
                        Don't we still need to see this?
                        Stargate wikia is a great initiative, but we haven't seen this and they are just presenting speculation as the truth.
                        Its a shame if it is true, as that wiki will cause a lot of spoilers for the shows future.

Comment

He probably had a hunch what might happen, but didn't know for sure. For that reason he probably kept quiet. If he knew for sure he wouldn't have let the shuttle go, because he obviously valued the supplies on it and wouldn't want to lose them.

Comment

of course he knew. he read the script

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                              Its a shame if it is true, as that wiki will cause a lot of spoilers for the shows future.
                              Yeah, but I don't read it. It's more wrong than it is right most of the time. It comes in handy when you're doing some research, but that's all. This only proves that spoilers are everywhere on the Internet these days.

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                              of course he knew. he read the script
                              Too bad I can't green you for now.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

For me, it was strange that Rush didn't try again & again till the end, to find a way to escape their tragic destiny.
                                He was very at peace with it.
                                As if he knew/hoped that the ship would survive this.
                                But it wasn't obvious, when looking at his acting.

What made me believe that he guessed, is that in the script, the writers made Young have suspicion : "…Unless you knew…that the Destiny was going to make it all along."
                                Since everything they say in a TV show counts, I'm sure Rush knew (maybe not in the beginning, but when he decided to go to his room to read). Otherwise, there wouldn't be this line of text, that made the audience doubt it too.

Comment

Working...
                                X