This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    Nope, TNG had stargates in their second season ep CONTAGION. I saw it recently and screamed STARGATES.
    Even TNG is ripping off a concept. I think the first Stargate plot device was in a 60s book but I forget its name
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Mmmm...Good times, good times...

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
        More naked Greer, obsessed much.
        Well, obsession is a strong word...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Even TNG is ripping off a concept. I think the first Stargate plot device was in a 60s book but I forget its name
          Could it have been Andre Norton's 'Stargate?" Although, the stargate in the novel is only used once for some odd reason.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Could it have been Andre Norton's 'Stargate?" Although, the stargate in the novel is only used once for some odd reason.
            You would probably know better then me The point as I said (and you reinforce) original ideas are rare these day because of the status of what has been told. Its really what you do with those used ideas that define a show.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

That episode was the best one yet. I get chills when I realized that Destiny was actually being refueled inside the star.

Amazing show guys, keep it up!

Comment

This episode was better than the last...although it picked up pace halfway through.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                  Its a bit early for her to be comfortable around him like that (remember at this point they have only known each other for a few days).
                  She didn't invite him in, she had him standing guard.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

You would probably know better then me The point as I said (and you reinforce) original ideas are rare these day because of the status of what has been told. Its really what you do with those used ideas that define a show.
                    I agree with your comment on how the writers used ideas that define a show.

Some of Stargate SG-1's best episodes are recycled ideas/plots/themes.

For example:

Tangent is Apollo 13.
                    Windows of Opportunity is Groundhog Day.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Domino View Post
                      Where'd you get that?

I enjoyed this episode, although I had issues with the 'twist' being so dang predictable. I mean, I think everyone here knew at the end of Darkness that Destiny was going to use the sun to recharge itself.
                      You know, I thought I would be bothered by that and I really wasn't. The point of the episode wasn't how the ship powered up, but how different people dealt differently with knowing they were about to die. Also how they dealt with the lottery.

Comment

cant wait to see chole get airlocked

Comment

The difference is SG1 and SGA were teams chosen of the best of the best, not a rag tag group of stranded people who don't even really want to be there (other than Rush).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                            cant wait to see chole get airlocked
                            I personally hope to see Scott airlocked
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Mardius View Post

and on a completely unrelated note (and something thats been bugging me)

i still dont understand how people can truly say that any of the "sexing up" is out of character for anyone. from what we have seen this is a show that's far more adult and well...real, for lack of a better word. Scott or James or Chloe for that matter having sex doesnt make them "sex addicts" or "horny adolescents" it makes them human on show that seems to be focusing on humanity. if you dont like it to watch it, but dont go so far as to say its poor or lazy writing. so far SGU has been, with the exception of a few minor missteps, excellently written and executed
                              Well, maybe it's that many sci-fi geeks don't get laid so they think people having sex is unrealistic?

Comment

which is why I hope some follow up to the rushness of sex is explored. Like when she finds out Lt. James. I will probably hurt Chloe in umimaginable ways
                                Is that a threat or a typo?
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X