Scott's situation ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    So who did not see this comnig. That girl he knocked up (we found out in air Pt2/3) havng his kid.
    I wish I hadn't, but... <censored> spoilers

Interesting how there's been a lot of alcohol consumption on the show, generally portrayed in a negative way.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

You can be sure that they will show a stripper scene with her. Who gonna make the popcorn?

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        I second this. People have a way of sending themselves down a bad path. This happens way too many times in real life. Sometimes its learned helplessness. They just don't feel, like in her case, that they can do any better no matter what kind of help they have.
        I think this is true of Scott. I think he believes many times, that he is no better then he is, that he can't really be a good person. Granted he's in the military, and tries to help others, but I don't think he really believes in himself. Now he has something to live for, something that is good, and I am curious to see how this impacts his character.

Comment

Scott has shown himself to be a very honorable and decent person. Finding out that he has a son is really tough for him.

From his brief observation and conversation with her it is clear that he has doubts about how good of a mother she has been and will be. I can appreciate that money is tight with her but to leave her son at his age unattended like she has is unacceptable. I have doubts that she has tried very hard to find someone to take care of him while she was gone. I think it is implied by repeatedly refilling her wineglass that she is likely to be an alcoholic. I could certainly understand and respect a woman who used exotic dancing as a temporary means to achieve financial stability. But the fact that she has no interest in taking advantage of the financial opportunity Scott has so generously offered says volumes about her character. She obviously has very little desire to better herself and provide a stable positive environment for her child. What future is there in stripping?

I think it would be likely if Scott was on Earth that he probably would consider going to court to seek custody of his son. From what little we have seen I think he would make a far better parent than she.

I suspect that it is thoughts along these lines that have him sitting alone in the shuttle.
          Last edited by Blackhole; 22 November 2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I really hope the discovery that he has a son impacts Scott heavily. Next time he is on Earth, you know where he is headed.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I really hope the discovery that he has a son impacts Scott heavily. Next time he is on Earth, you know where he is headed.
              No I don't, why not enlighten us

Comment

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
                I think this is true of Scott. I think he believes many times, that he is no better then he is, that he can't really be a good person. Granted he's in the military, and tries to help others, but I don't think he really believes in himself. Now he has something to live for, something that is good, and I am curious to see how this impacts his character.
                THIS.

Comment

Been there done that, he should just be happy he got away with no obligations. Really, you gonna pick her up from the strip club at 5 am and drive her home to where she left her kid unattended for 8-10 hrs? Best he will get is spending some time with the kid before hes 18. Probably wouldnt hurt him to teach his kid not to bag strippers like dad! XD

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    No, not really. But I know plenty of women who will do exactly the opposite of what you ask them to do, just to prove they are independent an strong or just to be stubborn.
                    If he ask her to carry on stripping she would went straight to college, if he ask to sit home an relax for the rest of her life, she would of went out an got the hardest, toughness job she could find.

Yup. And nearly all i know are single moms..

And actually that is pretty clear what is happening, she will take his money, but does not want his support, and does not feel like that she can do anything,
                    Which makes me wonder would he have been better off NOT giving any financial support?

I think it would be likely if Scott was on Earth he probably would consider going to court to seek custody of his son. From what little we have seen I think he would make a far better parent than she.
                    Which makes me wonder will he take his 'chaperon' up on her offer to get CPS involved..

Comment

I'm wondering if we'll see him father another child onboard Destiny. I mean, he seems to have a rather active sex life with Chloe and the Sickbay and ration packs probably have a limited supply of condoms.
                      Well, unless he managed to raid a condom machine in Icarus Base gents before escaping to Destiny; Chloe must have several years worth of birth-control pills in her handbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudolph View Post
                        I'm wondering if we'll see him father another child onboard Destiny. I mean, he seems to have a rather active sex life with Chloe and the Sickbay and ration packs probably have a limited supply of condoms.
                        Well, unless he managed to raid a condom machine in Icarus Base gents before escaping to Destiny; Chloe must have several years worth of birth-control pills in her handbag.
                        I really don't think there's a huge stash of condoms, or birth control pills, on Destiny. Nor do I think the guys all volunteered for vasectomies, or the women had their tubes tied, etc. For someone NOT to get pregnant on Destiny would ignore all the sex going on.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          I really don't think there's a huge stash of condoms, or birth control pills, on Destiny. Nor do I think the guys all volunteered for vasectomies, or the women had their tubes tied, etc. For someone NOT to get pregnant on Destiny would ignore all the sex going on.
                          The Icarus base was off world. Birth control supplies may not have been readily available. The women who were planning to be sexually active could have had an extended length of supply with them to last till their anticipated return to earth.
                          Last edited by Blackhole; 01 December 2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Isn't The doc supposed to be preg later on in the season?

Comment

The actor that play TJ is pregnant, joe suggested that they are not going to take the easy way out of the situation, aka not mention the pregancy an filming around it. Personally I think it going to make a interesting drama for the crew to have a baby aboard.

Comment

I can't see them introducing a baby, cuz animals and cute kids can KILL a scifi show. Unless it dies, and then we can have an episode or six of post partum depression.

But as for Scott, I think his response to helping his newly found kid showed a bit of immaturity on his part. Well-intended, but not well-thought out.

Comment

Working...
                                X