No announcement yet.

The Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Rush that this would probably not be as lethal as the one SG1 found. That had all their knowledge prior to their ascension, where as this one is a few million years older than that...

I just had a thought though. Get someone to switch bodies with someone on the destiny and sit in the chair. Once they find the information they need switch back and on Earth have the Asgard brain-knowledge-deleter-thing standing by. I'm not sure what this would do to the host body though, especially now we know residual memories stay behind.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
      Here's hoping Chloe dies, and stays dead like the alternate timeline Chloe. At least it will clear Eli's head (after the shock of losing his dream girl subsides).
      Apparently we still have an epidemic of CDS (Chloe Derangement Syndrome).

Comment

My first thought was that it's a control chair as well. But the danger must be serious if Rush hasn't been willing to sit in it; whether it's a repository or control chair or both, whoever sits in the chair will effectively have total control of the ship. Rush surely sees this, so the only reason I can see for him not to is that the chance of death is high.

Comment

Originally posted by Sifr View Post
          It could be amusing though, if Greer was right all along...

It IS a dentists chair.

They really should keep calling it that.
          looked like my dentist's chair
          General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
            Rush said that it appeared to be a precursor to the repository technology, not the control chair technology. So this thing would theoretically dump the entire Destiny library into a person's brain, and since it's less advance then the repository technology, it would probably do a hell of a lot more damage.
            Maybe Chuck could sit in the chair, he's good at downloading data directly into his brain LOL
            General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

it probably gets used in
              Spoiler:
              Human, as Rush, due to " an interface with the ship" he gets visions etc

Comment

What if Wray Sat in it? She looks desperate enough

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                  Agreed. It looked like an incredibly crude version of the control chair. I'm thinking that sitting in the chair will unlock and control the primary systems- they just found the bridge of the ship.
                  I don't think they found the actual bridge of the ship. IIRC an Aurora class battleship has no control chair on the bridge, but in a seperate room.
                  Well, of course there's an control chair light on the bridge, but it's not as powerful as the chair in Atlantis, or the Antartica chair.
                  And I don't think it is a repository either. Maybe it is just an interface, to improve working with Destiny's systems but not to control the ship.
                  I remember watching a movie where the crew of some kind of ship was connected with the ship via neural interfaces (NO, I don't mean Matrix) but I don't remember which one it was. Have to go through my DVD collection first.

*busy searching for the movie*
                  Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
                  Jack: "What?"
                  Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
                  Jack: "What?"
                  Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
                  Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
                  - - - - -
                  Knight Rider S01E11
                  KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
                  - - - - -
                  Eureka S03E12
                  Bismarck: This is madness.
                  Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

It certainly goes a long way to explaining why they switched to an ATA controlled chair, no more wires burrowing into your brain - ouch!
                    I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

Here's a thought.

What if the drugs Spencer were taking, weren't psychiatric meds and they were actually keeping him alive?

So then he volunteers himself to Rush to use in the chair, but then dies as a result?

Was just a thought.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        My first reaction was that it was a predecessor to the Ancient Control Chairs, rather than the repositories.

Judging from what happened/was said in this episode though, I'm thinking that at some point Rush and Greer will agree to put him (Greer) in the chair. Whether that results in Greer dying or not, I'm not prepared to speculate just yet.
                        here comes.... SUPER GREER!
                        67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by neoprometheus View Post
                          Apparently we still have an epidemic of CDS (Chloe Derangement Syndrome).
                          Hey, she'd finally have a use aboard the ship! And how did she manage to get out of the workouts everyone else was forced to do? It's almost as if a certain someone got her out of it...

Comment

I know it's little too early to talk about, but lets speculate the usage of the chair! I know that it is deadly however here's the thing:

1. Upload destiny's information
                            2. Get the use of it
                            3. Swipe the bodies with earth
                            4. Clean the knowledge

People dies because brain can not hold that much information. Basically brains rapidly tries to adapt and because it happens rapidly at some point of adaptation brain fails and human being dies.

However using LRC's you could prevent brain adaptation because knowledge you posses also goes to the person at the other end. This means that we can upload ancients knowledge, get use of it and safely remove it.

Btw you don't need ancient gene to operate this chair because this chair has nothing in common with the chairs we are used to. It's like dentist chair instead of fixing your tooth it uploads knowledge to your brains.

Moreover I think it's possible to operate it safely by controlling the upload! Because this chair requires external operator(the one who controls the panels)
                            The cake is a lie...

Comment

Actually-the download devices were always embedded in a wall.

That chair was something from the Gamekeeper and later was used on Teal'c that nearly killed him because of the scenario he was using was deadly. He had to work it out.

So the chair is dangerous but I don't really see where they think it's the downloadable.

Comment

Actually the Repositories they were talking about were always embedded in a wall. So I don't really get where they think it's a Repository.

And Yes-the first thing I thought of was the Ancient Gene Chair.

And yet-here's another reference-the Gamekeepers chair. What if it's a Scenario chair?

That's what I think it is.

Then again maybe it's the chair that helped the Ancients get to the Gene encoding.

Comment

Working...
                                X