Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    The music fits nicely.
    At the time I recall begging for the music to stop...

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      At the time I recall begging for the music to stop...
      I have to agree on this one. I thought the lyrics were fine. The band just didn't work for me at all.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the next ep will feature music from jay-Z
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I liked it. It worked, lyrically, and I have no beef with the band or anything. And Young beating up Telford when the little rock-y riff started = Priceless.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm an eclectic music person. I welcome all kinds of music to this show. The music worked for me.

Comment

The choice of music for SGU has probably been the most polarizing issue on these forums in a long while. It seems as though EVERYONE either loves it, or abhors it. There seems to be very little in-between.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I don't know how you can hate Flogging Molly.

Best Folk Punk band around.
                These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by UniGater View Post
                  The words are fine, but the music itself for the episode... ugh... well.. than again, this was the worst episode of the series thus far (I turned it off midway, I'll watch it all later on rewind.)
                  Second half of Life was definitely much better than the first half.

The tunes in this ep were pretty much just annoying to me, esp. the intro/conclusion music. I hope this was just them going nuts that they could finally get mainstream music initially, and that in later eps they learned to be more selective with their musical selections.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                    Second half of Life was definitely much better than the first half.

The tunes in this ep were pretty much just annoying to me, esp. the intro/conclusion music. I hope this was just them going nuts that they could finally get mainstream music initially, and that in later eps they learned to be more selective with their musical selections.
                    Or maybe some people just don't appreciate good music.
                    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                      I don't know how you can hate Flogging Molly.

Best Folk Punk band around.
                      i don't like punk
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i don't like punk
                        Personally I like the folk aspect to it more than the punk.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by UniGater View Post
                          I am new to stargate with universe, I started watching stargate when Uni came out, and i've gone through the first 8 seasons of sg1 and 2 of atlantis...

This music is terrible, even for a "newb" to the show. Please... people, I really hope you don't think the new people to the show enjoy the musical scores and that's why SG TPTB are doing it.. because we don't.
                          Who's we, mortal?

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
                          Oh, the words fit nicely. It was the music of the song that didn't.
                          I think that was kind of the point, actually. The...uh..."happy-ness" of the music put a surreal bent on the depressing situation aboard the Destiny. Instead of having a mopey song, TPTB decided to go the completely opposite direction, and it resulted in a IMHO very cool sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            And I have to disagree with you
                            Well for what it's worth, I can't really disagree with the point you brought up. The songs do come off as too forced and obvious.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I really liked the song.
                              But I also really liked the music that was playing off the player when they were "stuck" on the planet in 'Time'. It was only a short clip before someone said to turn it off.
                              Could anyone tell what song that was?
                              Last edited by solar wind; 20 November 2009, 11:16 PM. Reason: ambiguity
                              "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Who's we, mortal?

I think that was kind of the point, actually. The...uh..."happy-ness" of the music put a surreal bent on the depressing situation aboard the Destiny. Instead of having a mopey song, TPTB decided to go the completely opposite direction, and it resulted in a IMHO very cool sequence.
                                Actually I think the upbeatness of the song made the situation on the Destiny seem even more depressing to me, especially Scott on the verge of tears at the end of the episode. I mean, he finds out he's a father and there's absolutely no way he can be with his son. Absolutely devastating.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X