Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Newbie here looking for help. I just saw "Life" last night & loved the song that was playing during the Sharon & Wray piece in the middle. I tried using Shazam & for the 1st time it let me down. So if anyone could help me out with the song title & artist it would be appreciated.

cheers

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by scullow View Post
      Hi, Newbie here looking for help. I just saw "Life" last night & loved the song that was playing during the Sharon & Wray piece in the middle. I tried using Shazam & for the 1st time it let me down. So if anyone could help me out with the song title & artist it would be appreciated.

cheers

Paul
      "Comfort" by Deb Talan.

My personal method for finding songs I like is to memorize a small snippet of the lyrics when I'm listening to it. Then I type it into Google with quotes, and it's never let me down yet
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

1. "Swex". Meh.

2. I did sympathise with Scott here I mean, he didn't want a kid but now he's got one and he's at least partly responsible for it.

3. WTF was Rush playing at with that stunt?

4. I'm willing to give Telford the benefit of the doubt concerning an affair but he's still being a bleep. Laughed when Young beat him up.

5. We have a chair - someone has to use it though.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Keeping strickly to your point above why did some script genius not find an excuse to write a route map to actually use the chair and thus, at a stroke, create massive amounts of tension or sadness or even humour!

Or three of these human feelings can be found on many of the SG1 episodes. It can be done- risk taking is fun!
          I prefer that too, but that's exactly the point. If you look at ideas to use technology, almost all have been unworkable or unnecessary in the long run. That can't be by accident. They are purposely making it that they can't depend on the technology to save themselves. Which makes sense, of course, because otherwise thay'd be home by now. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for humor. They're bound to do something with the chair eventually, but it won't work as the whole premise of this show is based on their failure to get home, rather than winning in a struggle against enemies.

Comment

It wasn't the best episode, I think Time and Light are my favourites so far, but it wasn't awful either IMO, I could have done without the Scott's got a son he never knew about bit but other than that it was okay. The 2 best bits for me, discovering the chair with Rush desperately trying to get someone in it and Young giving Telford a beating- its about time.

Comment

I suppose I'm turning into a one-note poster on this forum but I'm sensing a pattern here. I seem to be developing an aversion to eps that feature the "magic stones". I find this constant body swapping not only ethically questionable but pernicious.
              It's not a bad episode but it was pretty lacklustre storywise. A case of the same o'l, same o'l. The show lacks a healthy energy instead it feels as staid as a Victorian literary adaptation.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

This is the beginning...why is the show going soft and familar already....the day in the life episodes should happen much much later.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  This is the beginning...why is the show going soft and familar already....the day in the life episodes should happen much much later.
                  And who determined that "day in the life" episodes are supposed to be much later in a series? What events in the episode showed that this was supposed to be a typical day onboard the Destiny? Has there been some kind of TV convention or standard that was codified to set in stone a rule that "day in the life episodes" are supposed to take place no earlier than the second or third season of a show?

Even if "Life" were a "day in the life" episode, and I'm not even saying that it is, you wouldn't think that a future episode that was similar in format would try to hearken back to "Life" for the sake of comparison and show how the characters progressed or changed?
                  Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 26 November 2009, 01:14 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I took this epsidoe as showing that the crew is "Settling In" to being on the Destiny, plus we got to know more about Wray and see Scott go cattatonic.

@SupremeLegate
                    Apogee Institute
                    Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      And who determined that "day in the life" episodes are supposed to be much later in a series? What events in the episode showed that this was supposed to be a typical day onboard the Destiny? Has there been some kind of TV convention or standard that was codified to set in stone a rule that "day in the life episodes" are supposed to take place no earlier than the second or third season of a show?

Even if "Life" were a "day in the life" episode, and I'm not even saying that it is, you wouldn't think that a future episode that was similar in format would try to hearken back to "Life" for the sake of comparison and show how the characters progressed or changed?
                      couldn't agree more.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        Daybreak.
                        Ah yes thats true, just shows how much i took that episode to my heart.
                        Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                        Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                          I don't think that's the problem. I think the real issue is how the writers are penning the character interaction. There are a multitude of characters and there's an underlying lack of confidence about what to do with them.

I think I'm going a bit schizophrenic with Lou Diamond Philips. I love his character on Numb3rs but I absolutely detest Telford. How can my mind cope?!

I really want to like this show but so far it's a case of hit and miss.
                          Did I say that I hate the stones...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                            I don't think that's the problem. I think the real issue is how the writers are penning the character interaction. There are a multitude of characters and there's an underlying lack of confidence about what to do with them.
                            Yes i think thats true.

It seems to me that what has happened is that a number of sterotypes have been dropped into the show, as opposed to individual characters, for whom the writers know how to write! Compare this to lost for instance, whatever you say about the show -- the characters stand out, and are what made the show a success -- that is a character show.
                            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              "Comfort" by Deb Talan.

My personal method for finding songs I like is to memorize a small snippet of the lyrics when I'm listening to it. Then I type it into Google with quotes, and it's never let me down yet

Many thanks for the info & the tip. It is much appreciated.

cheers

Paul

Comment

The ninth episode of SG1 was "Thor's Hammer" and the ninth episode of SGA was "Home". Compare everything up to there, with what we have in SGU so far and it might give a different perspective. It will be a fairer comparison too.
                                Actually, SG-1's ninth episode was 'Brief Candle', where Jack gets infected with nanites and ages rapidly. While not as gripping as Thor's Hammer, it still had more tension and action in it than 'Life', which one could almost skip and have missed nothing important.

Comment

Working...
                                X