Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can agree the body swap sex is wrong. What we need is for TPTB to address this issue, hopefully it the next few episodes. Another problem presented by the stones is that of spencer. By the look of the trailer for next weeks episode
    Spoiler:
    i think its spencer who killed himself
    . If im wrong though this subplot would be possible. We all saw spencer taking "E". What if during his turn to use the stones he gets himself a fix? The airman who swapped bodies with him has aninstant drug problem. That is a problem that need addressing. TPTB cant show us a druggy then not follow up on it. Loose ends kill shows.

Comment

stupid thing. why dont they exchange carter, zelenka, rodney to help rush?

similarly, review the chair if it can transfer info. if it can, load the asgard core into one then transfer it and load it in the chair.

a flaw however, ancients as old as hundreds of thousand of years designed more techies than ancients tens of thousands of years?

where was the ori then?

sickening discontinuities trying to fill up by concepts of physics.

and destiny is not the only ship made by the older ancients. most likely, its a "men in black" story. they are all inside a marball. hhehe

Comment

I identified the medication a few episodes back, here is the post and my rationale:

If you have read threads I have posted to in the past you may have seen me wonder about the medication we have seen Spencer taking, i.e. whether or not it was an anti-psychotic drug or something similar.

Well I got curious and decided to try and identify what he was taking, and I believe I have...

I used the following high-resolution image from Gateworld and sharpened it so that I could more easily read the writing on the label.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=300347&fullsize=1

Blowing it up and sharpening allows you to make out some of the label:

"May cause dizziness. Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery."

"This medicine contains Acetaminophen, Taking more Acetaminophen than recommended may cause serious liver problems." - hard to make out, but identical to the warning label on this bottle.

"Taking more of this medication than recommended may cause serious breathing problems."

The label than says "Round White #3" - with a little picture of the pills

Searching the pill identification database for "round white #3" nets the following results.
        http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?ac...pe=24&start=20

This identifies the medication as acetaminophen-codeine phosphate (which fits given the label warning) - This is a painkiller medication (Tylenol #3) which contains the opioid codeine and is rather addictive if taken long term.

Given Spencer's previous instances of stealing supplies, it is a pretty safe bet that he will begin stealing painkillers from TJ when he runs out. (foreshadowed by TJ complaining that she had to use some of their precious drugs to knock out Telford when he was abusing Young's body.)

From the transcript:
        TELFORD: What did you ...

(He breathes heavily, then falls back onto the bed, unconscious. Johansen calmly starts packing her kit again.)

MEHTA: That was supposed to be for the pain! What did you give to him?

(Johansen picks up Telford's feet and swings him around so that he's lying flat on the bed.)

JOHANSEN: A strong sedative - which we are desperately short on and I should not have had to use - just so that Colonel Young can return to a body in working condition.

Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          McKay is busy with the some other things, which will be explained in the SGA-movie, or at least in the written script of the SGA movie McKay is busy so that coincides with the events in SGU.

Carter is busy with something else.

You're focusing too much on Carter and McKay in specific, I think.
          Well, if I'm not clear enough, then let me try to put it this way: You have a natural disaster. As the leader of a government, do you send in your best people to help? Or just the second-rates while keeping your best in reserve?

Partially, the writers have written themselves into this corner, by making Mckay an Carter so incredibly smart, that almost every single problem has been solved by them. Or at least, no one else has been seen solving the highly technological problems.

It's created an expectation by viewers like me, that they are Earth's best, and thus cracking an ancient database code and/or helping to figure out the ship would be right up their alley. Maybe the characters themselves are busy with a movie plot, but it's really hard to figure that out. Especially considering the fact that Carter seemed very free in the premiere.

I don't mind if they are tied up elsewhere. In fact, a golden opportunity to address this was in "Earth" where Jack said something to the effect of: "Carter saved my ass a lot of times using stuff I didn't understand." Perhaps Young could have replied: "Well, then, why isn't Carter here? Or wasn't there some brilliant scientists on the Atlantis project who really understand Ancient tech?"

Jack could then have replied: "Carter is tied up in a top-secret mission, and Atlantis is also tied up in a different top-secret mission."

Obviously, my phrasings aren't the best, but something like that. It lets long time viewers know that both of the brilliant minds of the SG universe won't be available for awhile.

It's just that long-time viewers like myself, pretty much expect those two to be on all the top projects, and I think the ninth Chevron Ancient Ship kinda qualifies, at least to hear Rush tell it; and the IOA seems to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
            Eli is a techno-geek from Gen Y, he grew up with technology, programming and all that sort of stuff as opposed to most scientists who grew up in a generation before that was readily available. It's common sense that he'd be more able to figure out technology, especially when he spent so much time playing Prometheus which had a version of the ancient language in it already.
            Wow! You seem very sure of yourself. Generation Y wasn't the first to grow up with computers. I was born in 1976 (Generation X), and I had a computer in my house for all of my life. I have way more experiences with computers than any Generation Y punk. My first computer experience was with a Commander 64 in the year 1980. (I was 4 years old learning binary and basic, and I was 10 when I learned a mutant form of C++). Unlike Generation Y's experiences with computers, Generation X doesn't naively leave our personal information lying around for strangers to find. Why? We know better from experience.

Eli was a mathematician. Did you miss that? It doesn't matter what Generation he was from. Its all about personal motivation and interest.

Look back at history before you make such foolish comments.

FYI - Even though we have new operating systems, they haven't changed drastically enough since the late 1990s. How do I know? What do you think I have a degree in?
            Last edited by Col. Tomorian; 22 November 2009, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ichigo121873 View Post
              Because in the course of 42 minutes they'd fix everything on the ship, dial Earth, return home, and destroy the Lucian Alliance.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                So, we saw what Spencer was like off his meds... What were they? ADHD meds? What will he do? kill someone?
                Wtf people with ADHD aren't mental................ I get so sick of crap like that wtf... i seriously can't even believe you said that.

...i happen to agree though what ever the meds are he is running out and is going to flip it is beyond obvious.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yusagi View Post
                  The chair looks really interesting, but I was disappointed not to see it as the command chair. I had brief hope that we'd be driving toward something when Rush said that the Icarus planet was in the distance.
                  (I deleted the spoiler tags, since this is the thread to discuss the episode.)

They will use it. They just haven't figured out if it's safe to use yet. And this is one reason that SGU takes some getting used to after SGA. If this were SGA, McKay would've figured out how to safely use the chair, integrate the database into their computer systems, and figured out how to use it to dial
                  Atlantis. After, of course, triggering some sort of self-destruct system and freaking out about it, and preventing it from going off with one second left.

And the chair would never be mentioned again in future episodes.
                  Last edited by Yoshi442; 22 November 2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ichigo121873 View Post
                    Because they all died off screen. Now can we stop talking about them?

Well, if I'm not clear enough, then let me try to put it this way: You have a natural disaster. As the leader of a government, do you send in your best people to help? Or just the second-rates while keeping your best in reserve?
                    OK, for a serious answer now. I think it's wrong to operate under the assumption that rescuing these people from the Destiny is on the top of SGC's list right now. Or even top 10 for that matter. The ship is galaxies away and cannot dial Earth, thus presents no threat to Earth (which would move it to the top of the list). Nobody of particular individual importance is aboard. In my mind, it's pretty clear that the SGC is not burning the midnight oil over these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
                      I think we can agree the body swap sex is wrong. What we need is for TPTB to address this issue, hopefully it the next few episodes. Another problem presented by the stones is that of spencer. By the look of the trailer for next weeks episode
                      Spoiler:
                      i think its spencer who killed himself
                      . If im wrong though this subplot would be possible. We all saw spencer taking "E". What if during his turn to use the stones he gets himself a fix? The airman who swapped bodies with him has aninstant drug problem. That is a problem that need addressing. TPTB cant show us a druggy then not follow up on it. Loose ends kill shows.
                      again with people making a guess a spoiler... it can't be a spoiler if no one has seen it... geeesh,,,
                      My Story:
                      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                        I just want some sentient aliens. Smart non-human aleins would be terrific! The little bug things were cool, but left me wanting more.
                        Me too, I'm still wanting for more and I found this episode to be pleasurable too, so I'm just looking forward to what is still to come and I don't think it's such a big problem there weren't aliens in this episode.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

At least this series is not that crap V (2009 series). They completely lost me when they tried to throw in the terrorist angle. Its that stupid angle shows have been using these days.

Comment

Originally posted by OutandAboot View Post
                            Try not to make too many assumptions.
                            We actually don't know if Camille and Sharon did it.
                            They are sitting on the bed and begin kissing-so if you saw two heterosexuals would you not think that it went to that.

Also that's sort of a rule of thumb within the film world (unless it's a married couple with kids) that sex is being initiated.

And uhm they pretty much indicated later that they had there was a comment from Camille about the difference of the body.

Comment

all of the well woven threads of a plot can be cut by good scissors.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibblette View Post
                                They are sitting on the bed and begin kissing-so if you saw two heterosexuals would you not think that it went to that.

Also that's sort of a rule of thumb within the film world (unless it's a married couple with kids) that sex is being initiated.

And uhm they pretty much indicated later that they had there was a comment from Camille about the difference of the body.
                                All which is still random speculation. You can infer all you want but I have yet to see proof that sex was used. They weren't even on the bed when the kiss occured.

And the part about Wray being in a different body she was talking about taste.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X