X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea same here Kael

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      I think Rush realised a long time ago that Young neither likes nor trusts him. As for his posse, I think they joined him rather than him recruiting. Young is exclusive not inclusive. That whole 'Everyone has to get fit' thing and having military personnel screaming at civilians. It's clearly starting to cause resentment and the scientists, at least, are going to the one person who has on occasion stood up to Young. That much was obvious from what Volker said about the chair: 'You're going to get the blame.'
      Encouraging everybody to exercise is one thing, but I thought the "boot camp" thing was going overboard especially with middle aged scientists. Fine for the military people, that's a big part of their job description. Couldn't they have set up a basic aerobics class or something for the others instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Kael View Post
        But I did say last week's episode "Time" was an exception. Now that was a fantastic piece of television and worthy of the Stargate name. Please make more (and by 'more' I mean 'all') episodes like that one; with adventure, danger, action, mystery, Stargates, aliens, science fiction; that sort of thing. The sort of thing EVERYONE HERE likes and is a fan of, and normally the sort of thing SGU just doesn't have. I miss Stargate.
        I dunno, I am a fan of a show with good character development and a story that takes my interest. It doesn't have the have big bangs and action to do it, actually half the time those stories beyond the "ohh, pretty action and special effects" are kinda poor in the plot and/or character department and the writing isn't up to scratch.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
          Encouraging everybody to exercise is one thing, but I thought the "boot camp" thing was going overboard especially with middle aged scientists. Fine for the military people, that's a big part of their job description. Couldn't they have set up a basic aerobics class or something for the others instead?
          I think the scientists should have refused to do it personally, and I think that's going to start happening more and more as the military (really meaning Young and Greer) continue their bully boy act.
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

can't disagree there

however...if the goal might be to build some solidarity, you can't separate the groups. it can't become 'us' vs 'them'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
              I think the scientists should have refused to do it personally, and I think that's going to start happening more and more as the military (really meaning Young and Greer) continue their bully boy act.
              wasn't it spencer that was pushing so hard?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So who else was hoping that the planet Rush was talking about was actually real? Would've been nice if there was actually some kind of one year goal that they all seemed to be workign on. I mean sure I don't want the show to end in one year but by then the writers could think of some elaborate story around that planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Have I mentioned I am terrible with names? Yes, Spencer was pushing to hard then - Young and Greer weren't a problem in that moment... but they are very exclusive and at times superior in the way they act, and that isn't going down well with the civs on board.

I know if I were there I'd be unimpressed.

Comment

There's a use for Chloe: teach yoga. Why not, most everyone else is in way over their heads. Heck, maybe Chloe in a leotard would be great motivation for some of the middle aged guy scientists.

Comment

Yep, it was Spencer.
                      sigpic

Comment

There's a use for Chloe: teach yoga. Why not, most everyone else is in way over their heads. Heck, maybe Chloe in a leotard would be great motivation for some of the middle aged guy scientists.
                        Not just the middle age men

Okay serious time. Thats a great idea. Sometimes Western philosphy underestimates how benefical yoga. It exercises the muscles in a different way but its exercise
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

can't disagree there

however...if the goal might be to build some solidarity, you can't separate the groups. it can't become 'us' vs 'them'
                          But it's already us vs them and that's down to Young.

Comment

This was another episode I thought was good. I had few complaints. I've enjoyed the show more these last few outings. But at the end of the day, the general problems they are facing aren't as interesting as the ones that the team were dealing with in SGA.

I'm far less interested in whether Eli will get the girl or whether Young's wife will leave him for Telford than I am the conflicts with the wraith or Sheppard's increasingly desperate efforts to make sure he can still save everyone.

I know this is a drama show, but that doesn't mean more can't happen.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                              But it's already us vs them and that's down to Young.
                              The lines were drawn from the beginning between civilians and military. If anything, those lines are getting blurred on their own. Scott and Chloe being the most obvious, but if I recall correctly Lt. James' little group included both civilian and military people. Oddly that group included Spencer, who now seems like he doesn't have any use for civilians at all. Then there's that one scientist who seems slightly paranoid about the military being in charge. Can't forget Park, who really seems to like men in uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
                                Eli is a techno-geek from Gen Y, he grew up with technology, programming and all that sort of stuff as opposed to most scientists who grew up in a generation before that was readily available. It's common sense that he'd be more able to figure out technology, especially when he spent so much time playing Prometheus which had a version of the ancient language in it already. (You see geeks now who can understand elvish, klingon, binary, etc... better then the people who invented those languages).

Eli is a geek, it's as simple as that and that's readily proven in many episodes based on him so far. Plus with Eli spending so much time with Rush, or playing with "new space-stuff" he's obviously going to be able to detect markers most scientists won't. Especially if he spends time with Rush, he'll end up learning how Rush thinks and acts.
                                No matter how geeky he is it isn't realistic that he's better than others who worked with ancient language and programing way way longer So yeah this means that anyone else would have noticed the same as well. I tend to agree with OP.
                                The cake is a lie...

Comment

Working...
                                X