Fans of Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
    I agree with that, although I will say that I think his character has probably had control issues in the past, but kept them in check better. And the military discipline would have been a big contributing factor. Of course that is just speculation and my opinion. Now all the stress he is under with the ship command, and his wife is slowly breaking him down. I don't know how much longer he can put up with this constant mental barrage.
    He needs TJ, all there is to it

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      He needs TJ, all there is to it
      I would be shocked if they didn't start romping by seasons end.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        I would be shocked if they didn't start romping by seasons end.
        I was not trying to go there

Comment

I think he will take the high road and not give in to the lovely TJ, even after his wife serves his mind in another body with divorce papers. I wonder if that could hold up in court, your honor I was in another galaxy on a ship....

Comment

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
            I think he will take the high road and not give in to the lovely TJ, even after his wife serves his mind in another body with divorce papers. I wonder if that could hold up in court, your honor I was in another galaxy on a ship....
            Really though.
            Universe random spoilers more speculation:
            Spoiler:
            TJ's potential pregnancy. Who is going to be the father?

I mean I could see it happening, but somehow I do not think that we are quite going there yet.

Comment

I was not trying to go there
              Well, with all the romping going on, it be nice for TJ to get a romp. Lolz.

Perfecto!

Comment

Really though.
                Universe random spoilers more speculation:
                Spoiler:
                TJ's potential pregnancy. Who is going to be the father?

I mean I could see it happening, but somehow I do not think that we are quite going there yet.
                I've wondered about that too, and I think it is one of two people one very handsome, and the other sort of plain looking Ahhh Simpsons!

Comment

I like both the Rush and Young characters, and I have been defending Young's actions in Justice, but that doesn't mean I think it was the right thing to do.
                  He acted on an impulse leaving Rush behind like that. An impulse I believe may start to eat away at him a little. Rush did deserve a major a**-whupping though for what he tried to do to Young. There is no doubt about that for me.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    He acted on an impulse leaving Rush behind like that. An impulse I believe may start to eat away at him a little. Rush did deserve a major a**-whupping though for what he tried to do to Young. There is no doubt about that for me.
                    I agree. When Rush said "we'll never be done" that's when the decision was made.

Perfecto!

Comment

I agree. When Rush said "we'll never be done" that's when the decision was made.
                      I really think so too. You could see it on Young's face.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I really think so too. You could see it on Young's face.
                        Yeah just one example of the really good acting in the show, imo.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                          I tried really hard to like Young. And some of us don't just like Rush 'as a villain.' More like an antagonist, towards Young at least, at this point. The 'other side', but not yet a villain. Depending on what you think his motives are.

Look, telling soldiers to eat up, exercise, and brush their teeth every night doesn't make Young a good commander. His unwillingness to abandon his men comes closer to that. But after he went out on the town using his superior's body to have sex with his wife, beat Telford up using another person's body, and left Rush to die a slow, painful death? For now, I'm not on his side. Maybe he'll become a good leader.

So far, all he did was prove to me that Rush was right about him, imho. This is coming from someone with a military family. War makes villains of all men involved, depending on your POV. He's got to change before I'll side with him.
                          Telford isn't Young's superior. They are equals.

Young is not a bad man per se. Young probably has a lot more integrity than Rush in any case, and no, neither are perfect. But keep in mind that Young had the humility to step down willingly, once when he gave command of the search over to Scott and two when he ceded control to Wray. So, no, Young isn't some egotistical and murderous control freak that many seem to be portraying him as. He does have some character flaws, his temper being one of them. But you do have to keep in mind all the crap he had to go through as well. Losing one's reputation is not a light thing. what Rush did was to not only undermine his leadership, but effectively portray Young as someone who was not to be trusted. His actions sowed discord and division among the crew (although surprisingly, it doesn't seem like anyone other than Wray was particularly angered that Spencer was dead).

Keep in mind that Rush stranded them on the Destiny in the first place, because of his own selfishness and impatience. He lied to them about the Icarus-like planet, framed Young for murder so that Rush could get unfettered access to the chair. Compared to Young, Rush has done more to negatively affect the crew (besides Young stranding Rush).
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

i like young
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I did really like Young, but his recent actions with Rush and Teleford have turned me very much against him. He'll have a lot of redeeming to do.

Comment

Young just got fed up.

Honestly I get the sense of lately that he is a deeply disciplined man, that yet has a temper, but everything is piling up on him at once...this situation that he did not know. He is now in command of a ship that he does not want, he is now in commad of a crew that does not want him and he does not want to lead, he does not want to excersise his real power and authority for the reasons of his past (i think) he wants to be with his wife and try to be there to repair his relationship with her. He wants, so desperatly, to get that done, but yet Telford is there spreading lies about him, and he is trapped on the other side of the universe with no way to deal with that situation properly, and plus he has a bunch of malcontents on board the ship that are hell bent of undermining his authority every chance they get. I think he just cracked.
                                I agree. He has no control of what's going on at home at all, and in charge of a barely manageable situation at work that he CAN'T get away from.

I like Young, he's one of those people that seems to thrive on being good at his job, wants people to like him, understands that forcing things on people isn't always the right way.

The problem is that he holds so much in trying to be the "good guy" that when the bad comes out, it is really bad, out of control and handled poorly.
                                SGU fangirl

Comment

Working...
                                X