Waiting 4 months is gonna suck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gallienus View Post
    I want to point out that as a person who watched Battlestar Galactica throughout its run a four month break is nothing to worry about. Consider that between Season 3 and 4 of BSG the show was on hiatus between March 25 2007 and April 4 2008 in the US, not counting the one-off "Razor" movie that represented the first two Episodes of BSG's fourth season. And that wasn't the only mega-break with which viewers of BSG had to contend, there was, for example, a seven month hiatus between the End of Season 2 in March 06 and the start of Season 3 in October 06. Guess I just wanted to put the four month break in perspective. My only irritation is that the purported replacement for SGU in the 9pm Friday time slot is Caprica. Most unfortunate.
    Uh ... BSG had constantly declining ratings. I think viewers get really annoyed with these breaks. Not only do we get 2-4 fewer episodes a season than most network shows, we have a cliffhanger every 10 episodes, which many times are forced because the writers know they have to hook the audience as much as possible.

I know I definitely completely lost interest in BSG with the huge gaps (the declining quality of the show didn't help either).

Caprica replacing this show will not be good for the time slot. Not only are the poor sales of Caprica's pilot dvd (something like 40k copies) a huge reason why MGM is not bothering to start work on more SG-1 or SGA movies (even though BSG sucks and is a different audience). I will not be satiated by the show. BSG sucked at the end and the Caprica pilot was awful. I will be leaving the timeslot and I bet a lot of other people will too hurting SGU's momentum. I bet Caprica's ratings will be abysmal as well; something like 1.5 million at premier and quickly plummetting to under 1 million and cancellation within 13 episodes. The brand equity is not there for audiences to keep tuning in. Maybe that will mean sci fi will rush the SGU season foward.

I'm just kind of annoyed. I didn't realize this would be a 4 month break. If I had known I would've not watched this episode until right before the start of season 1.5.

Comment

Having to wait until April is just plain stupid. There is no need to take that long of a break. Sometimes the lengths of these hiatus' really annoy me.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It is going to be a hard few months of waiting. I know he's going to come back on the ship, but I can't wait to find out how, and what he will do. I bet he won't call out Young right away, but string Young along to wonder when the bomb will drop.

Comment

Rush repairs the alien ship, begins chase to catch up with Destiny.

Of course, having spent time repairing the ship, this will take a while, gaining on Destiny each time they make a gate stop.
          How he knows Destiny's course is unknown. Plot fail. (Yes, I have them in my head-show).

Along the way he encounters a humanoid alien stranded in an escape pod after his ship was destroyed.

Gay sex follows, taking up two-thirds of each episode.

Alien ship finally catches Destiny, Rush and alien boyfriend beam aboard.
          Young attempts to have Rush locked up to avoid his secret being told, Rush's alien boyfriend eats Young.

Series ends. Cue season 2 trailer.

Y/Y?

Comment

Originally posted by kaliel View Post
            Rush repairs the alien ship, begins chase to catch up with Destiny.

Of course, having spent time repairing the ship, this will take a while, gaining on Destiny each time they make a gate stop.
            How he knows Destiny's course is unknown. Plot fail. (Yes, I have them in my head-show).
            Not a plot fail.

Remember, they were able to contact the seeder ships. and Destiny is following their course. Rush is anal enough to have memorized the next dozen or so possible rest points and some of the addresses assigned.

Comment

This just shows how much SyFy blows.

4 month wait? You kidding me?

If in one month we will see it on space... thats good, i just hope we can get it on hulu.

Comment

Still just a rumour....
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by desertrat1979 View Post
                  There is another plausible theory. There is a stargate still on the planet. Perhaps Rush has a DHD in the gear he may still have. He is smart enough to figure out another gate address. He can do one of two things. Jump to a planet, one with a space faring race, or hopscotch his way to a point where Destiny may stop to dial.
                  The stargates in the previous two series covered their entire galaxies, right? You could be on one end of the Milky way and dial to the other end, it wasn't just about dialing in your own solar system. So couldn't Rush just keep dialing the ship until he tries it during one of their times out of hyperspace? I'm assuming you can't connect to the ship while it's in hyperspace but if Rush has memorized the Destiny's future course he could keep trying the next dozen addresses until he gets lucky.
                  “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
                  ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

Originally posted by CarnalPIE View Post
                    The stargates in the previous two series covered their entire galaxies, right? You could be on one end of the Milky way and dial to the other end, it wasn't just about dialing in your own solar system. So couldn't Rush just keep dialing the ship until he tries it during one of their times out of hyperspace? I'm assuming you can't connect to the ship while it's in hyperspace but if Rush has memorized the Destiny's future course he could keep trying the next dozen addresses until he gets lucky.
                    Yeah he could try that but it would be pretty risky everytime he stepped through the gate because he has no kino to check things out first.

Comment

That's true. And we do have a hint that Rush is a bit of a coward. But what's his alternative? Eating sand? LOL
                      “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
                      ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

That's true. And we do have a hint that Rush is a bit of a coward. But what's his alternative? Eating sand? LOL
                        Who knows? There's been alot of speculation about it though. I think this is where the show starts getting creative.....hopefully. We have 4 months to dream of all the possibilities.

Comment

What's going to happen between Young and Rush when Rush returns?

I'm guessing they'll strike a deal. Young will agree not to reveal Rush's treason to the rest of the crew, and Rush will agree not to reveal that Young marooned him.

Comment

If that was the case the ship would stay at one spot until it was ready to leave the galaxy. It's been established that these are a more primitive model of the Stargate, and they don't have a long reach.

Comment

Yes. Except that we've been told by Joe Mallozzi that these gates are prototypes and don't have the range that we've seen before, so that won't work.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                                Wait what about Sky in the UK and the other international networks which show SGU and don't have these stupid mid series breaks? Won't they continue showing SGU?

I remember with Atlantis series 5, the UK screenings overtook the US one since the US had a short break. I believe the same happened with the last series of Heroes and the BBC's screening of it.
                                Season 5 did not have any hiatus it ran straight through. From July all the way till Jan, well with a 3 week break for the Holidays which is hardly a hiatus. So the US was always ahead of the UK for that season.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                                Is the UK getting the second half of S1 ahead of the US again then?
                                Maybe. MGM has a seperate contract with Sky than they do with SyFy. So if that happens, folks only have to wait a month.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X