No announcement yet.

Waiting 4 months is gonna suck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...is there a 4 month break or what? Because if that's the case then the dvds come out Before the TV series resumes. I see it being absolutely stupid to do that.

Comment

Apparently we'll see "Space" (the next episode) in January. (on Space Channel)

Comment

There's only a 1 month break until the next episodes are shown on Space, from what i heard.

Comment

If Rush has a DHD device in his bag then if he dials the ship will Destiny stop for his call?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
            There's only a 1 month break until the next episodes are shown on Space, from what i heard.
            That is good to know. Where did you find that info?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by desertrat1979 View Post
              There is another plausible theory. There is a stargate still on the planet. Perhaps Rush has a DHD in the gear he may still have. He is smart enough to figure out another gate address. He can do one of two things. Jump to a planet, one with a space faring race, or hopscotch his way to a point where Destiny may stop to dial. He has two ways off that planet. The crashed ship that he may be able to repair, or put the stargate to use.
              There are now then several possibilities for how Rush rejoins the Destiny.

Catatonic man regains consciousness and pilots Destiny back to Rush's planet. He then either looses his acquired ancient information or dies.

Rush hop scotches through the Stargates and contacts/dials Destiny somehow.

Rush finds a member of an alien race on the planet or contacts them somehow via the ship. They come to rescue him and take him to the Destiny. Rush could also fix the ship and fly it to catch up with the Destiny, but I think introducing aliens makes for a much better story.

Upon reflection, the writers must plan somehow to introduce the alien ship and (likely) the race that created it much more fully into SGU's ongoing story arc. They could have had utilized any reason to stop at the planet, why have them discover it to begin with. Not further developing the ship's story arc imo would be a waste. It is time to move on from survival story only issues.
              Last edited by Blackhole; 05 December 2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                There are now then several possibilities for how Rush rejoins the Destiny.

Catatonic man regains consciousness and pilots Destiny back to Rush's planet. He then either looses his acquired ancient information or dies.

Rush finds a member of an alien race on the planet or contacts them somehow via the ship. They come to rescue him and take him to the Destiny. Rush could also fix the ship and fly it to catch up with the Destiny, but I think introducing aliens makes for a much better story.

Upon reflection, the writers must plan somehow to introduce the alien ship and (likely) the race that created it much more fully into SGU's ongoing story arc. They could have had utilized any reason to stop at the planet, why have them discover it to begin with. Not further developing the ship's story arc imo would be a waste. It is time to move on from survival story only issues.
                Spoiler:
                4. Chuck Norris emerges from the ship. Him and rush hopscoth back to the destiny. Chuck beats up young, and then takes command.

That ship looks similar in design (Not the same) as the one from Air ptIII I think he will activate some kind of beacon on the crashed ship. And the one from Air will find him and catch up with destiny.
                sigpic

Comment

Wait what about Sky in the UK and the other international networks which show SGU and don't have these stupid mid series breaks? Won't they continue showing SGU?

I remember with Atlantis series 5, the UK screenings overtook the US one since the US had a short break. I believe the same happened with the last series of Heroes and the BBC's screening of it.
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                    Wait what about Sky in the UK and the other international networks which show SGU and don't have these stupid mid series breaks? Won't they continue showing SGU?

I remember with Atlantis series 5, the UK screenings overtook the US one since the US had a short break. I believe the same happened with the last series of Heroes and the BBC's screening of it.
                    I don't remember in SGA S5 the UK overtaking us. Anyway it depends on the contract between MGM and Sky 1.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I want to point out that as a person who watched Battlestar Galactica throughout its run a four month break is nothing to worry about. Consider that between Season 3 and 4 of BSG the show was on hiatus between March 25 2007 and April 4 2008 in the US, not counting the one-off "Razor" movie that represented the first two Episodes of BSG's fourth season. And that wasn't the only mega-break with which viewers of BSG had to contend, there was, for example, a seven month hiatus between the End of Season 2 in March 06 and the start of Season 3 in October 06. Guess I just wanted to put the four month break in perspective. My only irritation is that the purported replacement for SGU in the 9pm Friday time slot is Caprica. Most unfortunate.

Comment

if this was sg1 or sga, it'd be a very plausible story line. but i remember the writers saying that there will be no rubber-faced english speaking aliens in sgu. so it'd be a huge jump to go from making first contact -> understanding each other -> rescue mission, all in one episode.

i really wonder how the writers are going to deal with aliens in the show. we know they exist (the pod leaving destiny in air pt 3), but it makes sense to me that they will be a nameless entity that will act independently and aggressively.

Comment

I doubt it is that one as he has no way to know (from what i can tell) what destinies direction is? ANd no way to dial the gate even if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Nah will only have to wait a month.
                            Is the UK getting the second half of S1 ahead of the US again then?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Rumour mill says Space (here in Canada) is resuming in January. So far it's still a rumour though, there's been no confirmation from Space.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If it resumes on Space earlier than on Syfy, Space puts its episodes on its website, right, locked by country? I can work with that. Otherwise... 4 months is going to be painful. Not as bad as the break between full seasons when the halves air back-to-back, and it puts S1 and S2 closer together, but still...
                                Why are Stargate scientists so awesome?

Comment

Working...
                                X