This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    Young set the tone by objecting and had Rush get involved to protect the crew.
    Rush wouldn have done it either way. He was not influenced by Young. Ever.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Sensible and doesn't actually prevent the issuing of orders, it merely allows the issuing of orders that won't kill everyone because the person who has a clue has said, 'Sure, that won't kill everyone; by all means dial the stargate.'

A totally arseabout way of doing things.
      IF Rush explained to Young what the issue was instead of just screaming he would have been acknowledged earlier. Rush didn't have a clue what the power situation was and had he just admited that and told Young they need to carefully ascertain the situation first, then a rational decision would have been made regarding exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
        Rush wouldn have done it either way. He was not influenced by Young. Ever.
        Getting left on a planet isn't being influenced?

Comment

IF Rush explained to Young what the issue was instead of just screaming he would have been acknowledged earlier. Rush didn't have a clue what the power situation was and had he just admited that and told Young they need to carefully ascertain the situation first, then a rational decision would have been made regarding exploration.
          I agree with this.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Not by any definition of influence I know.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Well it means that the crew "isn't being influenced" by Rush anymmore, and I find that a good thing.
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, because being saddled with mr Emo colonel himself is a great deal better. At least Rush had the knowledge to fix some problems. What has Young got except a temper and the tendencay to his superior Officers?
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Yeah, because being saddled with mr Emo colonel himself is a great deal better. At least Rush had the knowledge to fix some problems. What has Young got except a temper and the tendencay to his superior Officers?
                  Good hair?
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                    Good hair?
                    ....hmmm.....actually, on closer inspection, not even that....how the hell he made colonel, I'll never know.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

....hmmm.....actually, on closer inspection, not even that....how the hell he made colonel, I'll never know.
                      Lots of hair products.

Comment

Except there is stil a possibility, no matter the reasons Rush may have dialed Destiny, that he was right.

After all the explosions on base would have always caused power spikes to the stargate. There is nothing to say in current Stargate physics that Rush was wrong.
                        Not really. The chance of an explosion was just as likely regarrdless of what planet was dialed. Might as well risk an uninhabited where you know what is on the other side. But Rush didn't because above all else he believes he is entitled to getting more then everyone else
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Experence with leading and mangaging various resources
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
                            Young set the tone by objecting and had Rush get involved to protect the crew.
                            Young didn't get Rush involved. Rush acted on his own with the help of some of the scientists at the end. I always felt after the Wray scene that she was asking him to do something but that's my speculation. At the end, Scott says something like 'You scared the crap out of everyone; you could have warned us' and Rush says that he didn't know who was on his side. Young had nothing to do with it.

I think you perhaps missed the bit where Rush was suffering from caffeine and nicotine withdrawal.

What Rush said was that it looked like they were losing power and he didn't know why. Given that Young says later that Rush is the best qualified person (my paraphrase), you'd think Young would take some notice of what he has say.

Not by any definition of influence I know.
                            Likewise. How is that Rush being influenced?

Well, presumably he was okay once. But then history is full of military people getting promoted after proving themselves completely incompetent. I suppose the SGC, just on numbers alone, isn't above failure in this.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Not really. The chance of an explosion was just as likely regarrdless of what planet was dialed. Might as well risk an uninhabited where you know what is on the other side. But Rush didn't because above all else he believes he is entitled to getting more then everyone else
                            And your proof of this is?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Experence with leading and mangaging various resources
                            And as a research scientist and doctor who would have had to have done teaching stints, Rush would also have experience in leading and managing resources. Military people, as much as I admire them, do not have a monopoly on this.
                            Last edited by EllieVee; 18 January 2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post

And as a research scientist and doctor who would have had to have done teaching stints, Rush would also have experience in leading and managing resources. Military people, as much as I admire them, do not have a monopoly on this.
                              I would have hated to have been in any of his classes.
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                                I would have hated to have been in any of his classes.
                                Just as he'd probably hate to have particular students, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X