This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    I dunno, I think watching Rush for an entire episode do a Castaway type thing would be immensely interesting...

And no, I am not being sarcastic for a change.
    I don't think I could handle Rush's intense psychotic tantrums for a solid ep.
    Part of Castaways storline was the building of emotions tensions. Rush is already there, no where to go that would fill an entire ep. IMO
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      I don't think I could handle Rush's intense psychotic tantrums for a solid ep.
      Part of Castaways storline was the building of emotions tensions. Rush is already there, no where to go that would fill an entire ep. IMO
      What tense psychotic tantrums? He's had one meltdown due to caffeine and nicotine withdrawal ...

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        What tense psychotic tantrums? He's had one meltdown due to caffeine and nicotine withdrawal ...
        Its a what if scenario. What if Rush was the center of a Castway parody which if you remember the movie is mainly about the psychosis of the main character
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Its a what if scenario. What if Rush was the center of a Castway parody which if you remember the movie is mainly about the psychosis of the main character
          Perhaps Girlbot could clarify what she meant?

Comment

It was pretty obvious reading the whole conversation
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              It was pretty obvious reading the whole conversation
              Perhaps Girlbot could clarify ...

Comment

Perhaps Girlbot could clarify what she meant?
                What I meant was that the Castaway character progressed from a normal human being into the crazed man who tried to kill himself. We see the progression thru the movie and that is what made it fascinating. Rush is already IMO a psychologically damaged personality even without the , as you call, it one meltdown. If he were a castaway, there wouldn't be much of a storyline left to build, he's already there, except for the suicidal tendencies. But then again ego maniacs don't get suicidal.
                Hope that clarifies it.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

I dunno, I think watching Rush for an entire episode do a Castaway type thing would be immensely interesting...

...boring IMHO *shudders at the thought*
                  sigpic

Comment

If that means you're going to stop watching, bye.
                    It doesn't mean anything but what it said.

Kill me...
                    Kill me now...

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    I freaking LOVED Cast Away. It's one of my favorite movies.

So yeah, Rush as Tom Hanks as Chuck Noland and a KINO as Wilson? BRING IT ON.

Eh? I thought you prefered standalones that wrapped up their plot threads at the end?
                    Negative, General. I never said that.
                    Don't listen to the scuttlebutt, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      ...boring IMHO *shudders at the thought*
                      Spoiler:

According to spoilers, this castaway thing will happens to Greer instead. While building a shelter near a Stargate, he'll take some time to think about his childhood. Another great episode in perspective...NOT! Greer is an OK character, but the episode sounds boring. Maybe the other storylines of the episode will be better...
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                        What I meant was that the Castaway character progressed from a normal human being into the crazed man who tried to kill himself. We see the progression thru the movie and that is what made it fascinating. Rush is already IMO a psychologically damaged personality even without the , as you call, it one meltdown. If he were a castaway, there wouldn't be much of a storyline left to build, he's already there, except for the suicidal tendencies. But then again ego maniacs don't get suicidal.
                        Hope that clarifies it.
                        Except there are a lot of different ways to do a castaway type of story, the character doesn't have to go through the same progression for it to be similar.

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                        Spoiler:

According to spoilers, this castaway thing will happens to Greer instead. While building a shelter near a Stargate, he'll take some time to think about his childhood. Another great episode in perspective...NOT! Greer is an OK character, but the episode sounds boring. Maybe the other storylines of the episode will be better...
                        Yes, because spoilers are the best way to determine what really happens in an episode.
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                          Spoiler:

Such is the SGU trend.

Yes, because spoilers are the best way to determine what really happens in an episode.
                          "I am glad of all details, whether they seem to you to be relevant or not."~Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            "I am glad of all details, whether they seem to you to be relevant or not."~Sherlock Holmes
                            Such an interesting quote spoilers aren't really details they are rarely even fully confirmed. Much of the time it's supposition based on 3rd, 4th and 5th hand information, something the dear Sherlock would never assume to be accurate.

Taking spoilers at face value isn't the worlds greatest idea - but if you choose too, more power to ya.
                            Last edited by Deevil; 06 January 2010, 09:45 AM.
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                              When is the show back, Jan/Feb...or later???
                              New episodes start up in april
                              "The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, & weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't."
                              -Brom in Eragon

Comment

Originally posted by Kyarra View Post
                                New episodes start up in april

Quite a While....
                                I'm not sure it deserve the anticipation. I may decided to pick it back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X