Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how I feel... I used to like Young but it seems like he has too much freedom and not handling it very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      I have little respect for Young now...go Rush!
      I'm the exact opposite. Rush deserved it. He has being mainpulating people since Air.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        well thankfully i don't read spoilers and articles i was complety surprised
        Er, people guessing this were in the pre-episode thread, watching the show and making that assumption halfway through. Not from spoilers / articles...

Comment

id just like to know how the heck they will be able to have rush and young reconcile after what just happened. Its gonna be some akward stuff whenever rush shows back up on destiny. A decent episode although i cringed when i heard the reference to the stones yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I'm the exact opposite. Rush deserved it. He has being mainpulating people since Air.
            i still like rush but i'll be happy to see him off destiny for a while.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Agreed. It crosses the line when you start framing people for murder.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Er, people guessing this were in the pre-episode thread, watching the show and making that assumption halfway through. Not from spoilers / articles...
                Yup...was easy to do...
                sigpic

Comment

Young didn't commit a murder. He triad and sentenced Rush to death for Mutiny and inciting the crew against their commanding officer.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    It was kind of obvious but I think the why and how are just as important as the who.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh yeah, he definitely deserved it, but Young didn't have to stoop to his level and lie about things. But I think my view of Rush as my favorite character is getting in the way, so I may be a little biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Oh yeah, he definitely deserved it, but Young didn't have to stoop to his level and lie about things. But I think my view of Rush as my favorite character is getting in the way, so I may be a little biased.
                        See...I've not cared from roles the actor who plays Rush has had in the past. So, that paints my view of him. Even though he's stuck on the planet...he's gonna be back somehow...
                        sigpic

Comment

seeing young stamp his boot of authority a little more was nice to see with that tiny little bit with wray.

Comment

Humm,

To the people who are saying that Rush fixing the ship and flying it back (If that happens) is kind of unrealistic, honestly ... I am not sure I agree. I know people who can pick up another person's computer and in seconds use it just as good as they can. Or who take apart electronics of all different kinds and can fix any of them despite it being the first time using it. I know people are going to go "Space ships are a little different" but lets consider this guy has probably worked with at least a half dozen different kinds of technology including ancient, which as we know is one of the hardest technologies to understand out there. For many years they had no idea what they were doing with it till they got to Atlantis. Carter was able to pick up on it quick though in that episode of Season 8 where they found Janus' time machine.

Rush being able to pick up on a new technology with how experienced and smart he is, doesn't strike me as being that unrealistic. I think its fairly believable especially considering that in our own current day, there are people who can learn different programming languages almost overnight. Some people are very smart, and Rush is obviously one of them. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

- CB
                            Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                            Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

I liked the episode overall: perhaps not the cliffhangeriest of cliffhangers: it's hard to make something truly suspenseful when you know deep down everyone's going to be okay-ish. It was still an interesting episode, though, and I can't wait until the rest of the season airs!

And I want to see what can of worms will be opened when Rush gets back and tells them that Young is lying about the rockslide. However, I can't really dislike either Rush or Young: I see where they're both coming from, though I think it was horribly stupid of Young to leave the only guy who can read Ancient fluently back on the planet. Young does want to get home, right?
                              Why are Stargate scientists so awesome?

Comment

i don't think rush'll catch up in episode 11, likely episode 18 or 19
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X