Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pretty sure this event is going to lead to the enemy SGU will have. Rush will prob tinker around and alert that races people and be the first steps to the enemy being introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      so you knew rush did it ??? you knew that rush would be left on the planet?? you knew that guy was going to get in the chair.

??
      That Rush did it and framed Young...yes...

The chair and getting stranded...no...

The episode just had a bland and predictable air about it.
      sigpic

Comment

What about Chole? This was the best she has been in the entire series.

The Chair was more bloody than I expected. And to think Beckett complained about sitting in the Atlantis Chair.

Comment

Good episode and mid-season cliffhanger...

If/when Rush gets back, Young is screwed as a leader.
          sigpic
          Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Well, at least for me, some aspects were obvious (too much Magnum PI, Ellery Queen and CSI, perhaps?) Spencer committing suicide was pretty a given. Plus, the press on the show warned once upon a time "Suicide!"

I'm hazarding that Spencer was on anti-depressants for two reasons 1) withdrawal from oxy or other painkillers would have been horribly obvious, and 2) his last words talkingabout a 'giant floating coffin' or words to that effect, and he was pretty calm about offing himself.

I was sorta guessing maybe franklin found the gun, so he could be the first to try the chair. Rush seemed too obvious, but definitely had to be a civilian. But in the end it was Rush, who has basically lost all credibility for his actions, mostly because he did it with a smile. He definitely subscribes to the 'end justifies the means' motto, far too well.

The court was fun to watch. Kangaroo court in action! And yes, for pity's sake, this is the one time using the stones to send in Gil Grissom woudl have made sense. But they wanted to hide their personal little horror, it seems, and will later just write it off as a suicide and neglect to probably mention the rest of the murder scenario muck.

Next episode? Rush returns, somehow. After all, he's got his own spiffy spaceship now. Not at ALL worried he'll be dead or off the show. He's the star!

Overall the episode was okay and perversely amusing cuz I guessed most of the plot ten minutes in....
            Didn't TJ say they were sleeping pills
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Didn't TJ say they were sleeping pills
              yes and spencer even said he was having trouble sleeping
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by les fleurs View Post
                What about Chole? This was the best she has been in the entire series.

The Chair was more bloody than I expected. And to think Beckett complained about sitting in the Atlantis Chair.
                I agree with you there!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
                  Good episode and mid-season cliffhanger...

If/when Rush gets back, Young is screwed as a leader.
                  that's why he wanted eli to back up the kino video

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    so you knew rush did it ??? you knew that rush would be left on the planet?? you knew that guy was going to get in the chair.

??
                    people already guessed that rush did it (in the previous "Justice" thread), and far too many news articles spoke of the ending on the planet. spaceship was a bonus, although does everything in SGu have to look rusty?? and yes, as soon as they were all drooling over the chair, w/o the pesky military to go "no way" it was pretty obvious some silly civilian would fry a few million neurons in the quest for knowledge (or fame).

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      I agree. FINALLY Chloe had something to do that doesn't involve getting knocked up or crying. I was glad for her character.
                      Amen...and Scott wasn't having sex in this episode!
                      sigpic

Comment

Woo, I'm so excited! Lots of stuff happened in this episode that I've been wanting to see. Very briefly:

It was cool to see Chloe being part of the hearing. It wasn't super lengthy, but it was very cool.

I also really enjoyed how the episode all seemed to be building to a point, and it really ended at that point. Furthermore, the fact that Rush has been left behind is interesting as we know that Rush is most likely not being written out of the show at this point. So it'll be very cool to see how this comes into play. Especially given the fact that the ship that Rush was left behind near is not of Ancient design, meaning it belongs/belonged to some other intelligent race. Hopefully this'll be an interesting introduction into more alien interaction and stuff.

While I was never too disappointed in SGU, I'm quite happy to see that it's beginning to go in a more tangible direction. Bring on the second half!
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

I have little respect for Young now...go Rush!

Comment

people already guessed that rush did it (in the previous "Justice" thread), and far too many news articles spoke of the ending on the planet. spaceship was a bonus, although does everything in SGu have to look rusty?? and yes, as soon as they were all drooling over the chair, w/o the pesky military to go "no way" it was pretty obvious some silly civilian would fry a few million neurons in the quest for knowledge (or fame).
                            well thankfully i don't read spoilers and articles i was complety surprised

Comment

Wow,

I think that about sums up my review of the episode. Lets go into a little more depth about the meaning of wow:

That was an amazing Mid-Season Finale. First off, all of the elements that it feels like we have been missing lately were there. There was quite a bit of focus on technology (without techno babble for those that don’t like that sort of thing) involving the ancient chair and the discovery of the ship, there was use of the Stargate and a new alien world, and everyone who was in the show actually was given a useful part.

For once, and I must stress this fact, Chloe had a real purpose beyond ‘relationship’. Actually, I was quite impressed by the way she was defending Young and not backing down from Wray during the small hearing they had. They gave her just enough fight in her saying she didn’t think she could without overstressing her nervousness.

I very much enjoyed Greer’s performance in regards to the ‘potato’ as well as the way he was ready to take the ship by force to help Young.

There was a lot of interaction with the sub-characters and we got to see them react to situations and really develop beyond the basic roles they had been given.

Young had a great role in this episode. The way he was willing not to lie about what had happened, stepping aside, and then doing exactly what he had just been on trial for with Spencer, but this time to Rush. I found it funny that he just got out of one murder and technically just committed another. He obviously doesn’t know that Rush is going to repair that shuttle and fly after them. (I am assuming that is what will happen) Worse yet, he lied about it just like he didn’t want them to do with Spencer’s ‘Murder’ showing that he is in fact capable of doing what they accused him of.

Rush, you have to love to hate him sometimes. He made an opportunity to have someone sit in the chair, framed Young, and was going crazy risking his and other people’s lives and being stranded on the planet to investigate the ship. I mean seriously, that guy will do anything for the ‘mission’ as he sees it. Anything to get his way. I have to admit, as much as a ******* as he can be, I enjoy watching him.

While it might not have been a huge cliffhanger, I think it wrapped up the first half of the season well. Lets hope that Chloe and Scott continue to have good performances and character growth, and that Eli continues to be awesome. While he is no Dr. McKay with his tech knowledge and problem solving skills, he seems to be the overall solution to pretty much any problem they come across.

Stargate Universe just gets better and better. It stumbles here and there, but it seems like the show always delivers.

- CB
                              Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                              Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Amen...it was easily predictable.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X