Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point being, leaving Rush on the planet did not make the ship a safer place. You don't ditch the guy who might be able to figure out the solution to your next life-threatening problem.
    sigpic

Comment

You don't rely on a guy who can't be trusted
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

And framing Young is not what i class as a putting everyone in jeopardy moment.. so we are left with just the 'sending them all there from Icarus, which what imo somewhat alieviated by him solving the air issue.

Comment

Sure it was. He deepen the divide of civillians and military. We saw what that effect had in Space and Divided.

He caused the issue in Air. He doesn get any points for that. They never would have had a problem if Rush hadn't created one. Sen. Armstrong wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for Rush
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            But was it stupid? Rush has endangered the crew multiple times. In an ideal situation Rush would be put in a jail cell but that is not possible given the situation
            Perfectly doable to have him confined to quarters! Marooning Rush...

Spoiler:
            ...just allowed him to play the victim card when he returned. Even Young later admitted it wasn't a good idea
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I really liked this one. It was obvious Rush had something to do with the "murder" and I wouldn't really know what to do myself, if I were in Young's shoes... He made a mistake I guess, but hey - Nobody on this show is perfect. And Rush certainly knows how to provoke the guy
                Awesome ep.

And in this thread there was some really close guesses to what happens next. I admit I haven't read all 100+ pages, but very good guessing...

My own first guess was, that they somehow fixed Destiny, and went back for Rush...
                Spoiler:
                obviously I didn't count for the aliens would show up
                Last edited by Cluas; 28 February 2013, 02:09 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

Well we know he had nothing to do with the murder itself, but the cover up/frame job he did.

Comment

I loved this episode. Justice is a great name for the episode. Was justice served at the end? I think not, more like revenge.

I think this episode represents why I like this show so much. Neither Young or Rush are presented in comic book good and evil terms. These guys have layers of gray.

Comment

Yes, I'm speechless now. Young and Rush really hate each other don't they. Very dark.
                      ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

And what's this supposed to mean? Yikes.

Young: Are we done?
                        Rush: We'll never be done.

Comment

It means that Rush will never stop trying to steal Young's authority.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Mwha ha ha.....that dastardly Rush!

I will always remember the disbelief I felt on seeing Young leave Rush on that planet for the first time. One of the memorable moments from SGU!

Comment

I remember the forum arguments of Rush vs Young more than the episode itself.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Its hard to know which of them is worse- framing someone for murder or abandoning someone on a planet alone. I don't think we've seen the last of Rush though, something tells me...!

Comment

Working...
                                X