Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Young's decision was worse too. Murder is always going to trump stuff like framing someone.
    sigpic

Comment

Young did not murder anyone.

Here we go again
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Young could only have reasonably expected two outcomes: 1) Rush would survive and spend the rest of his miserable life alone on a strange planet searching for enough food and water to survive or 2) Rush would die from lack of food and water. Either way it's more cruel than getting someone demoted by framing them for murder. Not that I'm defending Rush's actions either.
        sigpic

Comment

Regardless of these scenarios its not murder as Young did not kill him. Granted he made Rush's life more difficult stranding Rush there but its not murder
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah Justice. This episode brings me back. We argued up until Space premiered who was in the right, Obviously both Young and Rush have done wrong things leading the confrontation but who was more wrong. I took a lot of heat (and a few hate PMs) in my siding with Young. And I will still side with Young. Rush has mantipulated people and risked lives to suit his own goal. On the other hand I have seen Young risk his lives for the crew when it is needed. It was probably not the most rational thing in the world but Rush deserved what he got when Young beat him up. Now it was not murder since he did not kill Rush. As for the rest of the episode it was no surprise that Spencer killed himself nor was I surprised to see that Rush have framed Young. It was obvious courses of action. What was interesting was the courtroom scene. I found Chloe and Wray at each others heads very interesting and a peek into their character traits. Its a pity we will never see what caused Franklin to connect himself to the chair. That question has bothered me for a long time.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Legally yes it is not murder. BUT it would be considered Neglegent homicide.

Comment

No it wouldn't. He could survive on that planet. Their was plant life and water
                Jelgate is right

Comment

There was no way of knowing whether he could survive on that planet, which looked like a pretty harsh environment to me. The Eden planet was idyllic and it still wound up killing everyone. Also, as I recall Young warned them how foolish it was to stay there. On the much, much nicer planet.
                  sigpic

Comment

Harsh is not the same as a death sentence. Thier was plant life and water. That is enough for short term
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that's what Rush was thinking as he ran back to the gate - "I see water and plants, so I'm sure he'll have a nice long life here. And if I have time, I'll lob a volleyball through the gate so that he's not too lonely."
                      sigpic

Comment

I never said it was ideal just not murder since he could survive.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Harsh is not the same as a death sentence. Thier was plant life and water. That is enough for short term
                          I don't remember seeing plant life or water.. though its been a while since i did a SGU rewatch.

Comment

Breathable atomsphere suggest their has to be some plant life and water. How else would the original fliers of the crashed Blue ship survive?
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Who said they survived?
                              sigpic

Comment

Lacks of corpses and decay
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X