Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only got 15 minutes into it before I turned it off. Too boring. Not enough action. Don't care about the characters. Still. So why would I care about a little trial? Meh. I tried. Every single one of my friends who adored Stargate has stopped watching. We're obviously not the target demographic for this re-imagined show. I hope it does well, though. . . if only to make sure we get the SG-1 movie.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      I think it made ALOT of sense that the scientist got in the chair. He was the most displeased of them all...They should have done the set up better with a least more of mention of his displeasure in previous epsodes...
      They've been steadily showing him more and more vocal about his distaste for the way things are done on the Destiny for quite a while now. He practically yelled at TJ during their couseling session. He's often times making little nagging remarks when no one wants to hear it. I thought there was more than enough reason to believe that he would sit in the chair.

Actually, even if I had no idea who this guy was, I could still see a good number of reasons why he'd use the chair, just by the fact that he's there.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
        Because she's a girl, anything to show more female skin...
        Yeah, that's why I dislike it so much, it's supposed to be a military uniform.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Yeah, that's why I dislike it so much, it's supposed to be a military uniform.
          I feel the same way. Wasn't James also wearing a tank in a different episode?

Comment

Second half of the show saved a rather comically overdrawn, overly dramatic first half.

The characters overall are written as being very unrealistic, though the fight at the end did seem right, as well as Eli's halting acceptance of the thumb drive.

Like many of the other SGU episodes, the rough spots in the series really shows, but so do the strengths. Let's hope that the producers can iron out the uneven writing soon.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
              Young
              Spoiler:
              marooning Rush
              = VERY NICE.....

(and great writing)
              While it did show that SGU is definitely more grittier, i think young shanked them all by doing this to rush.

Seriously...and the last bit wondering about how much Eli actually knew... WOW.
              Yea, i think he kind of had a 'epiphany'. Especially with all the 'suspicion' young has been showing towards rush..

Comment

Probes? Restraints? Ancients?

Oh, that reminds me... (pictures of a repository here)
                Y'know, the pictures were a lot of work that wasn't really necessary. Do any of us not know what an ancient repository looks like. I did say wrist restraints, Didn't I? I meant to... I was speaking to my previous statement that it looked more like an electric chair than ancient tech. Also, while the repositories held the person in place, they didn't dig chunks of metal into their heads. I mean, c'mon. An ancient was supposed to get stabbed in the head everytime they wanted to access the data base? Seems to me, people that could build a ship that powers up in a sun could figure out something better than that.

I still have this gut feeling about alternate universes.
                Heh, that would explain a lot. It's simply inconceivable that these people inhabit the same universe as 'our' SG-1.
                Last edited by amconway; 04 December 2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. Sorry if I'm repeating what someone else has said but I've looked through 6 pages of this thread and don't have time to search them all.

I loved this episode but I do have one beef: why did they think Young and Rush were running out of time when its already been established that they just need to stick an arm through the gate to hold it open?

I like the Rush character, and hope they will use some creativity in getting him back to the ship, and nothing obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                    They've been steadily showing him more and more vocal about his distaste for the way things are done on the Destiny for quite a while now. He practically yelled at TJ during their couseling session. He's often times making little nagging remarks when no one wants to hear it. I thought there was more than enough reason to believe that he would sit in the chair.

Actually, even if I had no idea who this guy was, I could still see a good number of reasons why he'd use the chair, just by the fact that he's there.
                    Think about it..we saw only one episode with him displaying his displeasure with being shot....and that was the last( I think)

But he got shot in like Air...

I appreciate that about this series, that the military personnel aren't written as purely negative or positive, but as imperfect. That was probably the one issue with BSG, that they held it together for so long, but then again, there were many more of them so that also makes sense.
                    The military are people they can be positive or negative.
                    BUT they are also trained...These people act like they have no training.
                    I will say this: I think using the situation to justify these people staying together over 7 season is problematic....In reality we tend to destroy one another so lets how this show has something to distract them with.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                      Y'know, the pictures were a lot of work that wasn't really necessary. Do any of us not know what an ancient repository looks like. I did say wrist restraints, Didn't I? I meant to... I was speaking to my previous statement that it looked more like an electric chair than ancient tech. Also, while the repositories held the person in place, they didn't dig chunks of metal into their heads. I mean, c'mon. An ancient was supposed to get stabbed in the head everytime they wanted to access the data base? Seems to me, people that could build a ship that powers up in a sun could figure out something better than that.
                      Why?

The concept that we can compare two pieces of highly advanced fictional technology on some sort of absolute scale is not really logical. Yeah, the ship can collect energy from stars; so can we; we just do it differently, without flying into them. What does that have to do with downloading a mass amount of information into someone's brain?

The chair is definitely more than just a simple database access terminal. That's what those other, touch-pad terminals are for. We have yet to know what the true purpose of the chair is, and how often the Ancients would use them. However, what is true is that Franklin was human, not Ancient (so who knows what an Ancient experiences when he/she's in that chair), and his current state (catatonic) matches exactly what O'Neill was like after the Repository grabbed him in The Fifth Race.

So the Ancients managed to go from a chair that apparently drills holes in your head to get the info into you to a thing that grabs your head and forces info into you via a very bright light of some sort. That's technological advancement for you.

If the chair does indeed drill holes in the heads of Ancients every time they use it, then I'm just going to assume that they have ways to prevent death, just like how TJ prevented Franklin's death. It's like surgery; you need to have it sometimes, but it does involve cutting you open, and it's very likely to save your life.

Comment

Think about it..we saw only one episode with him displaying his displeasure with being shot....and that was the last( I think)

But he got shot in like Air...
                        But I did think about it. It's the reason I was able to recall all the times he complained, not just about being shot, but about the way the whole ship is run by the people in charge. The whole point of being shot in the first place was to stop him from doing something stupid because he was fed up with things not happening quick enough for him.

In my view, that's more than enough without beating us over the head with the idea.

Comment

I appreciate that about this series, that the military personnel aren't written as purely negative or positive, but as imperfect. That was probably the one issue with BSG, that they held it together for so long, but then again, there were many more of them so that also makes sense.

Oh and let me clarify that I don't think that military is SO good that no Officer would do this...but every time I make a statement like this...it's with the complete view of the all the characters...

We have probably the most unlikely ensemble of loose canon's ever assembled.
                          I just don't find it likely that this mean slipped through the Proverbial cracks in the Chain of Command.

Comment

But he got show in like Air...
                            It's not just about being shot. Most of the time, Franklin appears to be angry about the Military in general. This was apparent in "Water".

Comment

did the Ship go there cause it new there was another ship there? Has Rush been working with Destiney? I wonder...

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                It's not just about being shot. Most of the time, Franklin appears to be angry about the Military in general. This was apparent in "Water".
                                What did he say?

Comment

Working...
                                X