Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadwood was very critically acclaimed over here, at least.
    Last edited by Stewart5; 25 March 2010, 11:14 AM.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      Hmmm. I wouldn't know.
      I've never heard or seen Deadwood and I'm rather selective about what I call entertainment.

<snip>

Seven years it is then...
      I could be wrong but I don't think you're going to get that from this series.
      If you have never heard or seen Deadwood, how can you possibly know if SGU is anything like it at all? Having watched both shows, I think there are actually quite a few similarities.
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Just to add, a quick google resulted in the following information:

Deadwood won eight Emmy Awards (in 28 nominations) and one Golden Globe.

So I think the term "critically acclaimed" is reasonable.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
          Deadwood was very critically acclaimed over here, at least.
          Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
          Just to add, a quick google resulted in the following information:

Deadwood won eight Emmy Awards (in 28 nominations) and one Golden Globe.

So I think the term "critically acclaimed" is reasonable.
          Still never heard of it, and I've never been one to follow what the "critics" like.
          sigpic

Comment

Is it safe to say you don't like Avatar then?

On topic, I can't wait to find out what impact the incidents in Justice will have. I truly hope the crew take exception to Young's actions against Rush. True, he needed dealt with, and I personnally would have given him a seeing to, but this will surely undermine trust and his ability to lead those below him if they live in fear of being booted off the ship whenever he deems it necessary.
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Is it safe to say you don't like Avatar then?
              I form my own opinions.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think the crew will find it. It would be in both Young's and Rush's best ineterest not to discuss what really went on during Justice. Both are very serious crimes
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I don't think the crew will find it. It would be in both Young's and Rush's best ineterest not to discuss what really went on during Justice. Both are very serious crimes
                  I rhink they're all gonna be a little suspicious though (If they're not already) when Rush returns not having died in a rockslide.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think (and hate to admit) that Jelgate is right. Rush may want revenge on Young, and would use this as a sure fire way of getting rid of him for good, but he would have to expose his own dishonesty and that isn't something even he could wriggle out of. So, unless Eli blurts it out, I think it will be tension and strained silence.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I think it will be tension and strained silence.
                      I think so, too. Especially since Rush and Young already do tension and non-communication (or cross-communication) so very well!
                      sigpic

Comment

So to you significant means...anything?
                        That's very... interesting.
                        When I tend to thing of significant I think "important" , "relevant" maybe even "coherent".
                        Well clearly Eli having to look after his mother has had a significant impact on his character, its partly what drives his desire to return home and leaves him conflicted, he's on a spaceship a dream come true for him but he feels he must return to his mother.Chloe relied on her father, now she’s struggling on the ship on her own; her relationship with Scott is born partly out of a desire to have someone to lean. As for Young the revelation in earlier episodes that he had an affair hints that he is someone whose judgement is often lacking, something that is then shown to have serious ramifications in Justice. So I would say we are learning important information about these characters.

Hmmm. I wouldn't know.
                        I've never heard or seen Deadwood and I'm rather selective about what I call entertainment.
                        I've also have never seen Firefly or Wire. I've noticed cable shows tend to be on the morally shallow gradient so I prefer to read and draw. More productive, more to show for time spent.
                        How delightful, a show refuses to sugar coat reality and it’s “morally shallow”.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I hope something comes across it, I don’t want the dreaded reset button to be pushed.

Comment

I've also have never seen Firefly or Wire. I've noticed cable shows tend to be on the morally shallow gradient so I prefer to read and draw. More productive, more to show for time spent.
                          Perhaps you ought to widen your horizons then. There is nothing morally shallow about Firefly, The Wire or Deadwood.

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                          I rhink they're all gonna be a little suspicious though (If they're not already) when Rush returns not having died in a rockslide.
                          Ah, but Young never said that Rush was dead, from what I recall. He just said Rush got caught up in a landslide. While the inference is that Rush died, he never said 'Rush is dead', so when Rush makes the miraculous return, Young has denial. And people think Rush is manipulative ... Young's even more so because he coats it in this false attitude of care.

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                          I think so, too. Especially since Rush and Young already do tension and non-communication (or cross-communication) so very well!
                          Indeed they do.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            Perhaps you ought to widen your horizons then. There is nothing morally shallow about Firefly, The Wire or Deadwood.
                            Ellie, try not to insult his opinon,which he is entitled to.. I dont want to lose another thread.
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Ellie, try not to insult his opinon,which he is entitled to.. I dont want to lose another thread.
                              I wasn't. He says he doesn't watch them because he thinks they're morally shallow; I think he ought to give them a try because they're not morally shallow.

Comment

I know what you meant darlin, but READ YOUR POST AGAIN and think how it could be interpreted by those who claim authority over us
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X