Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Do you even know what a story is?
    No, sir, I odd know.

Comment

That IOA woman really sneaky.

Comment

Come on...
        Don't you think this was apart of the plot that she discussed on Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
          Come on...
          Don't you think this was apart of the plot that she discussed on Earth?
          No. Wray saw a chance for a power and took. She is mantipulaive like Rush. More opportunistic
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

For a while I thought this was going to be 'Murder on the Destiny", where's Hercule Poirot when you need him?!

The out and out tension, mistrust and hatred wandering amongst these people is really stepping up. Young leaving Rush to die on that planet, whilst not surprising is quite shocking really. The fragmenting semblence of law and order is actually becoming fascinating to watch.

I was wondering what aspect of SGU would start to get me interested in this incarnation of Stargate. Oddly enough it's this gradual disintegration of 'civilised' behaviour that will make me keep watching this show. How much worse will things get, what lengths will these people really go to to survive. Where will the ugly side of human nature surface next? I really didn't expect it from Colonel Young! Great stuff!

I continue to enjoy the wonderful CGI images of the Destiny in FTL, and the images of alien skies and landscapes.

There's enough there now to keep me watching, and I'm looking forward to the second half. I'm glad I stuck with it now.

I am however becoming more baffled about how much stuff they actually took with them. How come they have body bags of all things?! Pretty weird random stuff was picked up during the mad panicked escape! I guess this is another thing I'm having fun looking out for now!

Comment

I just watched it, I thought it was the best written, most coherent and best balanced episode so far. I enjoyed seeing the crew, and while I still wanted to stab my television when Chloe was on, even she was less irritating (after this episode, I'm convinced it's her acting that I am not connecting to). And I appreciated that cliffhanger was so subtle; if it had been grander, if the episode had been grander, I think it would have been to different from the rest of the episodes, that it just wouldn't have fit. I also loved that, while Young was innocent regarding Spencer, in the end, he actually became exactly what he was accused of.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              March or April
              It's so annoying that when I can finally say that when I am in fact enjoying the show (which I hadn't been until now) it's just before a prolonged hiatus. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                No. Wray saw a chance for a power and took. She is mantipulaive like Rush. More opportunistic
                You're probably write. The writing so far has been very complex.
                If it was any other show, I'd say she and Rush were in league.
                Last edited by Saquist; 04 December 2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

im glad rush got his ass handed to him next to telford i dont like either of them but they are my favorite grey characters/

Comment

But THE IRONY!!!
                    He did exactly what he was accused of....
                    Another story telling device used by the SGU writers....this might be the begining of beautiful trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                      No episode is ever going to be perfect. I'm sure you realize that by now

It's an interesting predicament. While I understand why Young did what he did, I don't look at it as the best course of action. Yes, Rush is actively and admittedly undermining Young's authority on the ship. Still, I'm not sure I think it's fair of Young to have done what he did. Perhaps there was a better way.

On the other hand, this way provides a much more dramatic tool for further storytelling.

I can't tell if you think this is a bad thing or good thing by the structure of your sentence. I'm going to assume you didn't like how they were so ready to take back control of the ship by force? If so, then I agree. On the plus side, I really liked how Lt. Scott reacted to Young's reasoning for not doing that.

We're slowly seeing how Scott has to encounter new situations and learn the best way to act in them. And it's cool to see that his rookie instinct is to forcefully take control, but the veteran (Young) knows better. Very interesting dynamic, I think, and I think it's especially prominent when Young says something to the effect of "If I had wanted to do it that way, I would." Young is a complex character for me, and I am not sure if I think he's a great leader or just has his great moments. Time will tell more.

Well, it wasn't really a trial if you ask me. Young wasn't even present in the "courtroom", as we saw him just listening in on the proceedings only to walk away through part of it. It was rather informal, and not really comparable to the reasoning behind the trial on BSG. They were vastly different circumstances, as well as procedures.

Indeed. I was actually hoping for something a bit more epic to happen when the final scene switched back to Rush waking up on that planet. On the plus side, it's almost a guarantee that something will come from both of those in the episode when SGU returns.
                      Thanks for the decent, thoughtful response. So far as I can tell (since I don't think they are going to kill off Rush) Young has commit murder as far as the character is concerned if even Rush doesn't actually end up dead. After his speech to Scott and Eli about being above board, then keeping the edited video to himself and intentionally getting himself alone with Rush to do what he did...

Scott and Greer's willingness to go martial law... I am just tired of the way the military is shown to behave.

While I agree it wasn't technically a trial, it was set up adversarial like one. Chole was clearly the defense and the Wray the prosecutor. And it lacked the 'magic' for a true lack of a better word (its late) from what they did on BSG. At least for me.

Comment

But THE IRONY!!!
                        He did exactly what he was accused of....
                        Another story telling device used by the SGU writers....this might be the begining of beautiful trend.

I said the same thing, and I loved that..

Comment

Pretty good episode. I rather liked the trial/hearing with Wray as prosecutor and Chloe defending Young and wish that part could have lasted longer. And considering Young was under serious suspicion of murder, it seemed rather odd he was still allowed to move freely even after he stepped down.

Franklin sitting in the chair was unexpected, and it'll be interesting to see if he recovers and can access any information that may have been downloaded into him.

Didn't expect Young to leave Rush behind, and personally that decision, among other things, kinda makes me question how he ever got to the rank of Colonel. It's sad that he's gone from one of my most liked to my most disliked character on the show.

And a relatively minor point of annoyance, why is TJ the only military officer in a tank top? Wish they could given her a regular t-shirt like James, Greer, Scott and the others.

sigpic

Comment

This series is awesome.

Honestly the writing puts BSG to shame.

Comment

how do you know that?

Comment

how do you know that?
                                JM has said so in his blog
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right