This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
    It’s like a sibling rivalry; you may tease and pick on each other, but you still have each others back.
    Yup, you’ve nailed it in one.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Yup, you’ve nailed it in one.
      I don't know what family your talking about. I would turn my sibling in if it benefited me

Back to the subject on hand. How much does Eli know of what happened to Rush on the planet? And more importantly when will Eli stop being Young's yesman?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I don't know what family your talking about. I would turn my sibling in if it benefited me

Back to the subject on hand. How much does Eli know of what happened to Rush on the planet? And more importantly when will Eli stop being Young's yesman?
        When he grows up, And I think this is how they see his character. That he needs to grow up.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          Oh dear again you don’t understand. There is a friendly rivalry between services, I as someone in the Army will always take the opportunity to have a crack at the Airforce, Navy and Marines. But that’s it, its joking around. I don’t feel the Army is superior to the other services because we all do different jobs. Further the different services don’t share responsibility, each have their area of expertise, I have no knowledge of how to fly a plane for instance but I’m damn glad of having the Airforce as backup. Similarly a pilot can drop a bomb, but he can’t hold and secure an area like an infantryman can. On the Destiny there are both Marines and Airforce personnel. There has been no interservice rivalry between the two groups on the show because it won’t happen. Jibes happen in a social situation, but modern warfare is built around interservice cooperation and both the Marines and the Airforce personnel will work together, because even when the services do cross into each other’s sphere of work, you don’t squabble when you’re trying to get a job done, and you know that Airforce, Army, Marines or Navy, the man or women next to you will still have the same code as you and won’t give a damn which serice branch you happen to be from.
          Green worthy M6. As he said, we might kill each other in a Rugby match, but when it comes down to the salt of the matter, we do actually look out for one another in the field of battle. But not, in a Hong Kong bar

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
          It’s like a sibling rivalry; you may tease and pick on each other, but you still have each others back.

That sums it up beautifully
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

I believe he will be character frozen for the foreseeable future as well as Chloe.

Comment

I can't wait to be part of that family. Eli is just a kid, and will stick to whoever he feels safest with.
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                I can't wait to be part of that family. Eli is just a kid, and will stick to whoever he feels safest with.
                and who is that at the moment?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  and who is that at the moment?
                  Presently, himself I believe
                  My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                  sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                    Presently, himself I believe
                    Is he canny enough to actually only trust himself, though, or will he blab to Scott who is likely to go running to Colonel Young?

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                      Green worthy M6. As he said, we might kill each other in a Rugby match, but when it comes down to the salt of the matter, we do actually look out for one another in the field of battle. But not, in a Hong Kong bar
                      Cheers for the green, the odd bar fight withstanding, military personnel from all services get on fine. I've even been able to have a pleasant drink with a bunch of Marines on one occasion

Comment

Lies. Marines don't even know how to have a pleasant drink with other Marines.....
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Lies. Marines don't even know how to have a pleasant drink with other Marines.....
                          Hey they even managed to drag their knuckles off the ground for a minute

Comment

More lies..... Its only Rock apes who let their knucles drag.....
                            On topic, surely Justice also goes to show a more dangerous side of the military brotherhood?
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

More lies..... Its only Rock apes who let their knucles drag.....
                              On topic, surely Justice also goes to show a more dangerous side of the military brotherhood?
                              Military brotherhood will happen, you can’t escape becoming loyal to someone you’ve served, especially in battle with, it bonds you closer than family. The personnel on the Destiny have all served with Young. Some like Greer he’s known for a long time, others less time but well he’s fought side by side with them during the attack on Icarus and worked with them on the Destiny. He’s shown that he cares about his personnel and he’s not willing to leave them behind. If Rush or Wray want to earn the military personnel’s trust they need to really develop that bond with the troops, not that I think they will for a while.

On the other hand if what Young did got out, then he’d lose a lot of support from the military personnel. If I were a member of the crew with only their perspective, not the viewers, then I’d trust Young, because it seems like he’s a man with the best interests of his people at heart. If however I found out about Young marooning Rush, I’d be incredibly angry, Young as CO has a responsibility to all the people under him and can’t just act like judge, jury and executioner. I’d also feel Young would be playing favourite (something I think he’s actually doing) he seems willing to rescue those who support him but his actions with Rush seem to show that he won’t let anyone cross him. Obviously I feel Rush should have been locked up for his crime, but dumping him on the planet, will if it ever gets out, endanger the morale of the crew. One man deciding who lives and who dies isn’t right, and it’s especially hypocritical coming from Young since he decried this in Light.

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                              But what when choosing between Airforce airmen that has committed a crime and a sailor that has committed a crime.
                              Would the truth be backed or the social bond by backed?

You've successfully attributed family as a metaphor.
                              Family dynamics favor bond over justice.
                              What are you on about? A member of the military would turn both in if they were guilty of a crime, regardless of what service there from, they’d turn them in. Committing crimes in the military breaks trust, often as well because if someone commits a crime then it’s their fellow soldiers who are the victims, being the closest around them. If a soldier was a thief then more than likely the Military Police would probably need to stop members of his or her unit kicking the crap out of them. Serving together creates bonds of trust, however if someone commits a crime then that breaks that trust, worse it hurts more because you know that person very well. You’ll hate them more than if it were anyone else who had committed that crime because you knew and trusted them and put their life in their hands and they squandered it.
                              Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 03 February 2010, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelgate
                                The more I think about it, the answer to this question depends so heavily on exactly what is on the extra footage that only Eli and Young know about. Eli may well end up in a state of depression for a while, even through the next crisis.

Comment

Working...
                                X