This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    The only fact is that you are wrong and I am right!
    *Loads toad canon...See's sky......*
    Vat Is Dis "Treacle" yous Speak off?
    No, you cannot be right! I have deducted my reasoning from the facts I created in order to make my opinion a universal truth. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

You're toad canon is no match for my... my... Elmo thongs (which are a shoe btw, not underwear).
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

No, these contests are to see who is good enough to be allowed to join Tj in the treacle bath Justice = Tj in a black vest top = very happy Stewart....er, Garr5
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
        No, you cannot be right! I have deducted my reasoning from the facts I created in order to make my opinion a universal truth. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

You're toad canon is no match for my... my... Elmo thongs (which are a shoe btw, not underwear).
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
          No, these contests are to see who is good enough to be allowed to join Tj in the treacle bath Justice = Tj in a black vest top = very happy Stewart....er, Garr5
          Well in that case, bring on the cuties!

See, I told you nothing could defeat my awesome thongs. NOTHING!
          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Well in that case, bring on the cuties!

See, I told you nothing could defeat my awesome thongs. NOTHING!
            .....o.O
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

You do realise in the land of Oz thongs are what you know as flip flops - right?

Comment

You do realise in the land of Oz thongs are what you know as flip flops - right?
                ...You people are strange.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Thats....random
                  *Turns EllieVee into a toad*
                  Monty Python has a quote for every occasion.

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  I only represent the facts, Garrowan.
                  I then make logical deductions from the information that is a tried and trusted method in most police investigations.
                  Those facts were clearly listed and are indisputable. You may not like them or the deduction reasoning but at least it's not loose speculation.
                  Nonsense. If you were a police officer, your case wouldn't even get as far as court.

I'm not much of socialite so pardon me, sir, if the post lacked certain irrelevancies such as a precise datum of what was my deduction. I perhaps should not have left that up to your interpretation.
                  Um, what?

How?
                  If you don't have copies there are Hulu, iTunes and the soon-to-be released DVDs. Of course, if you've only seen the episodes in question once then that explains rather a lot. Memory can be imperfect.

Hardly.
                  I followed without deviation a pattern of behavior. That is far from "interpretive". It's extrapolation.
                  This isn't art. There is no need to interpret.
                  Um, no, it's interpretation.

Comment

...You people are strange.
                    No, you people are. Thongs as underwear, dat's riduckulous!

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                      Um, no, it's interpretation.
                      No, your silly. There is nothing 'art' like about a television show. There is no subtext, or layering. Everything is spoken with an abundance of exposition. Silly silly Ellie, how quickly you forget.
                      Last edited by Deevil; 30 January 2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

No, your silly. There is nothing 'art' like about a television show. There is no subtext, or layering. Everything is spoken with an abundance of exposition. Silly silly Ellie, how quickly you forget.
                        Sowwy. I forgot.

Comment

Saq, just because you say it is a fact DOES NOT MAKE IT SO!
                          That would be a Fallacy of Authority. That would not be logical.
                          A fact is defined as:
                          a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred;
                          a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened;
                          a concept whose truth can be proved;

I must contradict you.
                          The list provided were indeed facts.
                          -Rush's action did strand the crew on Destiny
                          -Rush did lie about the presence of a Icarus type planet
                          -Rush did (acording to dialogue) frame Commander Young.

I'm not stopping you from disputing the facts by I will continue to contradict to rebuff the argument that they are facts.

It has nothing to do with me liking it or not; much of what you have said is conjuncture or your own opinion of an event. Also, from the posts I have read, Deevil and Ell have come up with as many facts as you. Your interpretation of evidence does not give you carte blanche to cry 'fact' at anyone you think will listen.
                          Have you actually done a count? I'd be interested in seeing the numbers from those post to support your statements.

Sir, you and your fellows continue to use the word, "interpretation". That is what Ellie and Deevil have been doing.
                          For clarity:

Interpretation:
                          # an explanation that results from interpreting something;
                          #rendition: the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance;
                          #a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something

An extrapolation is mathematical or projected from the facts.

The only thing they really have in common is that they can both be equally wrong or right. One does not always lead to the truth. But one is more reliable and less effected by personal subjectivity.

Ellie said that Rush could be saying that "it's their only chance" to live... Yet nothing in the conversation suggest this was the proper context. She could easily be right if that is what the writers will reveal but and extrapolation only takes in the data and projects it. Rush's known behavior,his previous contentious actions. Just the facts, sir.

Anyway, rant over. What about Lt James vs Chloe...again with treacle....?
                          I presume the word is tread?
                          I think James is being developed into a complication.
                          Chloe is the damsel in distress and will be for a bit of time. There have already been occasions to correct this and thus a positive set forward for the character.

James appears...superfluous. An after thought they may or may not take advantage of in later episodes.

Nonsense. If you were a police officer, your case wouldn't even get as far as court.

That is inaccurate.
                          Rush's case has sufficient proof a criminal trial.
                          Under federal Law...lying is a crime under oath.

Um, what?
                          The statement was properly directed to Garrowan5th, not to yourself, ma'am.

If you don't have copies there are Hulu, iTunes and the soon-to-be released DVDs. Of course, if you've only seen the episodes in question once then that explains rather a lot. Memory can be imperfect.
                          I have seen the episode twice on HULU...yet when I checked again it was not present.
                          I will check again.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            I presume the word is tread?
                            Nope, the word is actually treacle... it's a type of syrup. Garrow knew what he was talking about... and he was making a joke convo.

Sowwy. I forgot.
                            You should be sorry. That's a horrible, terrible, silly miscalculation for you to make. From now on you will be known as Queenie.

Comment

Saq, I am a university level students with multiple qualifications in English. Don't patronise me by telling me what words mean.
                              And I didn't say you had no facts, but many of the things you have pointed out were not facts. And I will certainly find posts for you, when I get on a computer.
                              And I did mean treacle.
                              #1. treacle = treacle, glucose syrup, golden in colour.
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Saq, I am a university level student with multiple qualifications in English. Don't patronise me by telling me what words mean.
                                You have English Quals too? Same here!!! I just can't be bothered dragging them out here because, well - I think proper English in an informal environment is pompous .

Comment

Working...
                                X