This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    I must say, it's still one of my favorite activity.

"Look at that idiot. What the hell is he doing?" should be printed on my shirt so I would only have to point it out, and I wouldn't have to say it out loud that many times to people hanging out with me .
    You're acting like Carter mixed with Scott. (or a clock without a satellite, to be more precise).
    I haven't a clue what your last statement means.

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
      Am I really the only one upset that the random nameless soldier guy at the end who managed to kill half a room full of bad guys died!?! xD We need more random cool soldiers doing random cool heroics... and not dieing just cause they don't have names. If it was scott he wouldnt have died!
      That guy was badass, but his recklessness got TJ and Riley shot. If Riley dies as well as TJ's baby, I'm not on that marine's side.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Wow THE SUSPENSE!!! I cant wait for season 2. THat being said i have some theories about how this situation is going to be resolved. I think it will be resolved in the first episode of season 2 because the second is titled Aftermath. Some clues im drawing on here is that the episode is titled intervention. We could have the aliens intervien ( think thats mispelled sorry) if they could travel between galaxies. Also, this is just speculation, but no one has tried to use the chair for defense, something it has clearly been used for in the past. (seen in sga/1). Maybe someone, probably Rush will sit in the chair and tell the guy who evaporated from sitting in the chair in a previous episode (too lazy to look up name) who my guess is now part of the ships systems and he will activate some kind of defense of the ship maybe? We've seen it done in Sg1 with Thor... Also im guessing Varro( i hope thats spelled right) will join the fight on the side of the earth crew, or at least the side of reason and try to stop the exicution of the earth soldiers. Varro might even become a recurring character on the show to form a love triangle between Young Tj and himself, if either of them survive the first episode of season 2. What are your thoughts and speculation about season 2 first episode and a resolvation to this crisis?

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
          Am I really the only one upset that the random nameless soldier guy at the end who managed to kill half a room full of bad guys died!?! xD We need more random cool soldiers doing random cool heroics... and not dieing just cause they don't have names. If it was scott he wouldnt have died!
          Nope, I stressed how I was dissappointed to how TJ got shot.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Nope, I stressed how I was dissappointed to how TJ got shot.
            Though I would've preferred to have Kiva stroll in and shoot her (Followed by Young returning the favour later), what we got was fine. Nothing we wouldn't have gotten on SG-1 or Atlantis, to use your favourite comparison techniques.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
              2. What are your thoughts and speculation about season 2 first episode and a resolvation to this crisis?
              I think that definitely will be the case. People got pretty badly hurt this episode and probably 1 or 2 others will before the fight w/the LA is settled. Those hurt will have to take some time to heal so i expect that aspect of the story will last well into season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Green for you man! I am glad more than just you and I felt that there was something missing. As soon as the soldier was firing, I said, yup TJ is going down. The ship's shield is failing and they have to go to the outside to fix it or they will all die..........I mean been there done that. Having say the Smurf Aliens show up would of been perfect. Then the LA and the Destiny crew would have to get along to save the ship from the outside threat. It is like the pulsar came out of the producer's as....um mind There should of been something else more dramatic. As you said the episode just dragged for the most part. The last 2 or 3 mins were excellent, but an episode cannot be great if more than 50% is filler.
                Well I actually liked the pulsar inclusion to create extra danger rather than having the Smurfs show up. They had to have something that threatened the ship as a whole..."Star? Smurfs?...Star? Smurfs? Eh, go with the star." Either way you still get the old tried and true peril involving the failing shields.

But yeah I thought the ep dragged too much. I thought there would be at least a bit more action, and that it wouldn't all be in the last 5 minutes. They should have shot TJ like midway in. Young could have started his complete derailment in this episode rather than have to wait till next season.

But, I see a lot of potential in the next season, but this episode is far from the best cliffhanger this franchise has given us.
                I certainly agree on both accounts. SG-1 and SGA certainly have better ones. I've wanted SGU to succeed from the beginning, even though I certainly had major reservations about it. It has gotten better from what it started out as (I still don't love it as a whole though even though it has it's love it moments), and as much as I hated the LA on SG-1, they might actually work on SGU, for the time being anyway. I have zero interest in them for a long term enemy.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

But yeah I thought the ep dragged too much. I thought there would be at least a bit more action, and that it wouldn't all be in the last 5 minutes. They should have shot TJ like midway in. Young could have started his complete derailment in this episode rather than have to wait till next season.
                  Unfortunately, here's how the episode came to be: J Mallozzi wrote a script for the finale, and it was initially one episode. The script was big, and they spaced it out for two episodes (Pulsar's probably a result of this, but don't quote me on that).

The producers knew they wanted it to end as it did, and they had the idea for the season 2 premiere. So ending the episode with TJ getting shot instead of Young going nuts and TJ being shot earlier makes sense. It's the ending they had in mind (All Cliffhanger-y. Maybe not TJ being shot specifically due to AH's pregnancy being revealed to them maybe after they had the ideas for the finale, but other stuff like Scott and Greer on the ship and Kiva being shot and the military looking like they were about to be executed).

It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Unfortunately, here's how the episode came to be: J Mallozzi wrote a script for the finale, and it was initially one episode. The script was big, and they spaced it out for two episodes (Pulsar's probably a result of this, but don't quote me on that).

The producers knew they wanted it to end as it did, and they had the idea for the season 2 premiere. So ending the episode with TJ getting shot instead of Young going nuts and TJ being shot earlier makes sense. It's the ending they had in mind (All Cliffhanger-y. Maybe not TJ being shot specifically due to AH's pregnancy being revealed to them maybe after they had the ideas for the finale, but other stuff like Scott and Greer on the ship and Kiva being shot and the military looking like they were about to be executed).

It happens.
                    They can write it however they want to. I'm just stating what I thought they could have done...and possibly still get the cliffhanger they wanted.
                    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 12 June 2010, 12:40 PM. Reason: sp
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                      They can write it however they want to. I'm just stating what I though they could have done...and possibly still get the cliffhanger they wanted.
                      Okay you got me there. Thinking it over, making Young go crazy nuts here today is a better alternative than waiting four months, building up his craziness... and what we get come season 2 isn't as good as we hyped it. But it's Young, so I could be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        Okay you got me there. Thinking it over, making Young go crazy nuts here today is a better alternative than waiting four months, building up his craziness... and what we get come season 2 isn't as good as we hyped it. But it's Young, so I could be surprised.
                        Rather than having to wait 5 months for his reaction, yeah you get it now.

But like I said earlier, I agree with Brian and thought either Kiva or Young himself should have been involved in shooting her. Like when they went to make the medical supply trade and the flickering lights screwed up the plan. Have had it happened then, which is kinda what I thought was about to happen but didn't.

Moot point now, but I really did think her shooting (as I knew it was coming) would be more dramatic than what it turned out to be....some random red shirt pulling the trigger. Heh. That red shirt's death was more dramatic, not to mention more graphic than the norm on Stargate.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                          Very Interesting. Are you a military scholar?
                          You could say I have more than a passing intrest in military history.

Comment

Moot point now, but I really did think her shooting (as I knew it was coming) would be more dramatic than what it turned out to be....some random red shirt pulling the trigger. Heh. That red shirt's death was more dramatic, not to mention more graphic than the norm on Stargate.
                            It sort-of harkens back to Brody's comment earlier, "Bad timing. Bad luck."

Ah well. Whatever happened happened.

Comment

I snorted at the no-budget depiction of Greer rising into the air as the gravity was reduced in the compartment – it basically consisted of a clever camera move downwards, and then Scott’s eyes lifting upwards as if watching him!

Ooh, bad news for the Young/Rush slash shippers: if you look very carefully when Rush and Brody first walk into the auxiliary control room, it looks for all the world as if they’re holding hands!! (Actually, I think Brody was handing something to Rush, but that’s not what it initially looks like!)

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
                                What are your thoughts and speculation about season 2 first episode and a resolvation to this crisis?
                                Whatever else happens, they're going to need a doctor from earth somehow to work on all the injured people. TJ will likely be out of it for awhile and unable to help with the injured, and that leaves nobody with medical background to work on all those other injured. Injured include TJ, Chloe, Telford, Kiva, Varro, and undoubtedly will be more in the first ep of next season, and unless they get some serious assistance more people are going to die.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                                I thought whatever happened to Kiva would be more dramatic. Instead, it happened so fast that if you blinked you might have missed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X