This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    Some things were just too predictable, and there will be obvious solutions to the problems.

TJ getting shot, not enough to kill her but enough to kill the baby. I think I (along with many others) predicted this outcome since we find out that she is pregnant.

Main cast members in imminent danger that could lead to death is anti-climatic. There's no way Young, Greer or Scott are gonna get killed off. Would've been more interesting if it was someone like Wray or another supporting cast member.

Unimportant character getting killed off in hostage situation for dramatic affect. Not so dramatic. Make it a supporting character who's face we've actually seen and has had at least a few lines.

Ok other than that, I enjoyed the episode Pretty good job for a season finale. I like the direction the Varro character is going, I hope they keep him on as recurring at the very least.
    Mike Dopud has played some interesting guest characters in the past. If this means a regular guest starring role for him on SGU, I think that's great as he's actually one of the Lucian Alliance members that actually seems like a sympathetic character.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know why but after this finale am I the only one who can see this happening in intervention

. TJ's baby buys the farm
      .Riley lives (after the marine gets killed you can see the lower part of Riley and he is crawling)
      .Kiva Dies
      .Bald dude dies
      .Koz and Varro might "NOT" die
      .Telford maybe lives I give him a 45% chance as imo there is only room for one colonel on that ship
      .Varro halts the execution
      .Chloe whilst looking for eli accidently stumbles on a beast living in the underdepths of destiny and gets eaten
      Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
        I don't know why but after this finale am I the only one who can see this happening in intervention

.Riley lives (after the marine gets killed you can see the lower part of Riley and he is crawling)
        .Kiva Dies
        .Bald dude dies
        .Telford maybe lives I give him a 45% chance as imo there is only room for one colonel on that ship
        .Chloe whilst looking for eli accidently stumbles on a beast living in the underdepths of destiny and gets eaten
        I don't give any of these much chance, except for Chloe getting eaten.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post

.Kiva Dies
          .Bald dude dies
          With the exception of your last point I'm going to say your most likely right. But I have a feeling Varro won't make it. I haven't heard about his actor staying on in season 2.

And if Telford has to die because their can only be one Colonel on the ship couldn't Young demote him and thereby heal him?
          sigpic
          Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
            And if Telford has to die because their can only be one Colonel on the ship couldn't Young demote him and thereby heal him?
            Young wouldn't have the authority to demote Telford. Telford would be the rank he is, regardless of who is in command. Young would be in command until he was removed from command by a superior officer... and then, there's the thing of how do you make that stick (assuming the troops on Destiny side with Young) when they're a dozen or so galaxies away from Earth.

regards,
            G.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
              Young wouldn't have the authority to demote Telford. Telford would be the rank he is, regardless of who is in command. Young would be in command until he was removed from command by a superior officer... and then, there's the thing of how do you make that stick (assuming the troops on Destiny side with Young) when they're a dozen or so galaxies away from Earth.

regards,
              G.
              I wouldn't mind Telford sticking to his cover as a Lucian and taking command of the Lucians.

Comment

Originally posted by ONeill4tW View Post
                I wouldn't mind Telford sticking to his cover as a Lucian and taking command of the Lucians.
                An interesting thought, but where would Varro fit in this equation?

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                  An interesting thought, but where would Varro fit in this equation?

regards,
                  G.
                  Dead? Turncoat?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Eli has come such a long way IMO since the very beginning of this show. He was playing quite the hero in this one.
                    I wasn't sure how they were gonna kick him into gear. I mean, we know he can save the day but how about they get us hooked on him!! But tonight's epi... man, his desperation in the last 5 minutes, SOO impressed!! Now I'm totally hooked on Eli
                    "Specialization is for Insects" - Heinlein -

Comment

I see Varro having a better chance of continuing in SGU than Telford. I suspect he'll be the leader of the remaining LA members on Destiny.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        And 2 days before mine. Mine is October 7th what great early 21st birthday present that will be.
                        Mine is two days before the show comes back. Will that be an awesome birthday present? Indeed.

Plenty of people having birthdays in the first few days of October.
                        Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I knew it was too good to be true.

I watched SGU from the start based on the initial clips. I never liked any other Stargate shows before
                          this since they look worse than the Star Trek rubbish . Being a Vancouverite it looked like cheap mediocre TV
                          was our specialty. But SGU looked different, something smart intelligent and new, something that might be worth while.
                          A Sci-Fi show that doesn’t entirely revolve around killing each other or the aliens

The struggle was just survival of seemly ordinary people in an seemingly impossible environment with the occasional foraging trip along the way to solve problems and break up the stress.
                          It was refreshing new show, that was not ruined by the occasional brush with insect aliens.

But now it seems to have lost its way. The writers have thrown it all away with forcing integration of
                          some lame Terrorists group who just managed to escape the previous incarnations of SG series, before
                          TV Darwinism consigned them to the dustbin of history. Its really tooooo bad

I have this depressing theory about most Sci-Fi movies that they start with an interesting if not brilliant
                          concept/idea and wade into the story only to reach a point where they lose there way. At that point the
                          writers pull out some formula file and apply the easiest line of lest resistance to get to the end of the movie.
                          Its ooh so rare and refreshing when they actually developed the idea into something new.

Made in Canada eh, pity!

How depressing

Comment

Here's a question when the power goes out would that shielded hull breach lose integrity and wouldn't Scott and Greer be able to just go in?

Comment

According to IMDB.com (which some people might not believe) but apparently mike dopud is "Suppose to be" in intervention, aftermath and pathogen.

Comment

holy cow, the 3rd consecutive episode which was actually great to watch. Great musical scores, much better acting in this. This is the sort of stuff you want to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X