Young or Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    When the other choices are someone who may well still be a traitor and a incompetent fool who is responisble for their current situation, I'll go for the option that is capable of making the tough choices when the survival of the crew is at stake, namely Rush. He may not be ideal but he is the besy option they have! (and yes that is a sad state of affairs)
    But Rush is quite incomptent as well. When he treats people as nothing more as pawns. I think he is just as responsible for the current situation as Young
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Utitan View Post
      Young isn't incompetent. It was a call that will work out for the greater good, losing a supposed un-brainwashed Telford AND Rush would have been a huge blow to the crew. Killing Rush alone would be devastating. That's why he didn't vent, he knew it had to be taken care of the hard way. Prepared or not.
      I'm also suspecting that Young stranding Rush on that planet earlier in the season had alot to do with his decision to not vent. If he vented it could solidify peoples thoughts that he is out to get rid of Rush which would be even more damaging to his leadership position. The people on Destiny still are not going home, they will still be stranded after all of this and they still all have to live together and Young knows that.

If it hadn't been for his uncertainy of venting with Rush in Telford's body, I think Young would have probably followed through with the plan to vent.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Considering that Young commanded Icarus Base and Telford only commanded the planned Expedition Team, I think Young probably has seniority.

Comment

I really believe that Telford will die in Incursion Pt 2, doing something noble of course. He's in deep with the LA so he will have to lead them to a trap which he knows he can't escape from.

Comment

Originally posted by pleed View Post
            I really believe that Telford will die in Incursion Pt 2, doing something noble of course. He's in deep with the LA so he will have to lead them to a trap which he knows he can't escape from.
            I hope not. This is the same reason I hope Kiva and some of the LA people survive, because the typical Stargate thing to do would be for Telford and all of the LA to die or escape, essentially leaving Destiny the way it was before. One of the things I like about SGU is that things from previous episode impact what's currently going on.

Perfecto!

Comment

If Telford survives the season finale, I would hope Young would maintain command of Destiny.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I would hardly call the person who stranded everyone on the Destiny in the first place and inciting a munity the person who has the best interests of the crew. At this point most the leaders have their own selfish motives and reasons for doing things. Well except BAG
                BAG is hanging out with the Furlings in Obeliskville.

I'm going with Young because he's a main character and Telford is recurring.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  If Telford survives the season finale, I would hope Young would maintain command of Destiny.
                  Me too, I think at this point Young is more fit to command given that Telford was brainwashed and working for the other side recently.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    Me too, I think at this point Young is more fit to command given that Telford was brainwashed and working for the other side recently.
                    And personally, I am still not trusting Telford completely yet.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

And personally, I am still not trusting Telford completely yet.
                      Hmm, I hope he's totally on our side now, but you're right it is too soon to completely trust him again, though Young seems confident that he's on our side.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        Hmm, I hope he's totally on our side now, but you're right it is too soon to completely trust him again, though Young seems confident that he's on our side.
                        I know. He could be in for a rude awakening. We shall see next week.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well all the foreshadowing right now points to Telford dying doing something noble at the end of Incursion Part 2. This will be pretty cliche but that's the way I'm calling it right now. With that said, it leaves Young, and even if Telford was around, I'd still go with Young.
                          sigpic

Comment

I know. He could be in for a rude awakening. We shall see next week.
                            I would honestly love to see it that telford knew what young was trying to do and made it look like he was successful, so he could lull them into a false sense of security.

Comment

I think General O'Neill should probably pick someone he can absolutely trust to get the job done. Young is alright but he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to make the big decisions. Telford was a former mole for the Lucian Alliance so its going to be interesting to see if telford survives Incursion, Part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                                It's technically Young's ship unless General O'neall says otherwise.
                                It's technically the Ancient's ship and nobody on Earth has any jurisdiction over it, regardless of who the military puts in charge. ie when the Ancient woman came back to Atlantis and told everyone to get out.

Comment

Working...
                                X