Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dialing into the LA planet to prevent a dial out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KEK View Post
    They never even knew there was a gate on the planet until they got there, and even then they had no idea they were trying to dial Destiny.
    Yeah they did. Why do you think Young was preparing for an LA incursion through the gate?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      Why would that be so super secret that Caldwell would be kept out of the loop on it?
      Telford leaked the secret and they didn't even know he was compromised. Caldwell had already been compromised once before. They probably did not want him in on a secret of Destiny's magnitude. I suspect there are still a few people higher up that feel Caldwell can't be trusted with too much, since he turned into a Goa'uld before. Why do they trust him with beam weapons then? He was already a ship commander when he was compromised, and I assume it's not that easy to train people to command a ship and Caldwell's experience is too valuable to just give him a desk job. It's just not valuable enough to let him know about Destiny.

Comment

Hmm... maybe all our battleships should just carry around a gate at all times so we can prevent enemy gate activity. And they'd be able to go back and forth to Earth any time they wanted.

Regarding Icarus's gate not being able to accept an incoming wormhole, I think it was a safety measure the SGC put in (have to rewatch Air to be sure), because with the gate connected to the planet's core an incoming wormhole might have made the planet blow up. It's reasonable to assume the LA would do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
          Hmm... maybe all our battleships should just carry around a gate at all times so we can prevent enemy gate activity. And they'd be able to go back and forth to Earth any time they wanted.
          And they've got all those PG gates from the gate bridge just floating around in the intergalactic void just waiting to be used for such a purpose.

Perfecto!

Comment

You know, I had forgotten about the gate bridge. They should be using those as weapons. Maybe dial one to a black hole and drop it on someone's doorstep, or use it to blow up another star like Carter did when Apophis attacked the Tok'ra... the possibilities are endless...

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
              You know, I had forgotten about the gate bridge. They should be using those as weapons. Maybe dial one to a black hole and drop it on someone's doorstep, or use it to blow up another star like Carter did when Apophis attacked the Tok'ra... the possibilities are endless...
              Carter should go around blowing up Lucian Alliance planets

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Then we would be just as bad as the Gou;ald..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Then we would be just as bad as the Gou;ald..
                  I didn't realize we were conducting mass murder and enslavemenrt
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

One thing is certain. IF the gate was dialed, exceeding energy would wave been directed into the core. Making it go critical and explode. The SGC was not trying to blow it up, but to capture it. Also SGC should keep an Pegasus gate stored aboard an SHIP with it's DHD disconnected, so they can use it on orbit of other planets. Get there, reconnect the DHD and take precedence over the one on the ground of the planet.
                    sigpic
                    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I didn't realize we were conducting mass murder and enslavemenrt
                      That was in response to the post above mine about "Blowing up LA planets.

Comment

There's no question in my mind, that the whole idea of dialing in to prevent a dial out was forgotten by the writers, perhaps conveniently. Keep in mind there are tonnes of questions one can impose, such as where's the other earth ships? Where are all the free Jaffa? Where's Atlantis. If this IS such a big issue why not take Atlantis out for a spin? Where are the Ori ships? Aren't they supposed to be allies by then? Where's all those Asgard tech that the people of Earth inherited.

But then if you ask these silly questions, you start to ask things like: Why can't they use the worm hole drive Zelenka discovered to meet up with the Destiny? Don't they already know of another Icarus planet one with lots of naqahdriah deposits: Langara (Jonas Quinn's planet)? I suppose the morally good people of earth would never consider sacrificing an entire planet full of people for their own gain... But what about the LA? Wouldn't they have little issue with killing people for their own gain?

Plot holes, plot holes....

Comment

But we can't just take any gate in the MW too the planet as the default gate would take precedent. I just don't get the point of putting a peg gate on a 304 when the only enemy in the MW is the LA who use ships, so we don't really need to attack planets and stop them from dialing out.

I'm sick people saying just because they don't use a certain piece of technology it's a plothole all of a sudden.

Comment

Carrying around stargates on ships like Hammond just sounds like an enormously bad idea.

They couldn't just have it there 'cause anyone could just dial to the ship, throw in a big stun bomb and disable everyone on the ship. Has everyone forgotten how the super wraith ship fell? Whenever the bad guys have a big shiny new ship be it Goa'uld, Ori or Wraith, it's always the reason they're taken: they have a gate on the ship.

They couldn't have it there with an iris 'cause what if some random person wanting to dial the planet the ship is orbiting but reached the ship instead, stepped through and killed themselves.

Hell, it's even a bad idea to have a disabled gate on the ship 'cause what if they wanted to use the gate on the planet?

Comment

Originally posted by Evilshin View Post
                              Don't they already know of another Icarus planet one with lots of naqahdriah deposits: Langara (Jonas Quinn's planet)? I suppose the morally good people of earth would never consider sacrificing an entire planet full of people for their own gain... But what about the LA? Wouldn't they have little issue with killing people for their own gain?

Plot holes, plot holes....
                              The last question has a very obvious answer:
                              If the Lucian Alliance had invaded Langara and enslaved/murdered all of its inhabitants, word would've gotten out about it. Eventually, the people of Earth would find out about it and realize what they were up to. There's no way they'd have enough time to set up their base and finish their work before Earth ships would be on their doorstep to blow them up to Kingdom Come.

And even if they did manage to escape, then Earth would still know what they were up to, which would make it exceedingly difficult to try again.

The other stuff are plot holes without logical questions, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X