X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Was it?

Not snarking, I just really don't remember Kinos coming up (two weeks between episodes does that to me). When was it mentioned in Subversion?
    we know telford supplied the LA with information. you can't tell me the kino tech didn't come up in those convo's. thugs like the LA would benefit from flying camera's
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
      Yeah, if the first two guys got mowed down then they woulda threw the flashbangs throught the gate. Or they could have sent through a few grenades when it first opened up
      But they didn't send any grenades through....and didn't communicate back to the Lucian Icarus planet either. s09's got a good point, they could've controlled the situation better than they did.

On a loosely related note: did anyone else howl with laugher at the guy who got scorched by the gate's steam blow-off? I don't know what it was about that scene, but I just couldn't help myself
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Was it?

Not snarking, I just really don't remember Kinos coming up (two weeks between episodes does that to me). When was it mentioned in Subversion?
        She knew about communication stone and a good part of Destiny's personnel. I think her knowing about KINOs is a good guess
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
          Yeah, if the first two guys got mowed down then they woulda threw the flashbangs throught the gate. Or they could have sent through a few grenades when it first opened up
          How would they have known?

Comment

But they didn't send any grenades through....and didn't communicate back to the Lucian Icarus planet either. s09's got a good point, they could've controlled the situation better than they did.

On a loosely related note: did anyone else howl with laugher at the guy who got scorched by the gate's steam blow-off? I don't know what it was about that scene, but I just couldn't help myself
            I did, i actually yelled out "that was awesome!"

Comment

I thought it was absolutely hysterical. We haven't seen the steam in a while, and it was a nice reminder of how primitive these stargates are... and what they can do to you if you're not paying attention
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

People keep saying that they should have vented the atmosphere - but, honestly, the only way that could have worked was if they had done so prior to the Lucian Alliance even arriving. They would have likely been able to open the doors before it really had any effect on them.

Young also didn't know if they would be throwing in any explosives. Leaving people in the gateroom would've been a disaster.

Comment

How did they get the door opener anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                    People keep saying that they should have vented the atmosphere - but, honestly, the only way that could have worked was if they had done so prior to the Lucian Alliance even arriving. They would have likely been able to open the doors before it really had any effect on them.
                    Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                      Who did they get the door opener anyway
                      Anicents Wal-Mart
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        Who did they get the door opener anyway
                        forwarding the story.com

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
                          Good episode, can't wait for next week...

One thing bothered me — Carter's a blonde, FCOL. Even if AT didn't want to change her color for all of two minutes worth of airtime, couldn't they pop for a CG work and giver her a few highlight at least?
                          Seems a bit silly to me to spend VFX money on something as minor as hair color.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          is it the same color as her other sgu appearance (first ep i think)?
                          It's a bit darker, which makes sense since AT didn't have as much time to let it lighten up like she did for Air part 1.

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          They had been working on it already. And besides, Rush knew from experience what they needed to do so it was easier the second time.
                          In Subversion Rush says it could take him the rest of his life, and then within a few days including some time spent unconscious due to Telford 'dying' and with limited equipment compared to Icarus, he gets it to work. Seemed a bit fast IMHO. *shrugs*

sigpic

Comment

and this ep proved eli hasn't lost much weight. and that "you are here" t-shirt has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              In Subversion Rush says it could take him the rest of his life, and then within a few days including some time spent unconscious due to Telford 'dying' and with limited equipment compared to Icarus, he gets it to work. Seemed a bit fast IMHO. *shrugs*
                              He was probably bluffing before hoping to stall for more time. He already knows how to do it anyway.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                and this ep proved eli hasn't lost much weight. and that "you are here" t-shirt has to go.
                                Yeah, that shot of him getting into the 'elevator' was a serious close-up on moobage.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X