This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    is it the same color as her other sgu appearance (first ep i think)?
    Why don't you just watch the ep? It's really good one.
    sigpic

Comment

hey any ideas on how one of the LA men got like viparised (which was well cool) theres two possabilitys really 1 that its some sort of defence system (like a VI or AI) or there could be some alien being aboard that they dont know about any theorys and pls not stupid theorys like ghosts thats just thick .

Comment

Really really great episode!!

Young is kind of bugging me. So up and down, back and forth, off and on. Sometimes he won't tell anyone anything, keeping everyone in the dark. Sometimes he holds meetings to discuss the best and worst case scenarios with the civilians. Sometimes he's a butt-head to Lt. Scott. Sometimes he gracefully steps to the side and lets Wray negotiate. I don't know. Only very mildly annoyed. Pick a leadership style, man!
        sigpic
        Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
        O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
        Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
        O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
          Venting the air in the gateroom would have been far different than when he did so in Telford's compartment. There it was a controlled environment and Young knew he could immediately get to Rush's body to revive him. In the gateroom he may not have been able to get to Telford's body in time to revive him which would as far as he knew at the time have cost both of their lives. All the LA had to have had was portable breathing apparatus and the delay would likely have been fatal for Telford's body. Young was unwilling to chance it.
          Then your worst case scenario is: Telford, just 1 person on our side, dies. That's far better than multiple people dying. And come next episode, you'll most likely agree. Yeah, I know, you can' t make decisions knowing the future. But it will show why, when you're in the situation Young was in, that you do not hesitate to do what you need to protect the people you've sworn to protect.

Instead, Young put *everyone* at risk. Telford is a soldier; it's expected that they are prepared to lose their life in the line of duty. Just like those 302 pilots.

And yeah, as someone mentioned, you can't hold your breath in a vacuum. It's actually worse for you. A human can survive for a short time in space unprotected, but you need to expel all air from your lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
            Then your worst case scenario is: Telford, just 1 person on our side, dies. That's far better than multiple people dying. And come next episode, you'll most likely agree. Yeah, I know, you can' t make decisions knowing the future. But it will show why, when you're in the situation Young was in, that you do not hesitate to do what you need to protect the people you've sworn to protect.

Instead, Young put *everyone* at risk. Telford is a soldier; it's expected that they are prepared to lose their life in the line of duty. Just like those 302 pilots.

And yeah, as someone mentioned, you can't hold your breath in a vacuum. It's actually worse for you. A human can survive for a short time in space unprotected, but you need to expel all air from your lungs.
            Young didn't know the stones disconnected. He thought Rush would have died as well. And Young had no idea about the door openers, so why not give Kiva the chance to surrender, saving Telford and Rush? As far as he was concerned the LA had no way of getting out of the gateroom. If they didn't have the door openers and refused to surrender, he would have vented the atmo, but that should be the last resort if two of your people's lives are at stake.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
              Here's my defense of Young - at the time he made the decision, and I had the same information he did, I thought it was a good one. I did not see the LA door openers coming. If Young had known that the LA would be able to override the doors, he might have made a different decision. But he didn't know.
              yes, it's very easy to say in hindsight what should or shouldn't have happened. He had no idea what the LA would bring with them, and he had no idea that the person he was looking at was Telford, not Rush. Even Volker thought Telford was Rush. Would Young have killed Telford? I don't know, but I don't think so. I have the feeling (speculation only) that he thought Rush would be left behind on the icarus-type planet and that the SGC would beam him aboard. I don't think he expected to be dealing with Telford/Rush coming through the gate at all. In the heat of things, small changes can affect what you do. It's the way things happen; you make decisions with the information you have at the time, not the information you get afterward.

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              One of the thing that was pretty odd and dangerous on the part of Young is when he didn't tell everybody about his plan to get Telford killed to reverse the brainwashing. Sure it made some great TV suspense. But I don't see any upside to it. At one point the whole ship was almost on the point of mutiny. In the sense, that this attempt at killed him could have failed because somebody would have put a stop to it not knowing what Young was planning. For example, the scientists and Brody were on the verge at putting the air back in the room. Wray was going to open the door as well as Scott. It would have been odd if Scott would have knocked Young over and take over the command because, according to him, Young was loosing it.
              I'm thinking that he didn't know who he could trust. That they weren't sure who could be trusted seemed to be well established in Subversion. Brody is interesting to me and I hope we learn more about that after at some point.

Originally posted by Lahela View Post

No, she didn't. She ordered one of her own people to dial. The guy that dialed.
              *nods* yes, it was out of Rush's hands at that point

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              I'm thinking Destiny couldn't handle another incoming 9-chevron address and just lost it.

There's only one minor thing that irked me about the whole ep. Why oh why was TJ running after Rush? Right now it seems just a writer's set-up for her being captured.
              TJ is still a trained soldier, no matter her condition. It's also a writer's set up but everything is a writer's set up

Well, except that Young didn't know it was Telford down there in the gateroom. He thought it was Rush. He's also got to be thinking that if these two guys are still connected and one of them dies, so does the other and they lose both. I don't think he expected to see Telford come through the gate.
              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by RedXian View Post
                That's the question. Those devices seem to fit the locks of the doors quite well.

I have a feeling that the LA have access to another data repository that has more details about Destiny. I wouldn't be surprised if they had found the place the ship was built (I'm assuming it wasn't Earth). Or perhaps they had found the planet the Ancients had originally planned to gate to Destiny from.
                That would be the logical explanation, they found yet another thing that was not in the Atlantis database. Really, what was the point of the Atlantis database if there is not anything actually stored in it?

Comment

Originally posted by kwlafayette View Post
                  That would be the logical explanation, they found yet another thing that was not in the Atlantis database. Really, what was the point of the Atlantis database if there is not anything actually stored in it?
                  I'm sure there are lots of things stored in the database. Whether there's anything stored in there that has anything to do with Destiny is a whole other matter. Perhaps it's why SGA isn't referred to in this series, because it has no bearing on SGU?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                    I'm sure there are lots of things stored in the database. Whether there's anything stored in there that has anything to do with Destiny is a whole other matter. Perhaps it's why SGA isn't referred to in this series, because it has no bearing on SGU?
                    Atlantis, and the Pegasus Galaxy have both been mentioned.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                      Atlantis, and the Pegasus Galaxy have both been mentioned.
                      yes, I know there was a passing reference, but it's been very, very brief. It hasn't bveen used to the extent that the SGC has, is all I'm saying
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                        yes, I know there was a passing reference, but it's been very, very brief. It hasn't bveen used to the extent that the SGC has, is all I'm saying
                        But homeworld command and the SGC aren't really SG-1 specific things since they were mentioned and shown in SGA as well (well HWC wasn't shown, but Jack showed up in his role as the head of HWC, so...).

Perfecto!

Comment

Question about Telford: does kiva know that telford was broken free of the brainwashing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Question about Telford: does kiva know that telford was broken free of the brainwashing?
                            no which is why he was leading the team of LA;'s
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              there's no way that she would know that
                              if she thought he was no longer brainwashed, she wouldn't be handing over a weapon and giving up 6 of her men
                              sigpic

Comment

First I think venting the gate room would have put both of their lives (at the time that is what he and everybody else thought would happen) at grave risk. It is very easy with 20/20 hindsight to look back and pick flaws with what was done on a fictional space TV show. Trying to argue how it could have been done is just speculation and will not prove anything. I don’t agree that his choice not to sacrifice two lives makes him incompetent. Personally, I admire his compassion; Rush was invaluable to the ship and couldn’t afford to be lost.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion; you are free along with others to agree with O'Neill that he should have vented the gate room and sacrificed both of them to avert the attack.

And in all fairness I will say again O’Neill’s assessment is hypocritical; when the Replicators still had Sam he could have stopped them if he had used his disruptor weapon on their ship before it lifted off; he was unwilling to fire because it would have meant sacrificing her life to do so. In that instance the stakes were far higher than just the take over of a space ship; our entire galaxy was at risk from a Replicator invasion.
                                Last edited by Blackhole; 06 June 2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X